Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FE bug

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cft, Jun 13, 2005.

1. cft

cft Diabloii.Net Member

FE bug

Well, this weekend my Shock/Freeze zealot got to the NM Ancients.

Even though I play SC now, I used to play HC, and I still try to play all my characters so that they never get killed.

Up to this point, Franklin, my electric pally, had not died.

Then I engaged the NM ancients, I was merrily beating on the leaper, taking a minor amount of damage, when suddenly I died. I had about 1k life, but was slightly hurt, so it was at least 900 damage. With max resists.

Madawac had killed me, instantly. I had both of the other 2 beating on me, hardly making a dent, then instadeath. And it happenned like 3 more times before I finally killed them off.

I am now, officially, sick and tired of the FE bug. Why bother play a melee build if the game is just going to instantly kill you sometimes?

So, now that mods are no longer forbidden, can someone point me to the FE-bugfix mod? I tried at the Keep, but all the mods I could find were either cheats or were major game changes. I just want the FE bug fix, with no other changes.

Thanks!

2. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Courtesy of RTB's sig someplace else:

0% FE Mod:
    http://wreckernl.homestead.com/files/diabloiinet/mods/FE_mod.zip

Reduced FE Mod:
    Http://wreckernl.homestead.com/files/diabloiinet/mods/FE_mod2.zip

0% FE Mod + Red Runes:
    http://wreckernl.homestead.com/files/diabloiinet/mods/FE_mod_redrunemod.zip

Reduced FE Mod + Red Runes
    http://wreckernl.homestead.com/files/diabloiinet/mods/FE_mod2_redrunemod.zip

Battle.net Runewords:
    http://wreckernl.homestead.com/files/diabloiinet/mods/Runewords.zip

Could we please put these FE things somewhere in a sticky or something? If they're not already there... I know at least 20 people PM'd me about this so far so there's definetly a market for this to be stickied *somewhere*...

3. cft

cft Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks! -nt-

-nt- 10 chars

4. #endgame

#endgame Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure it's FE-specific.
    I was playing act2 norm, came across a CE beetle with a (thankfully SC) fishy.
    All my skeletons pile on from all sides (so no CE-sparks could get out), then suddenly every one of my minions goes blue (myself, gumby and the merc weren't there yet.) I'm something like "hm...." then died.

I think it was pulsing the frost nova it shoots out on death, but it was invisible.

5. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot Diabloii.Net Member

Is there a summary for these somewhere? I'm considering the reduced FE mod, but not if it nerf's things too much.

6. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, when a CE beetle is put into hit recovery it fires an invisible frost nova. Same with LECE monsters, LEFE (splodey dmg) and LECEFE (Beware).

7. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Now someone needs to add a gloam, and poison viper fix to one of these. :thumbsup: I haven't used them yet since the FE thing doesn't tend to get to me too much, as I don't really play *through* the game anymore (though we'll see what's in store for the IK barb.) but the gloams annoy me more than anything else.