Favorite concert

Favorite concert

Later Meg and I are going to a Weezer/Cake concert. Considering this are my first and third favorite band I think it will be a pretty kick ass show.

So what is your favorite concert? I'm guessing Ev_'s is going to be the first time he saw The Music.

myleftfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
Later Meg and I are going to a Weezer/Cake concert. Considering this are my first and third favorite band I think it will be a pretty kick ass show.

So what is your favorite concert? I'm guessing Ev_'s is going to be the first time he saw The Music.
Concerts are good but festivals are 10 times better. Fav shows(from concert/festival) is Air, U2, Oasis, Radiohead, Pixies, The Strokes, The Frames (small venue), John Butler Trio and many many many more that I can't remember!

(I like music, so a show would have to be pretty bad for me not to enjoy it ... and I wouldn't see someone I don't like ... Oh yeah, Robbie Williams and No doubt sucked)

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
The Sanctuario tour stop that I worked at as an roadie was pretty fun. Imagine people like Don Henley hiring the U.S. Army ROTC for their crew. The few that deigned to meet us were nice folks though.

I really don't like Christy Moore, but I went to one of his pub appearances. Very cool. He seemed to be smashed.

skihard

Banned
I’m hoping Sammy Hagar’s “The Tequila Made Me Do It†concert turns out to be my best concert. We purchased the tickets for $20 (all tickets were either $20 seats or $10 Lawn) 8 rows back from stage which is amazing seating at Pine Knob. But there was one thing I notice when I got the tickets the show time is listed as TBD. Confused I went to the venue website and found out that there will be a parking lot party starting at 3:00 in the afternoon complete with Cabo Wabo girls in bikinis, tequila sampling, a bunch of fiesta activities and then sometime be it one, two or who knows how many hours later the bands start playing. I’m really looking forward to August 6th now.

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the last Dream Theater concert (the 3rd time) was the best I went to. I saw Opeth once and that was also a great show. Other good concerts include U2 back in the early 90s, and Neil Young around the same time.

Freemason

Banned
I've been to the Neon Rodeo a couple of times. Brooks & Dunn, Toby Kieth, Kieth Urban and Reba. One hell of a show.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Off to see Opeth in september, and Dream Theater in late October :yep:!

Best gig been to so far, hmmmm, dono exactly. None have really shood out as being amazing, but hoping Dream Theater will change that.

Arb

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
My first club show was at a small all ages place in Jersey where The Early November, Taking Back Sunday and The Starting Line played a hell of a show. I guess that would still be my favorite, although I've seen Alkaline Trio twice and Fall Out Boy twice, both of which put on some damn great shows. Their openers kinda sucked though, so I guess that's why I wouldn't call them my favorite shows.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
The only concerts I've ever been to, I was playing in -.-

But I'm taking my partner to see Michael Buble in August; that'll be the first actual concert that I'll have attended in my life.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
saw U2 with Rage Against the Machine openning, also saw the Who's first performance after Entwistle died so it's a toss up between those two

Isolde212

Banned
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Black Sabbath reunion tour in '99. I also saw the Tea Party, Green Day and a whole bunch of others and Edgefest in 2000. It was pretty good too.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Isolde212 said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Black Sabbath reunion tour in '99. I also saw the Tea Party, Green Day and a whole bunch of others and Edgefest in 2000. It was pretty good too.
ooo Tea Party, how were they?

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
My favorite would have to be seeing one of Elliott Smith's very last shows prior to his suicide. I've been to a fair amount of shows but I've never witnessed an entire audience in such intimate silence. It was truly amazing.

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
The second bonnaroo festival was pretty good: james brown, neil young, allman brothers, mixmaster mike, josh wink, the meters, jack johnson, the dead, to name a few. Not as many "jam bands" as the the other bonnaroo festivals have had, and not as muddy that year.

The Rolling rock town fair back in 2002, I believe, rocked. Stone temple pilots, deftones, live, etc.

Rockstock in 1996 was good too(at least for bands touring in 1996 it was good); ziggy marley, local h, gravity kills, stabbing westward, verve pipe, spacehog.

For single concerts, Stone temple pilots rocked in 1994 for their purple album tour; Metallica's load tour in 1992 (i think) was pretty good since they pretty much played older stuff. Tom petty for his wildflowers tour was decent.

More recently, I saw velvet revolver when their album had first come out; it was a small venue tour, so it was pretty good; I was lucky to get tickets, it sold out in five minutes.

I was supposed to see the greatful dead's last concert in chicago, but couldn't make it; man was I kicking myself for that.

I'm thinking about seeing weezer at milwaukee fest on thursday, but their lastest album is a bit disappointing; I really only like the blue album, pinkerton, and green, so I might not go..

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
saw U2 with Rage Against the Machine openning, also saw the Who's first performance after Entwistle died so it's a toss up between those two
Damn, it's a real shame that Rage would ever have to open up for U2.

They (RATM) had to cancel their tourdate with the Beastie Boys that I had tickets to, even though they were going to swing back later in their tour. Before it got to that point, they broke up.

Made me the saddest panda ever.

Ok so the concert was amazing. The first band they had sucked hardcore, they were called "Story of the Year" but mainly played really crappy covers.
Cake was amazing, they "recently broke out of their evil contract" and want you all to join their mailing list.

Weezer was almost beyond belief, they didn't play too many of their new songs. My only complaint was the lack of the big flying W. Made me a sad panda. I really enjoyed the show though. Island in the Sun was done a little slower and with a second tap on the bass drum, just like I said it always needed. El Scorcho has a really fun light show.

Overall a very kickass show, pretty laid back crowd too. I saw the pastor of my church there too.

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
My favourite gig was seeing David Bowie with Something For Kate as support. Bowie is awesome. They also played I'm Afriad Of Americans, which is a damned awesome song. It was interesting to see the variety of people in the audience, from people my parents age to people younger then me.

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
I've only ever been to Rock Werchter (RW), no other shows :( I hope I'll be able to go to Dream Theater somewhere this fall in Vorst Nationaal though, that would be totally awesome !

Favorite band RW '03 = Radiohead & Metallica
Favorite band RW '04 = Metallica & Admiral Freebee ( a belgian rock artist, I totally wuv him !)
Favorite band RW '05 = Greenday & Faithless

HoD