Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Feds Win Right to War Protesters' Records

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by llad12, Feb 7, 2004.

1. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Feds Win Right to War Protesters' Records

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ACTIVIST_INVESTIGATION?SITE=CACRU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Although we are not yet aware of the specific charges in this case, I shudder to speculate ...

Our democracy is founded upon the right of peaceful assembly; the right to dissent; and the right to have your voices heard. Without these rights, there is no freedom.

2. guspasho

guspasho IncGamers Member

Yeah, I just read that on Yahoo News. Wow. This is just like the something Bush/Ashcroft would try.

3. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Creepy.

I don´t think people will be silenced by something as lame as that though. Activists over here pretty much know that the security police keep files on them but don´t really care. As long as they don´t start outright harassment campaigns there´s no point in getting all anxious.

It´s a scare tactic... the best counter is ridicule and exposure.

http://www.1984comic.com/

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well perhaps these people witnessed the assault on the police officer. And perhaps the court would like to investigate. I'll hesistate to speculate until I hear more.

5. Plum

Plum IncGamers Member

I'm curious as to why they'd require "records of the request for a meeting room", "all documents indicating the purpose and intended participants in the meeting", and "records of persons in charge or control of the meeting". I can understand a possible portion of the investigation of the assault charge being a list of participants, but those three don't seem easily connected to the issue in my opinion.

6. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

They could be terrorists!

7. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I think to say anythng until any charge are brought on these people is kinda pointless.

If they only use this to gather info on the assault that allegedly occured, then this is completely legal, as well as not out of the norm.