Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest way to level in Chaos?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Hey guys,

currently I am in progress of running hell chaos with my Hammerdin at lvl 90. So now im curious whats the fastest way to level in there?

ATM I am running it at /p8 and killing all champions, bosses and big packs of monsters I find and then ofc I end up the run with the big D himself.

Is there more efficient way to gain experience there or should I continue like this? Also I assume the answer will differ at higher levels so at which level should I change the tactics etc?

Thanks.

2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I don't have the numbers (there is a 99 theorycrafting thread that should have them...) but basically you want to clear bosspacks at high p settings until mid 90s, then switch to /p1 boss packs (or maybe still /p8) and kill Diablo at /p7 iirc for max exp.

3. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

There is considerably faster way to level up until level 97 or 98. More precisely, there is a way to level up close or more than 40% faster than you do now.

To give you really fast advice - ignore all champions, ignore Diablo, focus mostly on left and right seal packs along with some bosses along the way. The more you deviate from that, the more slowly will you level up. For more details check spoiler.

All tests done are under spoiler, except that ignoring champion thing. Before I ignored only mage champions, but recently I ignore all of them. Why? Because you have to kill like 3 champions to gain same experience as when you kill SINGLE minion or boss. So instead of wasting time, just kill bosses and their minions for maximum gain.

Zenigma and pharphis like this.
  4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Also it is IMPORTANT that you roll map where Visior pack spawns normally with all minions, map layout is when seals are below and above instead in the corridor. Avoid that corridor layout at all costs, there Visier can spawn without half minions cause he spawns at the edge of river. Also aim for map where you get as many bosses in between left and right seals as possible. Ideally you will have bosspacks spawn at seal locations along with seal packs.

Why are seal packs so xp rich? Because they spawn with like 10 or whatever minions while average bosspack spawns with 4 or 5. They basically offer almost double xp than average pack because of that fact.

EDIT
    That reminds me. When Nagisa red that method of running under 7., his comment was "skip EVERYTHING, level the fastest!"
    I can't blame him. It is like that ^^

Though skipping Diablo is understandable since it takes too much time for him to spawn and he offers too little experience in comparison what you can gain by killing bosspacks in that time. Even skipping Baal until level 96 or even 97 (depends on your running speed really) is better for xp gain if focusing mainly on waves. Not farming essences though is the downside. My answer is based on "how to gain most XP in least amount of time". If you wanna farm Diablo for essences, then go p8 seals p7 Diablo.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016