Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FE Bug Q

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by WhiskeyJack, Mar 24, 2004.

1. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

FE Bug Q

hey all...yeah, yeah, I know, another FE bug thread...be that as it may, i was wondering if anyone has had the minions of an FE boss blow up on them- I was in Tal's tomb, and an went after and FE mummy boss...I backed off the boss and killed it with throwing axes, and then went after the minions. One died, and I lost almost all my life (926 at that point). Popped a purple, and then went back in....another minion dies, and wham, so did i...it only occured with those particular minions. so, big Q, does the FE bug apply to minions as well? (scary prospect)

cheers,
    WJ

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

yeah i have seen that happen too, it is just like a zombie boss pack where theboss has mana drain, and if a minion hits you your mana bulb is empty

:scratch:

i think some of the mods have a change to convert to their minions too, don know it for sure... Or they could have been off course stygian dolls, those have a nasty explosion when they die and can do some SERIOUS damage

lets make a campfire and wait till Shade pops his little head in

*strolls off looking for firewood*

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

It would help to know what kind of monsters these minions were. If they happened to be undead stygian dolls(they come red also, don't remember the name for those)...

If they were burning dead(the red skeletons with shields also met in the sewers), there must be another bug. Haven't personally experienced such a thing so I guess no comment. :(

edit: sorry for that, I thought you meant the resurrecting type mummies(Unraveller etc) where the minions are of another monster type. You can disregard my post.

4. WhiskeyJack

ooh...a campfire...i'll get the fixin's so we can make s'mores...(marshmallow, chococlate and grahm cracker, for any that don't know...)...

and yeah, i've notice the boss/minions connections like with mana burn as well, that's why i was wondering. It's kind of annoying if so...bad enough to have to worry about a boss...but a whole pack? grrr...

5. WhiskeyJack

as stated, they were mummy types (I forget names)...the kind that leave a poison cloud behing after being killed. I know about the dolls...I run in fear from them too...

6. Forcefeedback

After thinking about the right monster and the problems gloams have, I could think of a possibility. You know how the Gloam bug for example works, the melee damage is calculated into the ranged damage and you can have multiple hits if you get a direct hit.

Now if the normal melee damage(physical+poison) isn't carried over by the poison cloud, maybe the extra fire damage minions get for being a minion of a fire enchanted bosses is. It would explain why you get hit so bad. The poison damage you receive doesn't increase the damage, it only resets the timer, so it could be that going through the poison cloud amounts to multiple hits from the +fire damage the minion happens to have.

This is only my guess.

7. WhiskeyJack

It's an interesting guess. I didn't actually know about the gloam bug, but now I know something else to look out for. I can't say if I walked forward into the cloud or not, as i was zealing away and pretty much locked in front of a small group. It's definitely possible though. It hadn't happened with other FE boss minions, but they also didn't have the poison cloud.

8. Forcefeedback

This seems to support the idea that elemental damage carries the extra +fire damage.

This was found from the daily wednesday thread.

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

This seems backup some strange damage I experienced with my assassin build back to my early 1.10 D2 time.

Let's wait until Shade kicks in.

10. strijdje

Join the campfire mate :lol:

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

This is OT, but you should know my 2nd build-in weapon, do you need help to start the campfire? or clean the camp area with my primary weapon?

12. strijdje

nah the fire is already up, for quite a while too, WhiskeyJack is already making some smores here :D

13. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

I belive i read somewhere that some mods affects minions aswell. Mana Drain is one of them, tested it myself :teeth:

But if FE does, any groupkillskill becomes dangerous . . .

*joins the campfire*
    *brings out a fryingpan and starts making bacon*

14. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Actually, I thought that most, if not all, 1.10 bosses were so "nice" as to share there specialties with their pet minions :scratch: I know for sure that Cold Crow does that (dunno if that's the right name, cold-enchanted lady in Cave lvl 1, Cold Plains).

Anyway, most bosses do so, as far as I know, only some standard bosses and the end bosses don't (right?). Hardly ever encounter a boss-pack with no sharing, but it might be me...

15. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

These are my observations:

Bosses will share:
    * CE, FE and LE. The minions get a resist boost and elemental damage (CE archers are especially dangerous). No sparks or death explosion/nova from the minions, though (thankfully!).
    * Mana Burn. Annoying and/or dangerous for some builds.
    * Extra Strong. Can be very dangerous if it´s a hard-hitting monster type. Beware! (especially if there is Might/Fanaticism/Cursed involved)
    * Extra Fast. Moving speed is definately shared (as in 1.09). I don´t know if the minions get increased attack speed (as the boss does).
    * Spectral Hit. The elemental damage from the minions is there. I don´t know about the resist boost (it´s only 20% anyway...)

Bosses will not share:
    * Auras (Well, of course the boss will share its aura effect as long as it´s alive and close enough to the minions. But without the boss, no boost for the minions.)
    * Multiple Shots
    * Teleportation
    * Cursed

I don´t know about
    * Stone Skin. There might be a defense boost and/or physical resistance, but the effect is much less than for the boss.

My first time in 1.10, I had two near-death experiences related to this phenomenon:
    1.) Coldcrow & Co. (of course)
    2.) Ancient Kaa the Soulless. His bony Extra Strong + Mana Burn + LE minions will be dangerous for the unprepared character/player. They were for me. My character survived. Just.