Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest way to level up?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by CaimDark, Sep 11, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

Fastest way to level up?

I'm playing a WW barbarian, currente at level level 84 in act 4, hell. I played the entire game on players 8, but some monsters in nightmare and pretty much every monster in hell takes a LONG time to kill, so I wonder if going players 8 all the way is the best way. I've just started a bowazon and a Hammerdin, and I wonder if I should keep the players 8, or if it's better to rush through the game on players 1 and later use players 8 later on.

2. forbidenorc

forbidenorc IncGamers Member

Well if it takes u a long time to kill u should be workin on getin better items. U could also do specific places witch u can do in a reasonable amount of time. I sugest building ur char up to being able to run baal over and over. Here is a lvl up guide to help u figure out the most eficient place to gain xp. As for the players well it realy depends on the charecter u are using and if he can handle it. I had a tesladin who made it to act 5 hell on players 8 but my meteorb sorc coulndt handle it. As for the xp aspect there is not realy a diference if u do p8 u will gain faster and it being harder if u go p1 it will be slower but easier.

3. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Going /p8 in Hell with a melee build is difficult. I'd suggest two things that will make your life easier:

1. Do a LOT of Hell Meph runs on /p1. Like a thousand. Yeah, I'm serious.
    2. Tone it down to /p1 or /p3 for the remainder of Hell. Act5 will be hard enough.
    -GG

4. darkwanderer666

darkwanderer666 IncGamers Member

im playin a frenzy barb at /p8 thw whole game, he is currently workin on rescueing the barbarians in act 5. it isnt too bad for him but he is also twinked. if ur having trouble, u should definatly either turn down the players settings or hunt for better gear

5. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

It depends on what your goal for the character is. Do you want to just Pat/ Mat them? Or do you have ambitions to get to 99 etc.

If the answer is the former, tone down the /p settings in hell, and get through it ;)

If it is the latter, pindle till lvl 93 -94 will give good exp, but expect to do thousands and thousands of runs. From around 94 onward, the only really viable way to gain levels is /p8 Baal runs (again expect to do thousands and thousands).

6. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

Well... /p8 Baal minions, /p3 Baal since he doesn't give any more experience for any settings higher than that.

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

If you don't find lower levels to be as 'fun' I recommend you lower the /players setting to 1-2 hit kills, and then run Eldritch for exp. He's pretty safe to run on /p8 and you can hit level 42/70/89 relatively easily in each difficulty.

But if you like the lower difficulties too, stay on /p8 (where it's safe).

8. CaimDark

Thanks for the tips guys. I just got my barbarian to patriarch at level 86, and I don't intend to reach level 99 (frankly, I really don't understand what's the point), I will just use him for duels and MF for now on. He has the best gear he could have (BoTD, Enigma, Arreat's, Verdungo, etc). I asked not because I was having problems surving, but because I felt the amount of time I wasted to kill a single monster wasn't worth it. I toned down to players 1 untill act five, when I finally got my socketed colossus blade to make the BoTD. This gave me a HUGE boost to my damage, and I set the players to 4, and cruised through the act just fine.

Now I'm playing a Hammerdin and a Bowazon (both still very early), I wonder whether i should just stick to players 8 all the way, or if I should just rush to hell at players 1, and then start doing XP runs at players 8. Which way would be fastest?

9. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

Very nice gear, must have taken ages to get the runes:scratch:

10. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Players 8 all the way is the fastest.

11. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

try to equip him with a grief runeword. that baby is godly at highter players settings.

12. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

When I play (untwinked, kill everything once) I go with /p8 for Normal and NM (NM Ancients, Duriel, Diablo and Baal on /p1-P5). If the build is reasonably strong, I take Hell at /p3. That leads to level 87 in the end.

If it´s a weak build, I use /p1 for almost all of Hell. This leads to level 85 in the end.

Zod, Vex, Jah AND Ber. Jeez...
    I have never seen any of those. :shocked:

13. Black Rat

Black Rat IncGamers Member

i agree with poops..... thats the way i run the majority of my chars........ i run to the end of a2 on p8 which usually gets me to about lvl 22ish then run the rest on p1 and by the time i get to act 5 i am lvl 25 which is enough to get experience..... then run eldritch till around 35-40 on p8 and move on to nm....... so on, so fourth.... it works pretty well

14. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

CaimDark, if you plan to trade or MP here, please contact me first for approval, or you could be banned.
    Otherwise what you use on your computer is only your decision. (BOTD in Executioners Sword :rolleyes: )

15. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Doesn't anyone else run Pindle to level in Normal and NM?

16. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

@Llathias
    normal: eldritch runs till 37-38 skip pindle and i just skip baal too. one kill baal and then NM
    NM: some Pindle runs for 70, but as i'm doing NM at P8 i only need a few runs. then to baal.
    if i have a melee char lvl to 74-75 in NM baal runs
    then kill baal to hell pits.
    Hell: i just stop my chars in pits waiting for leveling or a final push to hellforge where i just stop them again, till mat/pat

17. CaimDark

Not really. Me and my friends put everything we find on mules and share with each other. It's a lot faster finding rare stuff when you're not the only one looking! Besides, instead of just waiting for those super rare runes to drop, use the "runes upgrade" recipe.

I don't plan to trade here, why did you get that impression? And what's MP?
    That's probably a stupid question, but I'm not exactly a hardcore diablo player, nor is english my first language.

18. Lompo

Lompo IncGamers Member

I usually run Shenk which is easy to find, how do you run Eldritch in that huge map (how you get to him quickly)?, and is he better than Shenk (exp and reward wise)?

19. Llathias

Llathias Banned

MP: Multi-Player. We play MP games through TCP/IP games here (see the sticky).

I suggest you take a look at exponential growth. Numbers get out of control really fast. For reference: 1 Zod = 2 Chams = 4 Jahs = 8 Bers = 16 Surs = 32 Los = 64 Ohms = 128 Vexes = 256 Guls (highest Hellforge drop) = 512 Ists (highest Countess special rune drop) = 1024 Mals....... By the way, all of those runes are very rare and make the finder really happy, especially if they're from a non-Countess, non-HF source.

Edit for Lompo: Eldrich is on the Frigid Highlands side of the WP. It's actually easier to reach than Shenk (doesn't have a corporate of minions too!) I still like Pindle more though...

20. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Lompo, to find Eldritch just go up about 2-3 screens from the Frigid Highlands waypoint. IMO Shenk isn't worth the time for experience - he just doesn't give enough. I'm not sure about his item drop though.

@Llathias, yeah, I often hit Pindle in NM if I'm really trying to push for a higher level entering the WSK/hell... he's a good exp. target too, but potentially more dangerous than Eldritch, so you have to actually pay attention when running him.

@all, is that matches I smell? *reaches for fire-extinguisher*. Seriously though, so far this thread seems very flame-free, and it'd be nice if we could keep it that way. The absence of sly/snide comments is nice too. Thanks for putting up with my 2 cents.