Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FCR BreakPoints And Build Advise For Windy Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by tmorrow, Sep 25, 2006.

1. tmorrow

tmorrow IncGamers Member

FCR BreakPoints And Build Advise For Windy Druid

I have a few questions regarding the Windy Druid I am currently building.

Firstly, can someone please list the FCR breakpoints for a windy druid using tornado - or provide a link where I can find them.

Secondly, I'm having some difficulty with my strictly PvM Windy Druid in Hell. He's now LVL80 and in Act4. He's finding the the physical immunes quite difficult. The cold damage from Hurricane works very slowly. Physical/cold immunes are impossible and running away is my only current option.

Here's my current setup. I'm not a rich player and don't deal in dupewords. I'm hoping someone can offer some cheap improvements that can be easily found or made. Any socketing suggestions welcome for the helm.

Peasant crown helm
    Dual spirits weapon and shield
    Skin of vipermagi (upped) armor
    Gloom's Trap belt
    Magefist gloves
    Silkweave boots
    Mara's amulet
    2x10 fcr rings with other mods that are quite useless.

I've got a craptacular array of charms. My resistances are 17/75/49/69.

I may have made some mistakes with my stat allocations as I wasn't certain what my final equipment would eventually be. My str/dex/vit/en with gear on is currently 165/97/314/45. I'm worried about the high Dex figure given I'm using a crappy monarch spirit.

My damage for Tornado is 3K and for Hurricane is 1.5K.

My FCR is currently 30+34+30+10+10=104. Is it worth going for the next breakpoint - and what is that breakpoint btw?

2. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

good place to look for fcr info would be windy guide in sticky thread above this one.

3. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

breackpoints for FCR are 99 and 163 (i don't think you should have lower then that).

163 is realy hard to get so stick to 99. For the PI have pacience for hurricane to work and for PI/CI i sometimes use hidras from my torch... but runing away isn't a bad option either. It's not worth spending too much time on a single monster.

here's the link to the windy guide:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=238126

have fun

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Your gear and stats really look alright to me. Your helm could probably improve (Shako or Jalal's), and you didn't mention a Merc. I always like Holy Freeze Mercs (NM Act 2 Defensive) with a Reaper's Toll. The chance to cast Decrepify can actually break some phys immunities and also makes your Tornado to more damage. For phys immunes that can't be broken, just stand in range with your Hurricane on and stun lock them with Twister 'til they die.

5. elmek

elmek IncGamers Member

Work on your damage, as it can be improved. Get some ele skillers for more punch.
    To get rid of that PI's, get a wand with Amplify Damage charges on switch.

If you have 35 fcr spirits, that alone and viper gets you to the 99 fcr breakpoint. Also spirits grant you 99 fhr breakpoint.
    That being said, you can switch magefists for bloodfists to get that extra life, get waterwalks instead of silkweaves, bk or sojs if you can afford for the skill and life/mana and some nice belt.
    Or you can get 24 fhr belt and sands for example to get to the 174 fhr breakpoint. This however is useless for PvM I guess. :thumbsup:

6. tmorrow

tmorrow IncGamers Member

Thanks for the link. I have actually read it before but missed the FCR breakpoints. In my first read I got irritated at all the godly runewords listed and didn't notice that less godly items are also listed afterwords. I'll reread it fully with more care this time.

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

no such thing thx