Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Female Witch Doctor set

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by Adree, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

Female Witch Doctor set

[​IMG]

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it reminds me of the monsters from the book 'Where the Wild Things Are.' I haven't yet decided if that is a good or bad thing.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Leugi

Leugi Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Female Witch Doctor set

I like the design... I just don't like the execution, it looks rather flat... I'm sure Blizz can work it out betterly..

But it could be the lack of proper lighting and all... Maybe in game looks better...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The only thing I like about this set is the fact that it contains a lot more detail than the male WD set. It's not as plain.

What I don't like is the fact that the mask looks like a bad caricature. In the male WD gear set the mask looked pretty badass. The other pieces of concept art we have seen so far also had pretty imposing masks for the WD's. This looks like a kabuki mask painted like an easter egg.

The arms and legs have a pretty subdued colour. It's not the same bright red and green as the chest and head. I like the arms and legs a whole lot better than the head and chest. For some reason the head and chest really feel out of place in the picture. I don't know if it is the pose or the lighting, but something looks off.

What I would have liked to know is whether or not this set is in the same level range as the set for the male WD. Both sets posted have been showing a lot of bare skin. I want to know whether we can expect a bit more clothing for the high levels of armor and protection.

4. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

These are apparently level 5 armor (out of the 18). Can't remember where I saw that quote, but I am 95% certain it was Bashiok.

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

i hope you are right because that look simply bad in my opinion

6. Mad Mantis

For both the gear sets? I find it strange that femWD gets so much more detail and attention than the maleWD.

7. mn4nu

mn4nu Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty sure I won't be playing a female witch doctor if that is what it will look like.

8. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well i for one hope they are better armors later on but somehow i doubt it...

9. Konsumed

Konsumed Diabloii.Net Member

I just hope that all the different says actually look, well, different. SO far it looks like all witch doctor items get feathers o_O

10. Mad Mantis

Feathers, bones and wood will probably be a staple in each and every piece or armor for the WD.

11. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

At least the male one. Not sure about the female.

Feather, bones, wood isn't that much of an offense - the Necromancer couldn't quit earhumping his giant shoulder skull. As long as they got the metal bits to make it look like an actual armor you would take with you into hell and masks that look as awesome as the concept art, I think its gonna be fine.

12. badKarma

badKarma Diabloii.Net Member

The Witch Doctor WILL have the lighest looking armour compared to all the other classes and will be showing skin for the most part. Therefore, I do kinda feel like metal plates will be out of the question, and having metal plates work against the concept art and direction thats currently being shown.

Feather, bones, wood, in reality doesn't provide any defense at all, especially feathers.... but Diablo's a fantasy world... so some SoD (suspension of disbelief) is needed.