Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Feels strange not to lurk..

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GT92X, Feb 14, 2015.

1. GT92X

GT92X Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all, been lurking around here on-and-off for many a years - would pop by and search out the info I needed, I've finally broken down and created an account so figured I would go ahead and say hello, and now to the point..

Been running LK lately to gather up runes, gems, charms and jewels. The other day I found a decent map (Super chests are right next to WP) Alas, there is only one campfire - I've kept the map for one reason, and will keep it until I get what I want. I have a quite stable Sacred Targe rack, where I get the targe drop probably 6-7/10 runs.. I've already managed to get quite a few white 45's, even one superior one with 45 Res.

Though since I already have this rack at the ready I decided I should stick it out and try to get a juicy Exile base for ever come a day I would like to build one. I have to say I'm getting quite irritated, I am not finding many ethereal targes, and when I do the RES is quite awful, I think the best I have managed to snag up thus far is a 38 RES all.

Would anyone have any idea/stats on what the chances are to find ethereal compared to white? I think I read somewhere I was looking at 1/4k odds of a chance of getting the base I wanted - but even once I find a 40+ Res eth base I need to hope the cube recipe is nice to me and grants me 4SOC.

So there's that, thanks for reading! Any info/encouragement would be great.

(~ I know Sirpoops had a rack of this sort but I couldn't find a thread showing how long it took him to get the base ~)

2. bodry

bodry Diabloii.Net Member

Dont use cube recipe, visit Larzuk instead. ;)

3. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

But cube will eth defense bug it.

I think 1/20 will be eth, not sure.

4. GT92X

What Nulio said, I'm looking to Eth-Bug it once I get the right base :)

Well at least I've found this so far today, so that's something - it's been a while..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  5. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

<3 mal runes

6. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Ethereal odds are 1/10. I do not know the actual affix odds, but you would need to roll the highest affix and then roll a high number within that. Once you have a high res eth shield, you now have a 50% chance to get four sockets. (Pretty sure it rolls 1-6 still on the cube recipe, rolling 4, 5 or 6 will get you dour sockets.

7. GT92X

Make's it tempting to lower /p to 3 in order to spawn less NPC. I can tell whenever I will spawn the ST off the rack judging by if I get a NPC in my path before I click it, lowering the player count would make the ST rack more stable making it quicker to get the base I want, and therefore let me move on to roll a better map for just hunting runes and the such.

Yea.. Perhaps I'll do that, from what I can tell you still can get all the runes aside from Jah, Cham, Zod - regardless of /p count in 1.13, correct?.

E: Got a nice 'Dream' base for if the time ever come's I want to make that I guess,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    pharphis likes this.
  8. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Have you all gone mad?

*steals pants

*kicks shins

Welcome!

Krupa likes this.
  9. GT92X

{ *Crys* }

Thank you. :D

kestegs likes this.
  10. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, welcome to the SPF! It's really good to see a lot of lurkers deciding to post recently. Since you've been lurking for a while, you probably know where the stickies and rules are. Be nice to EU's, definitely drop by the bar for a drink and some spam, and enjoy yourself. Good luck getting that 4os eSacred Targe!