Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Female Witch Doctor's cosplay blog

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by fmulder, Apr 9, 2011.

1. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Female Witch Doctor's cosplay blog

RampagingCoconut and her partner Mario went to last year's Blizzcon as the female & male Witch Doctor respectively, here is a blog entry of her impressions:

http://tripleacosplay.com/2010/10/28/blizzcon-2010-impressions/

[​IMG]

RampagingCoconut was a finalist in the costume contest but sadly did not win any prizes. The awesomeness of the costumes however, did not go unnoticed by the D3 dev team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has started to chronicle the making of her costume, first the wig and now the top and the skirt:

http://tripleacosplay.com/2011/03/22/how-i-made-my-diablo-3-witch-doctor-wig/

http://tripleacosplay.com/2011/04/0...-clothing-or-the-easiest-thing-ive-ever-sewn/

Don't forget to leave her messages of appreciation and encouragement :thumbup:

2. MengNa

MengNa Banned

Re: Female Witch Doctor's cosplay blog

She did an amazing job.
    Incidentally, am I the only one who's surprised that she's white?

3. rampagingcoconut

rampagingcoconut IncGamers Member

Thank you, fmulder, for putting this post up! It's nice to know that some people really do appreciate our work :) We did the best we could to make our costumes look as accurate to the picture as possible, the only thing that I messed up is the posing; that staff was too heavy and not balanced right to stand like she does in the picture, and I would have ended up dropping it had I tried. I still wish I could have pulled off that pose!

Thank you!

Actually, the second day of the convention I was telling people that I was the Witch Doctor girl, and everyone was surprised, they didn't know that my skin color was just paint. I didn't plan on it looking like that, the paint I got was more red than brown but it just dried a lot darker than I intentioned.

4. BelialsWrath

BelialsWrath IncGamers Member

Very cool, I might do some cosplay this year IF I can make it to blizzcon

5. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

@ rampagingcoconut

You're welcome. Keep those blog entries coming please :grin:

@ BelialsWrath

Will you give us sneak peeks of your costume? :wink:

6. Varquynne

Varquynne IncGamers Member

RampagingCoconut - the costume was fabulous! It was great to see the Diablo universe represented so well in the costume contest. Bravo.

Mario had a nice costume, too. The mask was very well done, but it didn't translate as faithfully as RampagingCoconut's. I imagine that trying to get the same molded contour that is depicted by the artwork is quite challenging.

7. rampagingcoconut

rampagingcoconut IncGamers Member

Thank you!

We did the best we could on Mario's, it was really hard to translate that concept art to real life though. On the female, the pose is very open, you can see everything and figure out what most everything is. On the male's concept art, he's mostly in shadow, you can't really see his hair, his other arm, etc. I think it turned out pretty well though.

8. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Love the costume work RC. Both of them are awesome! Also wanted to let you know I created a diablowiki page for you and these works. Especially in the newly created addition to the fan creation section in the wiki for cosplay.

Here's the page: http://www.diablowiki.net/Rampagingcoconut

I hope everything is covered. If you want to add anything please feel free (you just need to make an account on the wiki). Have any questions please let me know.

HK

9. Flux

Flux Administrator

I talked to Mario for an hour last week and recorded it for a future podcast. Was very interesting to hear all the behind the scenes costume stories from Blizzcon, and more about the making of their costumes and cosplay in general. That should be posted next week, maybe Thursdayish...