Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fath Great Bow vs Faith Mat Bow?????

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by 8ig80y, Mar 28, 2005.

1. 8ig80y

8ig80y IncGamers Member

Fath Great Bow vs Faith Mat Bow?????

Does the Higher Max dmg from the Great Bow compensate for its lower average damage and lack of +skills compared to the mat bow? They both have the same speed.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i have used both on a strafer...i think the mat bow just edges out the grat bow for performance...very close though...i have not yet used them both on a multi

3. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

On a Multi-Zon the lower damage on the Matriarchal Bow would be a significant problem. This is more noteably caused by the general consensus that LIFE > DEXT.

I contend that those who follow this path are false prophets. Acheiving 700+ hit points is quite simple even with a minimal investment in life. I compared my zon to another's in the same game. He had well over 200 points in Dexterity and had nearly 865 hit points. I questioned the investment as it did not seem worthwhile to me. I invested 46 hard points in Vitality (base is 20) and with my annihilus acheived 85 Vitality...and I have 700+ hit points.

If you do that, you can acheive HIGH dext which IMHO is the best source of damage for any Bowzon...in which case using a Matriarchal Bow may be better. However, I feel that the Damage output of my Faith GMB (+3 Bow/+2 All/lvl 14 Fanaticism) in an 8fpa Multi surpasses that of a Faith MatBow.

If you have not looked at my guide or XZON's you probably should. Mine focuses more on the bow tree...his is heavier on the Java side of things.

4. 8ig80y

8ig80y IncGamers Member

Didn't quite get that, i'm just asking which of these two fast bows are better.

Faith Matriarchal Bow or Faith Great Bow?

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

matri

10 char

6. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

what? think 8ig80y may be looking at making or acquiring either a mat or great bow and simply wants to know what his best choice for damage is...i gave my observations based on using both bows on a strafer...hopefully someone can help him out with their thoughts on multi if that is the tree he will be using.

7. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Dave undoubtedly using a MATRI would be fine for a Strafer, but the lower damage is not something I find to be desireable in a Multi build. THe only reason I mentioned Dext is because most people tend to build their ZONS in a manner that reeks of Chicken Excrement.

I prefer to go balls to the wall, and dump every last point into Dext. If you build any other way the lower damage on a Matriarchal Bow is going to kill you despite its faster attack.

I use a GMB, it is slower than a Matriarchal Bow...it does more damage, and honestly giving up the damage for the possibility of acheiving a 7fpa attack is plain ludicrous...especially since you are talking about a PvM build.

I believe my guide, which is stickied does provide the help he would need if he decided to go the route of the Multi-Zon. If he wishes to test it out on a Strafe build, then perhaps he should contact ChipMC.

8. 8ig80y

8ig80y IncGamers Member

I have both a faith grand matron and a faith matriarchal bow before i posted already.

I was just asking because i saw a faith great bow that had a higher max damage
    than my faith mat and was going for not that much in a trading game.