FC - random questions

Snotty

Diabloii.Net Member
FC - random questions

Before I start I'd like to say that I've read some of the recent FC treads here, but I couldn't get the answers I was looking for.

Currently 84lvl

Skillpoints:
20 - fireclaw (+ prereqs)
1 - shockwave
11 - lycan
20 - firestorm
20 - molten
~20 - fissure

First I was going to max lycanthrophy, but then just went for the dmg. I've read Jayson's guide and according to him a FC druid should do up to 20K.... or atleast 14K. The way I'm seeing it I'd be lucky if I hit 12K, and I'm not sure if that would be enough to deal with top gear chars. Then again where I play most ppl play casters (the majority of top players are either sorcs or hammer/FOH pals). Being able to tank some more hits will surely pay of... on the other hand 10K in a bm environment, especially in dru vs barb/smite pals duels, erm... won't be pretty (for me).

So since I would have decent amount of HP I think it would be best to boost my dmg somehow.

My gear:
Stromshield: wondering how to fill that free socket slot there - any ideas ?
Jalal's - free slot too
Phaseblade (prolly 6x shaels)
Aldur's boots
Thungergod's / Trang's / verdungo
Mara
Soj - probably I won't be going for the angelic combo
Second ring ?
Bloodfist or 1fire skills gloves ?

5x skillers ...and pretty much that's it

As I won't be able to find myself Enigma I think - Duress/Stone or both . I have ~250 stat points still not invested and I was thinking if I should get more strn since I'd be doing a lot of gear switches or keep at min and limit my gear options but get more life ?

And the last part of my post would be about ... charms. Except skillers, what to go for - fhr, res or frw (without enigma it would be hard).

It's a pretty random post but to summarize it, here's what I want to know:

How to/do I need to boost my dmg ?
What kind of jewels/runes are best for my gear ?
What kind of charms do I need ?

NOTE: I'm playing on a v1.10 serv

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: FC - random questions

Hello ; )

The way I'm seeing it I'd be lucky if I hit 12K, and I'm not sure if that would be enough to deal with top gear chars. Then again where I play most ppl play casters (the majority of top players are either sorcs or hammer/FOH pals). Being able to tank some more hits will surely pay of... on the other hand 10K in a bm environment, especially in dru vs barb/smite pals duels, erm... won't be pretty (for me).
So far as public dueling goes, you will be negated from time to time, (ie sorb/stack/mystical powers from another realm). That is if the person even realizes that you are fc, as some are oblivious.
However, you can expect this bm in public games towards any elemental characters, eg sorcs.

As I won't be able to find myself Enigma I think - Duress/Stone or both . I have ~250 stat points still not invested and I was thinking if I should get more strn since I'd be doing a lot of gear switches or keep at min and limit my gear options but get more life ?
In my opinion versatility is better then 300 more hps. Just put enough strength in to wear your gear, making sure to include strength from your torch (if you have one, and anni, etc). The life you'd gain from limiting your character won't be worth it, especially as you've maxed lycanthropy, your life should be high.
Also, don't forget to stat for max block, without it you will be crushed ; )

As for your phase blade, if you happen to have two 15%ias jewels with decent mods, that is ar or all res/single res, then you could put 2 in the phase blade to reach the same breakpoint (110% ias required), and gain more resists or attack rating (depending on what you feel you need.)

Also, it's up to you, but eventually you may want to socket a 2 hander with 4 shaels/2 ias jewels or 6 shaels to have a bigger range vs casters/hammerdins.

