Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FCR Bone Necro (Seeking Help)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Trojan Man, May 9, 2005.

1. Trojan Man

Trojan Man IncGamers Member

FCR Bone Necro (Seeking Help)

Hello Ladies and Others ;),

Ok I've Been looking around for a good 4 days into gear, skills, and stategys.

This is what I came up with.

SKILLS (Needing Help):

Ok This is what I was thinking.

20: Bone Spirit
    20: Bone Spear
    20: Teeth
    20: Bone Wall
    20: Bone Prison
    1: The Pre-Requisites and Golem Mastery, Clay Golem, Summon Resis, Decrepify, Bone Armor

OR!

20: Bone Spirit
    20: Bone Spear
    20: Teeth
    20: Bone Wall
    20: Bone Armor
    1: The Pre-Requisites and Golem Mastery, Clay Golem, Summon Resis, Decrepify,
    (Marrowwalk Glitch)

Which you think?

Gear:

Circlet (20%)
    Vipermagi (30%)
    Trang Gloves (20%)
    Arachnids Mesh (20%)
    Maras
    Heart of the Oak (40%)
    Homunculus
    2x BK Rings
    Marrow Walks (For Glitch) or Trek (for other Skill line up)

STATS:

Strength: Enough to Wear Gear
    Dex: 0 Stay same as started
    Vit: EVERYTHING other than strength goes in here
    Energy: 0 Stays Same as Started

ENDING:

HELP ME, IS EVERYTHING RIGHT? Is my Gear good and which skill line up should I use?

2. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

i say your on the right track, but using the marrowglich it gives you more bwthen normal +skills, i think its some where around 32 bw or something, and instead of the 30 from viper i say use enigma teleport = lifesaving in duels and the str is nice too also the +2 helps

but gl to you in making it :stoned: :jig: just a little bit stoned right now

3. Trojan Man

I dont know I HATE teleporting around. I hate doing it and I hate when people do it to me. I also pefer Up'd Viper for the resistances too. I will have TONS of life, Exellent Resistances. I will be able to take some hits instead of teleporting. I am also planning on Prisoning them and bone walling around my self to protect myself, So i wont need to teleport.

4. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Go max block then if you don't like to teleport since you will get hit more.

5. Trojan Man

Max Block, Hmm maybe I will max block and tank the rest.

6. Trojan Man

Ok I've been thinking about the teleporting idea and I am starting to like it. But if i wore enigma i wont have 125% FCR and thats what I am going for.

*BUMP*

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

A few options for Necro FCR that you may not have considered. With some of these you can easily hit 125% with White Wand AND Enigma but you might run into resist problems without some nice bonuses on amulets and rings.

Enigma - No FCR but gives massive strength making new options possible.

+3 BS White Wand - 20% less FCR than hoto but a whopping +8 to your primary skill and relatively cheap too. All you need to do is shop at Drognans for a 30 minutes to an hour, get a socket quest, and get Dol and Io. Downside - no resists :(

+3 PNB Darkforce Spawn - Pricey but not so much if the other two tabs are only +1, 30% FCR, but no resists :(

OR

Spirit - +2 all, decent resists, +25-35 FCR and Enigma should help you meet the heavy strength req unless you are putting absolutely no strength on your necro. A perfect FCR Spirit Shield can be had for an Ist.

Arachnid's Mesh - Every caster's favorite belt gives 20% FCR and +1 all skills.

Crafted Necro +2 all or PNB +20% FCR Amulet - Pricey, especially with +life or +all resists. There are crafted Amus out there that make Mara look like a chump though.

+10% FCR rings - Rare ones can be found with nice resists. If you can get White Wand into your build, you won't miss the +skills from the BKs

Between these options and your circlet, you may even have a slot to spare if you pick the right stuff and keep resists from falling too low.

Edit: You might want to check into where you want to be dueling. I think Honor duels prohibit the Marrow Walk Bug. If you're just talking PvM and pubby fun, I'd say go with the marrows. Having those points freed up can make PvM a lot more interesting. Also a bonemancer with max FCR and Enigma can be an extraordinarily useful thing to have Especially if you get a point in revives so you can take some extra bulky monsters along for the ride to avoid getting hit as you run Baal for people or rush for Hellforge etc...

8. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

what about bone armor, if your using the marrow bug you should have a nice bone armor going around you, so i dont know what your meaning, you reisists wouldnt have to be 75 in hell, just in the positives :p

9. Pherdnut

Bone Armor only blocks physical attacks to my knowledge. If it blocked elemental it would be just a little to godly since you can recast it before it's been destroyed.

10. Trojan Man

Circlet (20%)
    Enigma
    Trang Gloves (20%)
    Arachnids Mesh (20%)
    Maras
    Heart of the Oak (40%)
    Spirit (35%)
    2x BK Rings
    Marrow Walks

Total= 135%

I will proboably just do this, and like i said with marrowswalks glitch and giving every skill points I am maxing Bone armor.

11. Pherdnut

If you're on USWest and want to keep your strength low but need to borrow some items to get an Archon Enigma on the first time, let me know. I think I've got about 60+ worth of strength in a belt, ring, and amulet I've been saving for when I get my very own Enigma.

