Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FC+Armageddon possible?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by C-Beat, Mar 25, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

FC+Armageddon possible?

Hi all!

Would a hybrid with both armageddon+fire claws be possible for pvp while still having good dmg?

I've played around with the skill calculator a bit and with an earth shifter on switch i figured it's possible to reach 5k armageddon and 8k fireclaws at clvl 80.
    Though my biggest concern is; will this be a good build? is it inferior to a pure 14k FC wb or a pure fire elemetalist?

Have anyone tried this build?

regards
    C-Beat

2. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Once you get your fire damage around 9-10k it doesn't really matter much after that. If they resist you they are still going to take reduced damage, and if they don't they are still going to go down in a couple of hits. My bear is going to have 1 in armageddon when I remake him for sure.

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

so basicly your saying that it doesnt really matter if my FC dmg is 8k or 14k because it they dont have absorb they will go down no matter what. And if they do have absorb i wont stand a chance no matter i have 8k or 14k FC dmg.
    Do i understand you correctly?

If so, it would be a good idea to have a strong armageddon as it adds another form of attack making the build more versatile.

C-Beat

4. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

fc/geddon is very good, i got a lvl 65 one on ladder and kills faster than most blizz sorcs. very viable, gl

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

cool! :)

may i ask what your skill setup is and what charms you use?

I cant really decide if i should use elemental charms, ss charms or a mix of both.

I'm thinking something like this for gear:
    ialals
    enigma
    +3 ss amulet
    phaseblade with shaels and so on...
    earth shifter on switch
    ss
    verdungo
    bul kathos
    raven
    magefist
    gores or waterwalks

and then there's the charm issue :scratch:

C-Beat

6. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I use rabies as a secondary plan and shapeshifting as my charms to boost my life, duration and damage & attack rating way on up there.

7. hv)pheonix

hv)pheonix IncGamers Member

read kaz's flaming rabies build its pretty much a geddon fc build with rabies if u use a carrion wind if not just use the points in a synergy for fc

8. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Well this was ladder so low budget

Shael Buriza
    Duriels
    Jalals
    Highlords
    Gores
    String
    Raven
    Carrion
    Ik gloves
    100ar/6dex gc with some random charms

Well he was lvl 76, 4k arma, 4k fc, 2.3k life, 8k ar..

He was great.

9. KOL_Famine

KOL_Famine IncGamers Member

Well from my experience with my lvl 87 Fc Bear on East ladder
    (3.5k Life, 12- 13k dmg, 20k Ar, 7k defence, 4 Fpa)
    You need all the damage you can get if your going to be doing much melee dueling. In a normal duel my Bear will Get three hits in if it's lucky. The locking potential of the standard lepricon pal (Crown of Aegis, Levi, Eth Botd Zerker, Eth 30 + all res Exile Vortex ...) and a Pure conc barb is real problem. Both have Uninteruptable attacks and Usually 30k + defence and huge damage. If they are decently built with 75 res they are going to take multiple hits to go down to even 12k Fireclaws. Even with a shael ss and the 152 fhr bp it's extrememly diffucult to get two or more hits in a duel. So if you can't kill the person consistently with two hits your in for alot of trouble, which I don't think you'll be able to do with 8k fc. Although on a more fun side I can see the attraction of running around with decent fire claws damage and Massive Dmg armageddon falling around you, intimidating the hell out of anyone near you (I would be scared too ) :)

10. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

It sounds like a decent plan in my ears, thins i'll try it out as i have a FC wb on the way...he's 12ish atm so i havent gotten very far.

My only trouble is that i need to weapon switch to cast armageddon, though with a 50 second timer this shouldnt be to difficult in duels.

regards
    C-Beat

11. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

Hmmm i played one in single player when the patch hadnt hit the net yet and i got through norm,nm pretty good but didnt go far in hell. As for pvp i think it would be a cool idea and im sure ahs or will be done.

