Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

few hybrid questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by AggO, Mar 25, 2004.

1. AggO

AggO IncGamers Member

few hybrid questions

I'm intrested in making a hybrid, so far i have this:

Helm: 7/7/20 gaze socketed with 29ed/15ias jewel
    Armor: Lionheart Boneweave Or Shaftstop Or PtopSkullders
    Rings: 220/19dex raven + rare ML ring (nice res)
    Ammy: none(i traded everything i have to make this char)
    Boots: 42% War Travs
    Weapon(s): Demon Arch's Balrog Spear (192 ed// 8%LL) Or Thunderstroke (199%) + switch on Eagle(shael'd)
    Shield: Rhyme'd Trolls nest
    Gloves: Rare +1passive/10ias/8dex gloves
    Belt: 8/12 strings Or Nosferatu's Or Up'd Goldwrap

Merc items(plan to get holyfreeze or might):
    6/6/15 gaze
    ethereal 'helhel' bonehew
    some crappy armor

what do you guys think i should put my skill points into? and what should my stats look like (dex,str,vit, etc) this will be mainly pvM and once i get her to ~85 ill turn her into mf. thanks in advance.

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

well a might merc for when you switch to your bow for LIs.

max LF, max multishot,
    ( eagle has IDT and LF has it too, so you wont have to worry AR )

get good passives, not critical stirk or penetrate, leave those alone.
    get good Peirce.

get only the dex and str. you need for items, your IDT on your bow + the always hitting LF will make you not need dex for AR. Instead do alot of vit.

so stats like this:

str. enough for gear ~ 100
    dex. enough for gear ~ 130
    vit. rest
    energy. none

for mfing do shenk at frigate highlands, and pindel. with this build those should be fast. Guess mf +skills is the most important stuff. Dont think about ISA. Doesnt really matter that much for a LF user.

first amu you finde that gives either +ama skills or +3 java skills or just +skills you put on.

IF you plan to do mfing places where monsters have elemental ranged attacks, get alot of all res gear, the more the merryer.

3. jren

jren IncGamers Member

a couple things that i would suggest:

if you are making a hybridzon, i would 100% put more emphasis on javalin skills. (i have made many zons lvl90+ with diff combos of javalin/bow skills and have found that javalins are better for mf pvm hands down).

This is what i would suggest:
    Javs:
    Max LF - Make this your main attack as it is one of the best screen killing skills in the game.

Max Charge Strike- Use this for bosses and those single unique monsters with light immune, for me, charge strike takes out meph in a couple seconds and diablo in even less time that that. Trust me, you won't regret putting points in this skill as it also acts as a synergy for LF.

I would also max out at least another java skill but it is up to you.

Bows:
    Mult shot- i wouldn't recommend maxing this skill out just because you wont need it that much. What i mean by that is, since LF will be your main attack, the only time you will use this is with non resistance monsters. Plus, if they are single monsters, you have charged strike.

Strafe or Guided- put only some/1 points in this as they will take less mana than multshot. i wouldnt get both though
    (i picked to put 1 in guided for pvp purposes and because 1 hit with guided on monsters will leech full life/mana for me - with my gear it comes out to be 10 skills :lol:. )

Passives- Agree with post above.

skills:
    minimal str for eq (plan your eq b4 so you can do a quick calculation, i cant stress this enough)
    dex- personally i like enough for max block however, i have a vit zon which is very viable as well
    vit - the rest of your points. you can never have enough life
    energy- none.

4. AggO

AggO IncGamers Member

hey guys, id like to give you my "hybrid" update

Base str: 135
    Base dex: 160ish
    rest is into vit.

basically, she owns. she blows the doors off any sorc, hammerdin or godly botd barb. I run around in NM/hell games and have absolutly no problem owning things faster than anyone else (crazy godly item'd orb/CL sorcs, meteor-orb sorcs) and i cannot be happier. At lvl 72(what she is at right now), and i plan to remake her, this time not hybrid. my eaglehorn suits me well in NM 8 player games, but i rarely meet/find the occasion where i need to switch my weapon and use guided or strafe. One small problem i encountered in NM was my % chance to hit enemies. my AR is ~4kish (off the top of my head) and my % chance to hit is about 80-84 on most monsters. idealy, i would like it to be atleast **%, but do you guys think that its worth the skill points or dex pts to put into?

2nd thing, here is my gear after some testing
    On gloves, i chose to use Laying of Hands because of the ias/+350% dmg to demons
    armor: I rarely found myself in situations where my life got low (i have about 800hp), so i stopped using shaftstop once i got in NM because i didnt need it. my lionheart boneweave suits me perfectly, because it gives you everything you want in a armor (maybe not +skill or +mf, but then we would be talking enigma).
    belt: again, since i have a 20DR gaze, i decided to just try out nosferatu's coil (over strings) for a few baal runs (i walked them) and i was very pleased. albeit 10% slowdown is barely noticable, the ias attribute on the belt won my heart over strings.

right now, since im on ladder, i plan to tryout my thunderstrokes, and then sell my eagle for some half decent amazon ammy.

5. jren

jren IncGamers Member

so basically you found out the same stuff that i found out after my first 1.10 zon :clap: Nicceee. Yea and i agree, javalins ownzz monsters :lol:. Oh although i still like 1 pt in guided arrow since it leeches full life and mana for me with my eq (i have not used a single mana pot for pvm since .... well, ever =/ )
    and i also pvp so guided helps.

Oh a few other things that could further improve your new zon.
    1) tgods will be very very useful for your zon now that you are going pure/95% javalins.
    2) java charms will allow you to *own (ahem, *own faster) monsters. so stock up on those. They arent that expensive (tradewise) compared to other types of skill charms.
    3) i like to have enough dex -- including my eq -- for max block (that means i hit monsters 90+ percent of the time). wartravs and tgods gives dex. Sandstorm treks are good boots too. BUT this is purely on player preference.
    4) Get a NM act 2 Defensive Merc which freezes everything around it. Again, this will help you *own monsters at lightning speed :thumbsup:
    ---
    PS: Ya ya, i agree that javazons are cool but
    hybridzons are sexy too when you have a +6BO CTA matriarchal bow with +3 to zon skills and other mods (go godly IAS :lol: ) or a BOTD Bow heh.