Favorite all time skill

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Favorite all time skill

We've all been playing this game for a long time now. I was just wondering, after all this time what is everybody's favorite all time skill? And why is it your favorite skill?

Personally, my favorite skill ever would have to be Find Item. The reason I still play this game, involves treasure to a great extent. Any skill that gives more treasure for no more work is all right by me.

I vote for teleport. All my sorcs are in love with it, it can half the time of a normal baal or meph run, get you out of what would ahve been a certain death, and is really as good with just 1 point as maxed (unless you have such a shortage of mana that you need the extra skill points, and how many sorcs have that problem?)

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Hydra, a moderately powerful skill and just fun to use. Followed by multi-shot, seeing 15 arrows fan out on an approaching pack is a beautiful sight.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Increased Stamina has got to be it - with that my barb can run for 15 minutes instead of just 10. how awesome is that!?

actually, more seriously, i'd probably go with amp damage. it's great to drop it on a monster & just watch you might merc go to town.

Torstar

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, well as cheesy as it sounds my fav has always been pally's magic hammers. Just can't beat that unresistable, unstoppable whirling tornado of damage....oh and Corpse Explosion is pretty sweet too :D

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
If I was going purely off looks, I'd say either Fissure, Volcano, Armageddon, Molten Boulder, or Hurricane. If I was going for my favorite skill to actually use it'd be Werebear. I just love those furry bears to death.

Twoflower

Banned
back in 09 i fell in love whit frozen orb, and i still can t let go :)

of course teleport, static field and decrepify also get my vote

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd have to go with Teleport as well. It's amazingly versatile; it can be used to speed up questing and MF runs, get you out of trouble, get you INTO trouble, 'help' a melee merc choose the right target to attack, bring your merc/summons/etc back to you after they get lost around corners, etc, move quickly without losing defence or blocking (great for dodging missiles), and much more.

Runner-up skills include Glacial Spike (looks neat, and I've always thought freezing was nice), Vengeance (one of the few skills that can damage anything in the game), Bone Spear (for looking so damn cool with the 'shockwave trails'), Hydra (for corner-shooting and lazy auto-targeting), and Warmth (uber-fast mana regeneration is a juicy thing to have). Inferno and Arctic Blast get a mention for style, but the nextdelay bug screws them so bad they don't deserve a place on the list.

edit: Another skill that would be here but for Blizzard's silly changes is Telekinesis. Imagine how useful that would be in day-to-day life in its pre-nerfed state. Of course, now all it would be good for would be robbing banks (gold) and soft drink vending machines (potions).

Phillip

Diabloii.Net Member
Corpse Explosion for sure. It's just such a cool idea, and it's VERY useful to boot.

Runner up would be Holy Freeze. I fell in love with this skill from day one.

Oh, and my least favorite skill would be teleport. It was between that skill and the cheaters that ruined Bnet for me.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Ack... way too hard to choose... I'll name one for each class.

Amazon: Valkyrie- I don't think my Amazons could live without her.
Assassin: Mind Blast- Crowd control doesn't get much better than this.
Barbarian: Natural Resist- Provides much more freedom in equipment choice.
Druid: Oak Sage- Get more out of life.
Necromancer: Corpse Explosion- Deadly, messy, and FUN!
Paladin: Holy Bolt- It has a really cool sound effect. If only it hurt demons too...
Sorceress: Teleport- Never underestimate the power of mobility.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Raise Skeleton cos its cool and nostalgic to have a skill in hell which started out with the wand with it when a necro first comes to existence hehe Next would be barb's find item cos at worst u get big piles of gold for gambling :p

Sleepless

Diabloii.Net Member
Charge, the "swiss knife" of the skill. You can use it as an attack, a way to escape quickly from an ennemy or to confuse your opponent.

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Sleepless said:
Charge, the "swiss knife" of the skill. You can use it as an attack, a way to escape quickly from an ennemy or to confuse your opponent.
Don't forget that, by immediately switching to a different melee attack, you can invoke the 'undocumented feature' whereby you imitate a statue. Hardcore players are especially fond of this '1337' ability. :)