Favorite item you ever used/found

Vizian

Diabloii.Net Member
Favorite item you ever used/found

I know most people will look at this topic title and be like wtf is he smoking... but I want to know what everyone's personal favorite item is.

Mine is the Infernostride Boots, so much fun getting hit as any class and running around leaving a wake of firey death in your midst. =)

robzombiesslave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Favorite item you ever used/found

A tele ammy used on my old trangs summoner.

Was good in dueling for tricking people.

I will second the infernostride though :) Its fun writing your name in fire lol

GramInMyPocket

Diabloii.Net Member

i like enigmas and eth breath of the dying zerkers...diablo would be a different game without the enigma runeword. and ebotdz is just a great weapon and the poison nova is cool,

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm, I think stoutnail spiked club, it was one of my first uniques. It was so fun watching carvers die to the 9 thorns damage every time they hit you. Axe of fechmar was also one of my first and favorite uniques. I could kill lonely cows at really low levels, but it took some time. Freezing enemies was so fun. I got sad when I noticed it got outdated and there were weapons with 3 times the damage available.

zarirazz

Diabloii.Net Member

civerb's cudgel. an early level melee builds' favorite =)

prion

Diabloii.Net Member

I like Zakarum's hand, decent weapon for its level, pretty ctc effects and makes a nice IG :)

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, I've gotten infernostride now and I love them. They're so fun, and I probably wouldn't have beaten the ancients without them. They just stood in the middle of the fire and stood stil while swinging at me.

zhadoom

Diabloii.Net Member

Buriza... it rocked in earlier patches.

Self found shako on baal nightmare... can u imagine how it feels, when u have no idea about the available uniques in game, and one of your first baal kills on nightmare drops a unique shako... u think "oh crap, whats that, a leather hat with different name eh?"... u identify it, and go like "wtf +2 skill"... "wtf so much life and mane"... "my god 50%mf and damage reduce and stats"...

My first wizzardspike had caused a similar effect, although that happened later, when i was more used to better items.

viljarast

Diabloii.Net Member

I think my most rememberable drops during my D2 career have to be that self-found SOJ back in 1.08 and my perfect Mara's that was the first unique that dropped to me in Hell A5 this ladder with my pala. I never even have had a non-perf Mara's and then that thing dropped, u can imagine my reaction!

braincrasher

Diabloii.Net Member

My self-found Soj in my first ever Ubers. Some random monster dropped it to me at Matron´s den.

kavlor

Diabloii.Net Member

I think Blood Crescent is so cool on the early stages of a kicksin especially the 15% LL and the 33% OW.

Melchior3

Diabloii.Net Member

First SoJ was pretty special back in 1.06/1.07. Rixot's Keen is a low level favourite also. There's more...bah, I have too many favourites I guess.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

My Spirit that I rolled in a 146 def Monarch that spawned 35 FCR, 112 Mana and 6 Magic absorb. :thumbsup:

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

Buriza... it rocked in earlier patches.

Self found shako on baal nightmare... can u imagine how it feels, when u have no idea about the available uniques in game, and one of your first baal kills on nightmare drops a unique shako... u think "oh crap, whats that, a leather hat with different name eh?"... u identify it, and go like "wtf +2 skill"... "wtf so much life and mane"... "my god 50%mf and damage reduce and stats"...

My first wizzardspike had caused a similar effect, although that happened later, when i was more used to better items.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

It's the same as when an amazon plays the game for the first time and finds a Buriza after 4 months of play. Or Heaven's Light for a zealot :)
When I started I always wanted to have a Bloodraven's charge. Once I started doing ladder however, I didn't ever think of using that item anymore. Even though it's easily obtainable...

nerdly

Diabloii.Net Member

For D2, gotta be Occulus. Imagine, a balanced item. All those nice stats, but you can't control when you're gonna port into a host of baddys. Wish they'd add negative mods to other game breaking items....
For D1, constricting ring. Balance, etc...

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

"baddys" T_T As if they're a bunch of malevolent 4th graders. ttttt.

Leoric works the same way, anyways.

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

I love the arctic set socketed with poison jewels (20 psn dmg in 2 seconds), combined with a cap with 2 additional jewels. This low-level set gets you all the way through Act 1-2-3 of Normal.

It took me a long time to gather the jewels (didnt bother to trade), but now I use the set on pretty much all of my characters.