Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FendBarb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by BildBenny, Sep 19, 2006.

1. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

FendBarb?

This was just a thought that struck me the other day; Barbarians rarely use spears so this would be really cool to see. Of course it would require a spear with charges of the skill. Arreat doesn't list any of the Amazon's physical attack spear-skills as possible charges-modifiers on magics/rares, but I get the feelling I've seen charges of at least Jab in the past?
    Anyway, if it's possible for Jab, Impale or Fend to spawn as a charges-mod, how do I find the IAS-breakpoints for a Barbarian?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

AFAIK, there are no charges of Fend. However, even if there were, it probably wouldn't be practical. All the charges I've seen have had too low of a quantity to ever see use as a main attack. You'd be going to town to repair constantly, and you'd have major gold problems as well because of it.

3. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

You're probably right about the low amount of charges and constantly going back to town for repairing. Plus if you'd want charges it can't be ethereal, assuming you actually want to repair the charges.
    However I think it would be great to use it alongside with WW? Whirl right in to a pack and Fend away.
    Then again, I'm just trying to find a really good reason to make a spear-weilding barbarian. ;)

Any ideas on how to calculate attack speed bp's?