Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fcr

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Dalarans.Pride, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Dalarans.Pride

Dalarans.Pride IncGamers Member

Fcr

Does FCR affect timered spells? So, say i make a meterob sorc; will she benefit?

Also, how the hell do you find sojs? People seem to throw them away like their garbage, but i can't actually find one to use for my new sorc :scratch:

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

No, FCR doesn't affect spells with a timer. People are throwing away sojs because most of them are duped. Andy on Nightmare difficulty has a higher chance of dropping you a soj than most other monsters.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

sojs are next to impossible to find. i've found 2 in the 3 yrs i've been playing.

the first monster that can drop a soj is normal diablo. nm andariel has the best chance to drop one bc andariel drops more jewelry than any other monster.

ppl throw sojs away "like their garbage" because some ppl just have a whole lot of them from when the soj economy started or because they are that rich and everyone hates them for it.

fcr does and doesn't effect timered spells. there is a 1.2 second timer(i might be off on the amount). the way in game it works is this:
    -click to cast
    -cast animation
    -spell is cast
    -timer is in effect.

(fyi: there are 25 frames in one second as far as in game calculations are concerned)

this is standard for all spells (timer is removed for non-timered spells). the only thing FCR speeds up is cast animation. the clicking and "spell is cast" steps happen in under a frame, but the cast animation and timer take time. the cast animation step will take between 8 and 14 frames (depending on your fcr). timer is 30-35 frames. Because the timer is so much greater than the 8-14 frame casting, the difference in fcr is neglegable.

the common fcr breakpoints are 8 and 9 frames. with a 30 frame timer (generous estimate), the difference between casts will be iether 39 frames or 38 frames. that is less than 2.5% increase in speed.

now look at non-timered spells for comparison (9 frames to 8 frames). 9 to 8 is an 11.11% improvement.

I have problems telling the difference between 8 and 9 fps on non-timered spells. When i change its noticeable, but from just looking at them, its really hard to tell. that is on a 11.11% change. now a 2.5% change is not noticeable.

So fcr doesn't benefit timered spells greatly, but it does benefit all of your non-timered utility spells like teleport, static, telekinesis, and fireball(not utility, but u have it). so getting some fcr is worth it. i usually shoot for the 63% fcr breakpoint (9 frames) on all sorcs. 8 frame casting is reserved for iether non-timered spells or for pvp sorcs (teleport).

4. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

I got an SOJ drop from mehp hell (1.10).

5. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

I've been playing since the early days of D2 classic. To date I have found the following soj

2 in D2 Classic
    1 in D2 LOD
    2 in D2 1.10 Ladder

Here's the real kicker...

It took almost 2 years to find the 3 pre 1.10 rings
    It has taken me only 2 months to find the 2 post 1.10 ladder sojs.

1 Came from a unique Blood Lord in Durance 2 NM
    1 Came from Andariel NM

Go figure

As to non ladder pre 1.10 soj I have about 30 on a mule somewhere. Traded for these ones so I'm not confident that they are not duped by someone else (probably all or most are)

6. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

You can read long SOJ MF Guide here at Strategy Forum:
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146855