For me the skill setup would be:
    1 pt. in wolf,bear,maul,feral rage.
    1 pt. in artic blast,tornado,twister,hurricane
    1 pt. in oak,raven
    20 pts in fireclaws, armageddon

That equals 54 points (forgot fissure, volcanoe, boulder, firestorm) but the rest i would put into fire spells and go with ss gcs with life and/or ar. Though i wouldnt up the duration of armageddon with points into fissure because you could always recast the spell.
    As for equipment the usual 110 phase, ss, I use jalals, verdungoes or a good crafted blood belt with OW, goreriders for OW,CB, decent amulet like maras, and an armor consisting of jewelers of stability and id use fire facets to socket it with.
    Hmm actually i may just try this :D thnx for the inspiration.

P.S. i forgot magefists for gloves *:p*

12. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

of course!

If i move the points in fissure to another dmg synergy i would be able to recast it without weapon switching and i will reach much higher armageddon dmg! Thx steve for making me see this!

6.3k geddon dmg
    8.2k FC dmg
    Both on the same weapon switch :)

these numbers are with 5 charms och each tree. Basicly, if i switch to charms of the same skill tree i'll gain/lose ~1.5k dmg from both skills. Perhaps higher FC and lower geddon is a good idea, what do you guys think?

C-Beat

Edit: these numbers are with an enigma. perhaps a 4 socket armor with facets is better, though i'll loose precious life :/ opinions?

13. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I have some problems getting high life. How do you do that? i looked at the stats in the flaming rabies guide and that druid has over 5k. Even though that is with 10 ss charms with 45 life i dont get near that amount of life with plain skillers.

~50 start (or was it 40?)
    160 level up
    ~70 verdungo
    40 anni
    180 9 small charms
    10 amulet
    280(2) stat points
    60 quests
    ~90 skillcharms
    =~1220

with a slvl 25 wearbear and 1 point in lyc and enigma armor i get 195% life bonus. With the bonus i'll have 1220*2095=3599 life. This seems a bit low compared to what i hear...Where can i get more life? is my only option ss with 30+life?

regards
    C-Beat

14. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

plus vit sucks. you can easily get 200 life or more out of just wearing trangouls belt (66 to life). you get more life out of plus life than just plus vit or life on clevel. I don't know if the shapeshifting charms are completely necessary. if you are a bear, then I suggest 5 shapeshifters and the rest steel small charms of vita. very helpful.

--welt

15. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

a verdungo gives the same amount of life as TO belt, can even give more. 66life=33vit, verdugno gives 30-40 vit...

ss charms are my only source of dmg so i think i need them for dmg, though you have a good point. If i replace a skiller with vita charms i can gain 177life from them, not counting life on skiller. though i cant really switch skillers for life charms :(

C-Beat

16. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

well u could max lyc...(i dunno, if u have extra skill pts.) which with sum +skills can get u some +100% to life i dunno

17. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

+ life will give you more life after you shift then an equal amout of +vit on an item.

+vit will increase your life after you shift by 2 x +vit no matter what.

+life increases your life by more than double the +life amount after you shift, but I haven't worked out how this is calculated.

It doesn't mention it in the guides but you should max lycanthropy to increase your life and ss charms with life will help.

18. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

um....i think i've missed something in the life calculations. Doesnt the %bonus from wb and lyc add to the total amount of life? vit or +life shouldnt matter?!

I dont have enough points to max lycantropphy :( if i do i lose 5k FC dmg and 2k geddon dmg....thats alot! pretty much cutting my dmg in two...

C-Beat

Edit: Which would be better:
    verdugno
    bul kathos ring
    revenfrost
    fire facet in ialalas

or
    2*bul kathos ring
    trang belt
    ber in ialals

C-Beat

19. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

why dont fireclaw bears use a lot of crushing blow?

phelix

20. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

the dont need to? :scratch: it would work well but giving up helm or weapon would ruin the build a bit i think.....though there is some from goreriders.