Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest way to find JAH rune. Need help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dhaos, Aug 7, 2015.

1. XyleneCyanol

XyleneCyanol Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks Gripphon, very clear and very precise. You also made me realise that I had the wrong calculation about Trav drop in my previous post. I agree, the chance to drop at least one of Ber/Jah/Cham should be:

Code:
    1 - (1 - Ber) * (1 - Jah) * (1 - Cham)
    It should not be the simple "Ber + Jah + Cham" as they are not independent events (this is the factor I forgot to consider, as I simply thought they are mutually exclusive ...). Theoretically, you could get a Ber and a Jah from a single member, is it right?

I will correct my previous post.

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    dhaos likes this.
  2. dhaos

dhaos Diabloii.Net Member

Wow i like the numbers :D i actually make a blizz sorcerres p8 for Mephi + durance of hate 3 Council members, barbarian WW + item find p3 maybe p5 for Travincal runs, a hammerdin for p8 CS runs and finally will make an Necro CE for do Cow runs p5 maybe p7.
    I expect play 4 hours per week blizz sorc + 4 hours per week WW barbarian and 2 hours per week hammerdin and 2 hours more with the Necro CE probably i double the hours played per week. :oops:
    I decided not play a lot hours per day because maybe came out mad and get a lot stress :mad:

3. XyleneCyanol

Ah, one other thing, where did you get the drop probability? It seems quite different from what I get from here: http://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php

4. XyleneCyanol

Good strategy for the long run. Changing is good to keep runs going. Actually, sometimes, I wish I were a robot :D.

Good luck.

dhaos likes this.
  5. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I use this one:
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs...ch=113&mode=lod&interface=default&window=true

And yes, it shouldn't be simply A+B+C, but in my method it works since if you make the proper calculation and expand the formulas, you would get to the part where you have Y*X where both Y and X are very small numbers, so we can simply ignore them. That's why it works nicely for very small probabilities.

XyleneCyanol and dhaos like this.
  6. Kimppi

Kimppi Diabloii.Net Member

That one uses the drop tables from 1.13a or 1.13b, can't remember which one but it's not accurate for runes since the values were changed a couple of times during that time.

7. XyleneCyanol

Thank you very much, and yes.

When a1, a2, a3, ..., an is close to zero, the multiplication terms could be ignored (e.g. a1 >> a1*a2),
    so that 1-(1-a1)*(1-a2)*(1-a3)*...*(1-an) = 1-(1-a1-a2-a3-...-an) = a1+a2+a3+...+an

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

8. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, this thread actually made me respec my lvl 90 sorc to pure Blizzard and run Travincal. On my second set of runs I found Ohm, and both nights added together I found a lot of other useful uniques--Ravenfrost, Wisp Projector, etc. And that's probably in just 100 runs or so, maybe less.

I'm sure by the time one finds Jah in trav, you'll probably also find a lot of useful jewels, charms, sets, uniques, etc.