Favorite place in the world and why?

tsangd

Diabloii.Net Member
Favorite place in the world and why?

I'm just thinking way ahead and wondering where I should go for my next spring break trip. Since this forum is pretty international, I'd figure I ask here: whats your favorite place in the world and why? (it can be where you currently reside or a place you went to for vacation) Personally, I really like London. I lived in NYC for a good part of my life, and Londons a good change from the nasty public transportation system and mean people. I don't know what it is, but I just get a good feeling when I'm in London.
 

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
I've fallen in love with the beautiful Irish hills, but the country is a bit behind in some ways, sadly.

My country - Holland - is very beautiful if you stay away from Amsterdam. Cities like Den Bosch, Maastricht or Haarlem are far more beautiful.
 

Kaysaar

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going back to Spain tomorrow, and having been there before, I'd reccommend it to anyone.
 

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
myleftfoot said:
Really? Do go on...
I'm just spoiled. :laughing: I'm used to getting hot tapwater instantly, over there you had to heat an oil tank or so and wait a wee bit.
But the silence there.....wonderful. And I still love those hills. Visited N. Ireland mind you.
 

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't believe someone is actually praising the London public transport system. Shocking, just shocking :thumbsdown:
 

myleftfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Vivi said:
I'm just spoiled. :laughing: I'm used to getting hot tapwater instantly, over there you had to heat an oil tank or so and wait a wee bit.
But the silence there.....wonderful. And I still love those hills. Visited N. Ireland mind you.
Ahhh, I thought you meant otherwise(politically or socially). Some old houses or rural spots mightn't have electric heating for their water so they run off oil (tank that sits out back). You will only find these in those lovely spots that you mentioned tho, so it's kinda catch 22.

Been to Holland, I liked Amsterdam but didn't like anything outside of it. The flatness of the place was just too eary, freaked the **** outa me.
 

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
myleftfoot said:
Ahhh, I thought you meant otherwise(politically or socially). Some old houses or rural spots mightn't have electric heating for their water so they run off oil (tank that sits out back). You will only find these in those lovely spots that you mentioned tho, so it's kinda catch 22.

Been to Holland, I liked Amsterdam but didn't like anything outside of it. The flatness of the place was just too eary, freaked the **** outa me.
Oh god no.
But yes I was in Enniskillen and oil tanks galore. It's still a city you know.

Holland is beautiful. Maastricht isn't that flat. I'm used to the flatness but prefer green hills which we don't have here mind you.
The outside is more quiet, and I think, more beautiful. Amsterdam is just a sewers full of tourists.
 

Unrealism

Diabloii.Net Member
Red River Gorge in Kentucky (Yea I haven't traveled much, I'm 19 and poor)

Me and a couple of friends went last year. So peaceful, just straight woods, cut down your own trees, make a huge fire, be manly. No alcohol, no female drama, no technology, no work, no worries. Just good times camping.
 

tsangd

Diabloii.Net Member
Machina said:
I can't believe someone is actually praising the London public transport system. Shocking, just shocking :thumbsdown:
Lol, i didnt say the London public transport system was good. The zone thing is kinda weird. But its system is definetly 100X better than the new york city one. Almost every 1/10 trains i go into have 20 minute delays.

As for Holland, i haven't been to anywhere except Amsterdam, so maybe i should check the other places. The country seemed obsessed with wooden shoes, flowers, and cheese, but of course this is from a tourist perspective.
 

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
Haarlem are far more beautiful.
Believe me, Harlem isn't pretty.

I'd say the Blue Ridge Parkway, in western North Carolina. Mountains and trees as far as the eye can see, with waterfalls, streams, even bald eagles, if you know where to go.
 

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
there is this little nudie bar in toronto...nothing special really just your average nudie bar but the bartender is a sweet irish lass(green eyes/red hair) :girly: ...i think i would like to spend a few weeks there.
 

Xenon[XoA]

Banned
Vancouver's really pretty. And the Apex rave is held somewhat close to there :eek:
I like all the blue + silver skyscrapers, and the colorful gardens. I havent been there in like 12 years though. There's also lots of gg meatbuns.
 
Warm and sunny- I loved Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Squid Roe Cantina rocks. "The Corner Cafe" has the best salsa and guac you've ever had!!!

City's-love Chicago and Toronto.

Dream places-Ireland, Scotland, Germany. I might want to go to the Netherlands to see where my Grandparents grew up. From what I understand the Dutch are quite fun there compared to the ones I grew up with around here.

(maybe Australia so I could hunt Dondrei down for that pic:wink3: )
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
My lounge room. Oh wait, maybe the computer room...

When I get a house maybe I can set aside one room to keep the computer, TV and consoles in and solve this problem.

Vivi said:
I've fallen in love with the beautiful Irish hills, but the country is a bit behind in some ways, sadly.
Got in trouble for pot, eh? :grin:
 
Sanibel Florida or Wurzburg Germany.

Both lovely in their own rights. I like Florida a bit better, but only because I can find fun sea creatures. I look German enough to not get hated on unless I talk.
 

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
tsangd said:
I'm just thinking way ahead and wondering where I should go for my next spring break trip.
Where do you live and what is your budget?

I had a good time at the Ritz Carlton in Bali. :rolleyes:
 
Top