Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Favorite Horror Movies/Moments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by VampiroXIII, Mar 7, 2004.

1. VampiroXIII

VampiroXIII IncGamers Member

Favorite Horror Movies/Moments

Well? Some of my favorite moments are as follows (in no particular order):

1. Predator 2 - The subway scene where Predator asks Jerry if he "wants some candy." Earlier in the movie (in case you didn't see it), the Predator was stalking Danny Glover in the graveyard when a little kid saw him in his invisible form, though he was a ghost and offered him some candy. The Predator recorded it and played it back on the subway right before he killed Jerry. Though not technically a horror film, it still creeped me out none the less.

2. Creepshow - "The Crate". Let's just say that if I saw that as a little kid, I would still be afraid to open boxes. If you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about. The tesion created when he was walking around the lab could've been cut with a knife.

3. Night of the Living Dead - Toward the end when the zombies are advancing on the building and they ran out of ammo. Helplessness is one of my worst fears, and being eaten by the undead is another. Needless to say, the 2 combined...

4. Alien Resurrection - After the Aliens escape, and everyone is trying to get to the escape pods. The part that creeped me out was when the one was right about to take off, and an alien jumped in just before hatch closed and they took off. Just when you thought you were in the clear.

5. Arachnophobia - Early in the movie when the guy was in the sleeping bag and feels something in there with him. He looks down and sees that big-*** spider sink it's fangs into his leg. Spiders don't scare me, except when they are the size of dinner plates with fangs to match.

6. The Bair Witch Project - I know, not the greatest movie ever made, but you have to agree, there were some moments that scared the bejesus out of you, like when they heard the one dude screaming in the distance that one night after he disappeared, or when the tent started shaking.

7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) - When the girl walks into the house and Leatherface grabs her and hangs her on that meathook all of a sudden. The worst part was watching her writhe and grab at the hook, trying to get off it.

8. Jason Goes to Hell, the Final Friday - In the end when Jason is getting dragged into Hell, and Freddy's clawed hand pops out and pulls him under.

I know there are a lot more, and I'm leaving out classics like the shower scene from Psycho, Linda Blair's antics in The Exorcist, Jack Nicholson's brilliance in The Shining, and most of Poltergeist, but there are just too many to list, and I have to leave some for everyone else.

2. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I am addicted to the whole Resident Evil film. Can't wait for the second one. And I don't care if you don't think it's a "real" horror film.

3. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

No but it's a crappy film.

4. gaoneng

gaoneng IncGamers Member

The Birds

It's scary simply because the birds are normal, usual, typical birds, not some oversized mutated grotesque impossible in real life. It makes seeing a few birds on telephone lines outside the window and those many pigeons in public squares scary. There isn't a "moment" sotospeak, but the atmosphere of the whole show is, well, classic.

Dark Waters

A Japanese film. It's not the typical exaggerated Hollywood kind of film. It's very real, e.g. this scene where the lead young girl found a Hello Kitty bag on the roof top. That's it. No pop ups unders wherever. But the bag motif is recurring throughout the show in garbage bin, lost and found corner... And the ceiling of the apartment where the characters live leaks, with the water stain gets bigger and bigger every day. The kind of things that can really happen in real life. The movie sets up a lot of scenes where you expect some horror to happen but in the end never, that makes the whole show very griping and intense. I like it a lot.

The Ring

Don't know about the Hollywood remake. The original Japanese version was good. I didn't find it very scary, but I sure avoided watching tv alone for quite a while.

Whispering Corridors

Korean film. Creepy for the same reasons as Dark Waters. It's also very weird.

5. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

[Drayton Sawyer]

"Careful of the splatter, gotta watch out for the splatter"

"Get that eyeball paté workin'!"

"The Saw Is Family!"

[/Drayton Sawyer]

6. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

Aliens 2!! When riddley comes out in the shipping suit and just give the alien a look... then yells "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU *****!!!" you can feel the energy just hit the back of the room... Then she **** kicks the thing :clap:

7. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Uh Oh. I think the whole Evil Dead series is excellent. You can't just be leavin them out.

And my best horror moment was watching Army of Darkness with a bunch of dancers. Only one of them thought it was actually good, and the rest were scared. You can't be scared, its straight up good comedy action fun for everyone.

8. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

Ju-On scared me 8[... crazy little ghost kids messin with her when she's sleeping *cries*

Or the part of The Ring where the sisters (at least i think they're sisters) are talking and the older one says "I found her in the closet" (something along those lines) and it cuts to the dead chick in the closet... ugh, that one freaked me out. The actual video on that movie was pretty eerie too.. just a creepy feel to it.

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

The Ring (US version): When Samara crawls out of the TV at the end. All time scariest moment in any movie ever.

10. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

"My dad says i shouldn't talk to strangers"

"But don't you want this"

"MY BOAT!!"

11. redpatcher28

redpatcher28 IncGamers Member

texas C massacre (newest ver) when leatherface hits the guy with an axe out of nowhere and pulls him into the room. man my back hurt just watching that

12. Crimh

Crimh IncGamers Member

The ring!

Not any scene really, but the concept of what "The ring" means.

*hides under his pillow*

13. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

Battle Royale, the entire movie. Wonderful.

14. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Good movie..the sequal blew IMO though.

Dawn of the Dead
    28 Days Later
    Tremors (horror/comedy)
    The Shining
    The Changeling
    Ringu
    House on Haunted Hill

15. xXxDraGoNxXx1123

xXxDraGoNxXx1123 IncGamers Member

Dawn of the Dead(original)
    Night of the Living Dead.
    The Exorcist
    Poltergiest
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre

All are just classics that managed to scare the living crap out of me when I was a youngin'.

The Ring: Both 1/2 second scenes of the dead people- the little girl and ex.

The sad part is horror movies within the last 10 years are just rediculously lame. None of them are actually scary. The only movie so far to come close was The Ring.

16. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Day of the Dead:

The scene where the zombies gets their paws on the evil soldier and literally tear him in half at the waist. As the bad guy watches his intestines spill out on the floor as the zombies drag his legs away, he croaks out, "Choke on 'em ... choke on 'em".

Great family fun! It wasn't scary but it was funny as hell.

Oh here's another disgusting one:

Maniac:

Terrible, boring exploitation flick, but there is that one wonderful moment when the camera stares deadpan as the serial killer carefully scalps a victim. Warm fuzzy memories ... :lol:

17. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Psycho - Basically any scene that has Norman Bates in it. Man... that guy creeps me out. Even the scene in the beginning of the movie when he´s talking to the girl in the office, I think, and there´s a stuffed bird on the wall... I don´t remember exactly what is said but you can just tell how messed up that guy is in the head.

The Shining - Hard to choose any single scene here as the scaryness depends pretty much on the building up of mood. Two scenes really stand out though... the scene where the wife reads what Jack has been writing and he catches her reading it, and the scene where Jack talks to the Butler/ex-caretaker in the mensroom.

Blue Velvet - Not really a horror movie, but the scene where Frank talks along to that Candy Coloured Clown song before he beats the crap out of Jeffrey. Frank is another one of those characters who just scare me, badly.

18. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

For the people who love the Dead series, Best Buy has Night (remake tho), Dawn and Day on sale as a boxed set for 30 bucks on Tuesday!!

19. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

The scene in Scary Movie, when Bobby discovers that Ray is infact not ***, very tense indeed.

20. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i was there.

army of darkness where ash is burying his evil him or whatever and he says, "whats that on your face?" then the face looks around and ash throws dirt on him. good stuff.