Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest way to get rich ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dezp, Nov 17, 2006.

1. dezp

dezp Diabloii.Net Member

Fastest way to get rich ?

Well since I havent played the game for 3 years , and when I quit it 3years ago I wasnt that rich either :p I was thinking whats the best way to get rich?

I know trading is , but I just need some stuff for beginning .

1,I was thinking of doing cow runs on nightmare which should be good for charms ,but still the chance of a good 3/xx/xx are low and even if u get one , theyr not that worth, but still I have a question about this , should I still have mf like 300-400 with this build coz higher mf will cause more charm drops ?
    on nightmare because hell only makes drop bad charms , though u can get some nice white items , diadems etc which I heard can be imbued nicely .

2, Pindle runs .. mephisto runs ... I did those 3 years ago , but back than uniq stuff was worth more so I dunno ...

3,Gold runs , earn loads of gold and than gamble circlets ( diadems ) at anya with a high lvl char .
    I heard of it but I dont know how good it is or what , but it seems Ill do a char for this maybe just to try it :) , could somebody tell me the build for this and where I should kill monsters for gold etc etc all info needed ?

4, something else ?:D u write what u think , but pls describe it a lot as I dont remember much after 3years of not playing , mainly because I didnt play it that much 3years ago :) .

Thanks in advance
    dezp

2. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

blizzard sorc with 500mf

then make meph,andy, ancient tunnels etc

best way to get rich is to know prices and trade a lot, good trades can make you a lot of easy profit

3. k/t

k/t Banned

EBay is the fastest by far.

4. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 Diabloii.Net Member

you are correct sir, it is the fastest way.i just don't see why people want to spend real money on pixels.:rolleyes:

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss Diabloii.Net Member

Why? So they can be 1337 LEET!!!!!:king:

6. unslayer

unslayer Diabloii.Net Member

cut down anyone in your path. you'll like it. simple, easy to remember.

;ppp

7. MysticDragon

MysticDragon Diabloii.Net Member

I think doing Key runs is pretty fast. 1 Keyset goes for at least 1 Hr on USWEST Ladder. Read up on a guide and try it out.

8. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

wow, uswest hrs have gone down that fast
    uswest hr=pul now?
    last time i checked it was 3pul to get a hr

9. kavehtabriaz

kavehtabriaz Diabloii.Net Member

keys ,crafts,rolling gcs....

and 2 hel rune is 1 hr now uswest

10. Phalmos

Phalmos Diabloii.Net Member

I might also add the following: Nightmare cowruns and Hell cowruns, look for good open socket items that people can make the high runewords from, they trade very well. Also, When I started out, I just did a bunch of Nightmare runs from act 3 and onward, killing everything, because from that point on, almost anything can drop good stuff (HoZ in particular, which I was lucky enough to get from Nightmare Shenk). And when you say more mf = more charms, you are mistaken. The area lvl and Monster lvl affects what kind of item (weapon, armor, charm) can drop. The only think your MF does is increase the chance of a higher quality of item (magical, rare, set, or unique)

11. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

Trading is the quickest way (besides from buying stuff online or getting free stuff from friends :rolleyes:). If you have nothing tradeable, there's several options for you to gather some trading fodder:
    1. collect PGems-people buy these a lot
    2. collect crafting/Spirit runes-(Nefs, Rals, Tals/Thuls/Orts/Amns, etc.)
    3. MF-a good find can mean instant wealth
    4. Hunt for socketables-a good find can mean instant wealth
    5. Key running-a surefire way

12. dezp

dezp Diabloii.Net Member

Ok so guys dont worry I know trading is the best way but I need some stuff to start with :) as some noticed .

Evrae said 5 ways , my friend told me about barbar with 2 alibabas etcetc to get lots of gold and than gambe at anya on hell for rare circlets is that any good ? sure its a lot about luck but if the diadem is good it has an huge value :) .

Than I also heard that the reason to do cows on hell is the items with sockets AND superior diadems which u can than imbue and since my friend told me that due to testing imbue gives mroe quality suffixes and preffixes that might have some value too :) .

Key running hmmm ... whats the value of a key ? 1 key , and what are the chances of drops ? 25% ? I never got one but Im playing it for 4 days :) .

Well I do collect pgems but I dont go necesarrily for them . I collect the craft / spirit runes too .

I havent done a mf sorc yet , is it really good ? Coz I cant imagine what could a good drop look like ... can something on non ladder drop death phantom ? Unless they changed it in the last 3 years I really doubt it as it was ladder only if I remember correctly and it seems thats like the only valueble uniq on non ladder maybe nice ormus etc but still :/ , so do u really think I can find something good there on non ladder ?

Hunt for socketables hm u could say Im already doing that by hell cows , Im trying to get charms and socketable items .

And ofcourse I was talking about getting the stuff in d2 , not on ebay :) , and yeah u could say its not a wasteto buy it on ebay as on ebay u can have good stuff for a few $ and actually u save money for not sitting at your computer 8hours a day but I wanna get the stuff my self to have the feeling that I found it/traded it :p.

EDIT : btw does a shadow bow , 5socks , not superior only normal with 5 sock have any value ? Shadow for 7fps amas :p and kavehtabriaz mentioned keys ,crafts,rolling gcs.... rolling gcs ? Eh? whats that :) .
    And phalmos so which is better cows on nm or hell ? on hell u get nice sock items drops but on nm high lvl charms dont screw up your chance for a 3/xx/xx or something like that .

13. Mio

Mio Diabloii.Net Member

An idea.

this touches on the pixels for money bit.

As anyone will know (and especially americans) Time is money. So what I figured out was this.

Instead of spending 60-150 hours of playing in order to equip my char with stuff I want for successfull and quick MF runs, I spent 5 hours (!!!) overtime at a local architect office and got myself a top notch MF equipment for my hammerdin.

Since then, all my other chars have been equiped by myself, using my 5 hour investment.

Time saving = 55-145 hours!

14. Yrgsoth

Yrgsoth Diabloii.Net Member

Do a search on the forum for 'Building Wealth on the Ladder'

There is a brilliant thread with that title which has helped me enormously.

15. templecrasher

templecrasher Diabloii.Net Member

I almost agree with that. I did buy a few small things off of ebay before I found this site. Unfortunately, what I know now is that Ebay=dupes. Even if what you get somehow happens to not be a dupe, you can bet that most of it is. Since the duping is the primary factor in the laggy realms, you could say that Ebay=Lag. Suddenly my desire to save time has ruined the gameplay for 40000 people, not just myself. Just a thought.

16. Mio

Mio Diabloii.Net Member

Worth mentioning that i would never buy anything from e-bay but bought the items from a friend who has played for 3 years +

17. DarkElmo

DarkElmo Diabloii.Net Member

Easy way to get rich - - If you got time : Go around asking if any1 can give you FREEs - or Say you need XX gold for repairs//merec res. or w/e - - ppl are nice - so you may get lots of gold over time, then trade gold for items (some of us still do this) and last resort SCAM - its imorale and i hate it - but wut the hell - it works if you know what2 do.

18. HolyHammer

HolyHammer Diabloii.Net Member

Wow! Are you seriously advocating Scamming?

And nobody likes a beggar who spams 'gib freez itamz' all over the screen.

Here is the most tried and true method to acquire wealth. Walk out of town, kill monsters, collect drops, repeat.

19. gorash

gorash Diabloii.Net Member

scamming can backfire u know =)

had a friend tell me the funniest story how 2 friends tried to scam my friend and ended up backfiring not to mention he called their parents seeing they whined so much and ended up that the parents told their kid to get rid of the game since they paid good money for a torch over ebay for it :O

but yea, trading in pub games can make a lot of profit if ur fast enough.

20. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

This is going to take forever. Very few people are *nice* on B.Net, and begging gold from people will get you nowhere.