12. Diablokgb

Diablokgb IncGamers Member

I have a necro on useast, and he reaches over 125 fcr, and does 5.5k spear dmg. He has 2.6k life, and 1.1k mana. (Im trading for 30+ life PnB gc's so his life will be over 3k when i get 9x of them). All his res in hell are max, and stack about 20% over. Look down for the equipment, theres some good pointers that you might want to think about.

Equip:

Weapon- Wizspike socketed with 15 all res/ 2 dex jewel (ALL people underestimate this item, i mean everyone. Yes hoto has the +3 skills, but if your using the marrow bug you really dont need it. Wizspike takes care of areas that hoto can never. First of, wizspike has 75 all res. Hoto has 40 if you get a perfect one, but 40 just doesnt cut it when your in hell, and people use faucets and such on you. Next, wizspike offers mana based on char lvl. I beleive its 1.5 per lvl. At 87 my wizspike gives me like 148 mana, which helps a lot, as when i used hoto, i had some mana problems. Next wizspike gives you 50% fcr, hoto gives 40, not a big difference here, but if you want to reach 125 or over then it is a difference. And finally wizspike gives you an option to socket it with something, hoto doesnt. I recommend a 15 all res jewel to get the wizspike to give you 90 all res. The 90 all res itself i think is better then hoto, because if die you can kill anything.)

Helm: Since your using wizspike, those tiaras that give 20 fcr and stuff are useless, as shako is superior to it. With shako you still get the 2 to skills, and you also get a huge boost in life and mana. And forgot to mention shako gives you 10% dr, which helps vs physical dmg characters. You can either socket it with a Um/Ber/Sheal/Jah which ever one you find useful, as all those runes have thier uses.

Armor: Enigma

Sheild: Darkforce (Can get up to 3 to pnb, and has 30% fcr. This sheild is not to be messed with. Theres another shield that owns darkforce, and thats a spirit sheild on ladder. If you are on nonladder, then just wait for this sheild. Um it to get 22 all res)

Gloves: Either magefists or trangs gloves. (magefists are good because they give 15% regenerate mana, and trangs gloves are good because they give cold res and 2 to curses. You can switch between them when necassary.)

Belt: arach (Of course)

Boots: marrow walks (Obviosly for the bug)

Rings: sojs or soj + bk (Id recomend 2x sojs due to the fact that they give huge mana boosts)

Ammy: Try getting a +2 necro ammy with 20 fcr, 10 fcr will work also. Resists, life and mana are always good.

So you have Wizspike (50%) + Arach (20%) + Ammy (20%) + Darkforce (30%) + Magefists/trangs gloves (20%) = 140 fcr or 130 if you get a 10 fcr ammy.

Now lets check out your resists. -100 + 30 (quests) = -70 + 90 (wizspike with 15 all res jewel) = +20 + 22 (umed darkfoce) = +44 + 15 (Umed shako, if you choose um) = 59 + 10-20 (anni) = 69 or 79 + anything else you want, you can have your ammy give you res, or you can get 2x 5 all res small charms to get 75 res if you dont have at least a 16 res anni.

Charms: Anni, 10x pnbs (Workin on getting 1x 12 fhr pnb, and 9x 30+ life pnbs), 9x 20 to life charms (get double moded if possible, like 20life/7-11 light res or cold res, etc...)

As you can see, wizspike build has its strenghs. Only thing you get from the hoto build that you wont get from the wizspike build is the +3 to skills. But with the hoto build you will be stuck on how to manage your mana and resists. And you would need a 20 fcr ammy to get 125+ fcr.

Dam, i cant beleive it was that long, thought it would be shorter. But hope this helped.

13. Trojan Man

OHHH IT HELPED LOL.. I agree 100% with you wizspike rules. Its cheap and has alot of good mods that other items do not supply.

I was thinking this on Gear after your post.

Wizspike (Probably Um it Since Dont need the Jewel)
    Enigma
    Shako
    Spirit (I just think it over rules DarkForce)
    Marrowwalks
    Trangs
    Maras (Those +skills ammy with resis and FCR you all have to be too high of level and i never end up getting that high).
    2 Bks or SOJ (The BKs help the life but SoJs help the Mana so i will probably see what helps more when hes made)
    Arachnids

so thats 35% + 20% + 20% + 75% = 150%
    Whats you all think of this build?

14. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

don't um your wiz unless you plan on hitting someone with that kitchen knife

and you counted 75 fcr on wiz, but it only gives 50. doesn't matter though as you reach the fastest bp with either number.

15. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey ya i am gambling a lot these days to land a nice lvl 67 rare +2necro/10fcr/prismatic/stats ammy but so far no luck :( I try my luck with Gheed cos i have a GC with his namesake hehe

16. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

try askin around for a +3 pnb (venomous) ammy of 10 cast (apprentice) should be relatively cheap and 1 extra pnb skill makes up for a bit of resist.

17. strifeSD

strifeSD IncGamers Member

diablokgb, i tried your wiz spike build, and well, its pretty good ^^. i dont have a fcr ammy, so i switched it with a maras, and used a 35 fcr spirit to hit max fcr. very nice idea.