1-How to/do I need to boost my dmg ?
2-What kind of jewels/runes are best for my gear ?
3-What kind of charms do I need ?
1- + to skills/facets
2- Depends on what you are missing, be sure to hit a decent fhr bp, 42% or 86% comes to mind.
3- Skillers, life/mod or plain life scs, really up to your taste. Frw if you feel sluggish ; )

Hope I helped some. Superjayson's guide answers all of these questions and more.

edit: Are you a werebear? If so you'd want 86% fhr iirc

Last edited:

Snotty

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the detailed reply. So guess I'm going to socket my SS with a shael (originally I was thinking of a hel rune) and put some more points in strn. Since Jalal's, annih and the SS itself would be my "permanent" gear options (except when I use 2-handed weapon) ~80 hard points in strn should be more than enough to let me switch gear when needed. I'll try to find a fire facet and all I'm left to do is... get 6-10 shael runes :|

I prefer to play stay wolf most of the time (looks cooler imho) and want ppl to believe I'm a fury dru.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

I think 1 point in lycan is enough. Fc synergies should be top priority after 1-point wonders. As for your sockets, fill them all with fire facets. That's a way for you to get 14000 damage. To hit the 4 fpa breakpoint you only need 108 weapon ias (in werebear form), so use 2 ias jewels instead of shaels, and use whatever prefix on the jewels that you like. I would prefer gore riders instead of aldurs though, crushing blow is important (and you'll take good advantage of it with your attack speed). I would rather take arachs than the belts you've mentioned. Not only for the skills, but the slowing ma help you in the defensive compartment. For the amulet, You can take a +3 to shapeshifting amulet with +100 life, since your main focus will be the shapeshifting tree. As for the rings, I suggest 1 ravenfrost and 1 carrion wind. Ravenfrost has lots of good mods and carrion wind will stun enemies with its ctc twister, and you'll take good advantage of that with your high attack speed.

Snotty

Diabloii.Net Member

Speaking of 1-point wonders, should I put a point in cyclone armor ? If I was a fury druid i'd definitely do so, but as I'm not one (less "spare" points) and there are no torches in 1.10 I don't think it would be that useful.

Currently lvl ** (almost 89)

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

I think 1 point in lycan is enough. Fc synergies should be top priority after 1-point wonders. As for your sockets, fill them all with fire facets. That's a way for you to get 14000 damage. To hit the 4 fpa breakpoint you only need 108 weapon ias (in werebear form), so use 2 ias jewels instead of shaels, and use whatever prefix on the jewels that you like. I would prefer gore riders instead of aldurs though, crushing blow is important (and you'll take good advantage of it with your attack speed). I would rather take arachs than the belts you've mentioned. Not only for the skills, but the slowing ma help you in the defensive compartment. For the amulet, You can take a +3 to shapeshifting amulet with +100 life, since your main focus will be the shapeshifting tree. As for the rings, I suggest 1 ravenfrost and 1 carrion wind. Ravenfrost has lots of good mods and carrion wind will stun enemies with its ctc twister, and you'll take good advantage of that with your high attack speed.
its not 108 ias. its 110.

aldurs > gores. the life/res is much more significant then crushing blow which is heavily nerfed now.

your reasoning for using anarch's is wrong, but considering snotty is dueling mostly casters he would probably benefit more from this rather than the DR from dungos.

3/100 ammy is best for melee. otherwise id rather use a mara's for res for casters.

and carrion wind is a stupid idea. the ctc twister wont always happens and it only stuns for 0.4 seconds. you would be better off just using a point in shockwave if you really want the stun.

@snotty ive never put a point in cyclone on any shapeshifters. you can only cast it in human form and since it obviously wont be synergized & including the fact theres no torches where you duel its effective-ness = 0.

Snotty

Diabloii.Net Member

Seems like I've run into a problem. When fighting barbs, most of them which would stack ~1.5 K poison dmg (mainly charms) would take me in 2 hits. My poison res is currently 10%. Switching gear means I'll lose AR (my hitting ratio is like less than 20% vs some chars) and DR. I'm thinking of getting a shield socketed with 4 Pdiamons vs elementalists and a 2-hand weapon vs hammerdins and some barbs. But still if I ran into a barb that prefers not to WW, the odds of he hitting me first are great. Even socketing my SS with an UM rune would probably not help.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

try a pair of treks. 20fhr+poison res.

this wont solve your problem but it will help. good ww barbs are hard no matter what.