Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fear the eternal stench of doom!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AJK, Oct 16, 2006.

1. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Fear the eternal stench of doom!

Let me dampen the confusion surrounding the thread's title: this is actually a standard average run-of-the-mill pat thread. It's about my venomancer, Stinky.

I'll outline skills/gear first, and then bla a bit about him.

Name: Stinky
    Title: Patriarch
    Level: LXXXIV

Poison nova damage: 6816-7044
    Enemy posion resistance: -74%

Skills:
    Curse Tree: 1 point in everything [+11 to curse from gear]
    Summon Tree: 1 point in all, 13 in raise skel. [+11 to summon from gear]
    PnB: 20 in poison nova + synergies (Pdagger, Pexplosion) [+17 to PnB from skillers/gear]

Gear: Trang-Oul's full set, 2 facets (-8/+8)
    Wand: Death's Web (Armpit of King Leoric on switch)
    Shield switch: Homunoconunculus
    Amulet: +24 Mara's
    Rings: 2x SoJ
    Boots:

Imp Track
    Boots
    Defense: 3
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Level: 52
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x2d446cc6
    Fire Resist +25%
    Lightning Resist +30%
    Replenish Life +3
    30% Faster Run/Walk
    12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

Here's a random unorganized collection of thoughts/remarks about this build, read and weep.

* Leveling this poison build was a bit tough, especially since I decided to raise raise skeleton after I maxed the poison synergies. I'm a bit of an impatient bastard, so I decided to skip normal difficulty and most of nightmare. I rushed my build like he was a lowly forge mule.
    * I died several times. All deaths were due to the same reason. I got ahead of my army and got creamed by archers/fast critters/exploding dolls. The parts of the game where I didn't rush, I didn't die. The parts where I made haste to get to the next WP, I died. Patience FTW. When I managed to stay behind my posse of appointed volunteers, I could spam poison nova safely.
    * Poison nova kills entire screens' worth of enemies in one cast. Spam and forget.
    * Lower resist works like a charm. Only a few monster types can't get their poison immunity broken. The small little twig of doom that makes this build shine is, of course, the Death's Web. A combined total of -74% EPR makes sure that broken immunities get shattered like eardrums at a metal concert.
    * Durance 2 sucks. The little exploding flayer farts' PI can't be broken. I tried to run past them. *poof* death. I tried again, running past them with a wide arch, oh no, I'm surrounded, *poof* death. I became a little annoyed. I tried advancing carefully through the Durance. Army couldn't kill exploders in time, surrounded, *poof* death. I ate my keyboard in frustration. Swallowing the space bar was the hardest part. I bought a new keyboard and decided to use tactics this time. I spammed confuse and ran like a little girl. *ca-ching* success! Confused flayers would explode upon eachother while I ran gleefully past them, flipping them the bird.
    *Ancients were easy. I spammed nova, stayed away, let gumby keep them occupied and waited.
    *I played NM/nightmare on /P8, and forgot to tweak that setting down for boss battles. No danger at all, except of falling asleep. Spam nova, run away, wait, rinse repeat.
    *I played through Hell acts I-III on /P3. I was very surprised at the effectiveness of this build. Almost everything died in one nova sweep. I could spam off a green donut of stench, wait, spam another, and sort through the loot left in the wake of the previous cast.
    *The Fire Wall granted by Trang's Set works like a charm against unbreakable PI's. Once the first one of a bunch lays down, I make the corpsie go boom and the rest follows.
    *I think this build can be a great Pit runner. I ran /P3 Pit a few times and nova allows you to sort through the loot while you're killing stuff. Nifty.
    *I also think that this build will do quite well in the WSK at /P1. I've only encountered one type of unbreakable PI --> snakes.

2. cade88

cade88 IncGamers Member

sounds like a fun build

congrats

3. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Congrats!

Glad to see you enjoyed him. I a Daggermancer once back in the day and after maxing Nova as a synergy found that I just used it 99% of the time anyway. A fun skill!

You're right up made me laugh also. Thanks!

-hps

4. lordbaver

lordbaver IncGamers Member

This was great fun to read ::D::D

"get shattered like eardrums at a metal concert."
    Here I couldn't help smiling

" I ate my keyboard in frustration. Swallowing the space bar was the hardest part."
    Here I actually laughed so high my dad asked what was so funny.

You are good at writing.
    Plus, now I want to start a poison-necro. However, aren't Death's Web REALLY expensive?

5. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Thanks. I fail at paragraphs though.
    Death's web is the second/third most rare item to find, depends on whom you run for it. Because it's not only rare, but useful too, it can get quite expensive indeed to trade for one, assuming that someone actually wants to trade one away.

6. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Veno/summonmancer is great in both areas. But I found he's faster with only 3 Trang's pieces and not in Vampire form.

Congrats on the Pat anyway :thumbsup:

7. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

love the ol' necro :)

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Pat! Nice gear and nice writeup!

I've never managed to take one of these to Pat/Guardian, they both stopped at the Pits for one reason or another:wink3:

9. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Would you care to enlighten me? In run/walk speed, Trang's Form wins. Or are you talking about casting speed? I did notice that Trang fails at casting.

NotthatitmattersbecauseIwillwearMFgearinsteadofTrangsintheWSK.

10. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

Yeah FC is bugged when you equip the whole set. Toppo probably means faster in killing speed. With the gloves, the head and another piece of the set you get the good "+25% Poison Damage" and "-25% to Enemy's Poison Resistance" which boost your damage more then something in these slots. While not equipping the whole set, but other pieces of gear likes uniques, you can easily get more +skills and FC than with the full TO set. Hence you will kill faster and therefore BE faster. :wink3:

Nice char you have there, congratulations! I still need to make one of these... eventually... :thumbsup: