Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

feeling nostalgic...

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by dem, Jun 17, 2005.

1. dem

dem IncGamers Member

feeling nostalgic...

i've been magic finding hell meph (who isn't) since level 59 (use and abuse of teleport).

and i was wondering at what character level will the Messerschmidt's Reaver and the windforce be allowed to drop?

i'm feeling a bit nostalgic. (diablo 1)

oh i think i read a long time ago that it's the monster lvl that decides the drop and not the character level but i just want to make sure because i really don't remember.

note : this sorc doesn't kill anyone except meph

my blizzard sorc is currently lvl 81
    with 588 magic find
    damage arnd 3800 (the runs are pretty quick)

thanks

2. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

Meph will never drop Messerschmidt's Reaver or Windforce whatever your character level will be. Pindleskin, or monsters in level 85 areas are the ones that will drop you what you want.

3. dem

dem IncGamers Member

thanks for the reply...

no wonder!
    i guess the item lvls are too high for meph.

oh wait on a side note:
    does character lvl affect drops?
    if so at what char level do you have to be for all items (including prefixes\suffixes)to be allowed to drop?

i know for circlets theres a minimum of char lvl84 for +2 to skills to be unlocked.

thanks.

4. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Try pits, wsk levels, ancient tunnels, baal and ofc pindle to try and find WF or messerschmidt.

/Dec

5. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

Clvl doesn't affect drops (not even circlet drops). It's just when shopping or gambling (and maybe crafting and imbuing) that your charlvl is taken into account.

6. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Crafting is influenced by character lvl and item level of item.

Imbuing is affected by item level for sure like circlets, coronets, tiaras and diadems. I always imbue such items always after level 85. I dont know if thats a minimum level to start imbuing but i consider that a good level to imbue!

/Dec

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Imbuing has nothing to do with the original item,not even the ilvl, except for what you get back. (Etherealness is the only thing that is kept, staffmods, automods, superior, low quality all disappear)

Imbuing gives ilvl = clvl +4 so the only things that matter is your clvl and the base items qlvl. The items alvl (affix level, what affixes can spawn) is then ilvl - [qlvl/2]. For rings, amulets and grand charms, qlvl = 1, so alvl = ilvl in every case. That is why affix calculations for these items are so simplified.

For items with qlvl >= ilvl, alvl = qlvl.

Circlets are special, because they have a bonus to alvl. Diadems get a +18, and have a qlvl of 86, which gives an alvl of 99 every time, even when imbuing at clvl 8 or rerolling with six skulls at clvl 1.

There is a lot more to this, but I am not good enough at it to remember off the top of my head.