Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Favor please.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Rekoc, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Favor please.

Next time everyone is on D2 can yall watch yalls ping for a little while. I wanna know if my ping not being constant is just me or if its the servers.

My ping goes something like:
    rinse and repeat.

Edit: And sometimes it will hit up near 700.

If have installed on 3 different computers and tried 2 different networks and it keeps doing the same thing so I dont know what the problem is.

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I've been having the same problem.

My ping and framerates have been fluxuating to a point where I can barely play anymore. I'm not sure how to fix it, is the unfortunate part.

My ping and frame rates seem to be indirectly proportional, which seems suspicious that it's my problem, not b.net.

3. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I had the same problem with another game, and it turned out that I had a packet loss problem. I guess, and I'm not a genius when it comes to explaining this, but think of uploading as a funnel and downloading as a liquid. The liquid would pour into the funnel, but would eventually get backed up and some would spill over the sides while the rest went down the tube. So my ping would be..

Etc. It turns out it was my provider (I forget the term)ed a certain range of ports. I had to use different ports for the game far out of normal port range.

Lucky