FB Sorc, round 2!

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
FB Sorc, round 2!

Time to remake my FB baby again. I checked my mules, and seeing the +98/+2 life/fire skills ammy, +5 fb/FCR/life orb, and eth visc made me hungry. Here's what I'm thinking (Italics are ones I'm missing, and notify me if ya have em please)

+2 Fire Skills, +98 Life Amulet
'Eld' ethereal Visceratuant (Eld or Shael if that makes a difference? Probably sticking with Eld though, for more life)
Pruby Vipermagi
+5 FB/20% FCR/2X life orb
ethereal Magefist
+65 Life Waterwalk
10% FCR/mana ring (<= lvl 37) x 2
+2 Fire Skills, 20% FCR, whatever other mods circlet (<= lvl 37)
+100 Life/+17 mana Demonhide Sash or...
24Fhr/Str/Life rare

Since the last time I had this girl I shotgunned everything, I may want to opt for the 24% belt, Shaeling the circlet AND the Vipermagi, bringing me to the 8 frame FHR breakpoint. Hell, even the 24% belt would bring me from 15 to 11. So, is 8 worth it?

Also, to use EShield or not? I've never been a big fan, although it could come in big handy vs. chargers, or other hard hitters, but that would mean a lot less damage. To save skill points I could just invest into Telekinesis and get a +3 EShield orb on switch.. My old sorc's skills looked like this.

1 Telekinesis
1 Teleport
Max FB
8 in Fire Mastery
Rest in Firebolt

I honestly don't do the math, so there could be a better way to get damage, such as more synergy and less Mastery, but hey, I'm that lazy.

Lucky

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Could also consider a bladebuckle. Probably easier to get than that rare.

Can't be bothered to check breakpoints for you now, but otherwise you might want to trade the +1 skill on MageFist for Bloodgloves if you can't reach the next one if you prefer safety over carnage.

Closest belt I've got is 17fhr, 4str, 20lr, 15fr, 25% plr.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I think in terms of priority it should look like:

DMG - FCR - BLOCK - LIFE - FHR

Because you're not freezing your opponents you need to dish out as much dmg asap. And as well you need to be able to go toe to toe with melee chars long enough to pound away some dmg (as you already suggested about hard hitters). Thats why i'd worry about block and life, and maybe 1-3 pts in e shield (just enough to cushioin) but FHR i wouldnt worry too much about on a sorc, you can always tele away and regain your footing.

I have a 37 fb sorc on east, she pulls 3k dmg 900 life max block. I dont really like her, she could have more dmg and more life, but her charms are weak, because of no -res to enemies i would say i needed more dmg. The 37 blizz sorc brings in more kills by far far far. But if you can pull of the FB then i'd prefer it over any other type of sorc.

my .02 :)

cheers

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
is this on euro? cause i just found a fcr ring w/ 22 mana, lvl 15 req while i was boosting HoD :D

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
Blizz sorcs are deadly...very. I'm not underestimating them anymore, ever since i saw helz in action with his level 37.
the 37 is mine, helz is 34

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Remember:

You are the aggressor. Act like it.

You don't need to hang back and fling them off...Shotgun them. Get right up next to them and let them eat it. That's what's always been the appeal of the FB sorc to me, I can get up in their face with no chance for them to dodge and blow them to peices.

HelzCaretaker

Diabloii.Net Member
blizz/iceblast is far better then fireball is better for a few reasons:
a) -res from mastery, most low-mid duelers that have resists don't stack very high or don't have resists at all, harder to avoid cold mastery.
b) 2 attacks ice blast+blizz is a nice combo nearly leveled yari barbs as they ww'd me (chicken saved their butts)
c) cold damage slows your opponent down.

my advice for a fireballer:
load up on faster cast rate, use an es/cold armor switch (the cold armor chills opponent if they strike you (even if the attack fails or you block), teleport on chargers they can't charge if you're on top of them tele then fire away.
skills max fb/1 teleport/max mastery rest firebolt

On the faster hit recovery issue my 34 sorc has 0 and does just fine.

Oh and btw xey-lover if my sorc was 37 and dueled ya like my 34 you'd be dead ;).

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
HelzCaretaker said:
blizz/iceblast is far better then fireball is better for a few reasons:
a) -res from mastery, most low-mid duelers that have resists don't stack very high or don't have resists at all, harder to avoid cold mastery.
b) 2 attacks ice blast+blizz is a nice combo nearly leveled yari barbs as they ww'd me (chicken saved their butts)
c) cold damage slows your opponent down.

my advice for a fireballer:
load up on faster cast rate, use an es/cold armor switch (the cold armor chills opponent if they strike you (even if the attack fails or you block), teleport on chargers they can't charge if you're on top of them tele then fire away.
skills max fb/1 teleport/max mastery rest firebolt

On the faster hit recovery issue my 34 sorc has 0 and does just fine.

Oh and btw xey-lover if my sorc was 37 and dueled ya like my 34 you'd be dead ;).

psh!

you may outduel me, but you dont have nearly the same amount of patience as me to bring in as many ears ;)

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Maximum Fireball damage => number of points place in synergies should be 10 or 11 more than your displayed slvl Fire Mastery after +skills.

In your situation I believe that means max Fireball, max Fire Bolt, and rest of points in Fire Mastery (at least one point if none extra)... 95% certain without doing any math or using a calculator. I did just make a 32 Fireballer, and for her I had to dump all my spare points in Fire Bolt for max dmg.

Don't bother with EShield.

I don't know what your standards of etiquette are, but for mine I threw a +6 eth 'Insight' Partizan on a Might Merc and loaded him with +life gear... kinda rutheless, but goes very well with the Shotgun strategy, plus you'll never run out of mana.