Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest way to 99?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ilooovearmyofdarkness, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ilooovearmyofdarkness

ilooovearmyofdarkness IncGamers Member

Fastest way to 99?

Ok, i've decided to take on the quest to get to level 99, but I can't decide on which build I want to use. Could someone suggest any build that can kill Baal the quickest, so that it'll make leveling easier? Thanks in advance.

2. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

a hammerdin is fastest, but do u really want to waste that much of your life getting to 99 in 1.10?

3. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I'd say a Hammerdin, Meteorb, or a Wind Druid, but I am quite a nub compared to anyone.

Anyways, good luck with your quest to 99.

Why not enter in the thread for it?

4. ilooovearmyofdarkness

I don't really care how long it's going to take, but the faster the better. I work from home, and really have nothing better to do, so I decided this is how i'll spend it. I might even write up a little journal for it, too, if anyone's interested(probably not, but I will anyway). And i'll enter it in the thread when he gets close to 80(probably one or two days)

5. Gorish

Gorish IncGamers Member

strijdje used his Windy the first time (with Enigma to make the runs faster) and now he's using his Wolfbarb (but the wolfie isn't quite at 99 yet). Best of luck with your quest.

6. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I'd like to read up on your adventures to level 99, just as long as you don't make it too long. I don't really like reading long posts, gets a little.. long.

7. ilooovearmyofdarkness

Okay, going to go with a Wind Druid, hardcore, untwinked. This should be interesting. :p

8. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Yikees :D Good luck! though I think your quest will be more about actually beating the game w/o dying rather than making it to lvl 99

9. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Hammerdin is the fastest overall, but the problem is, he can't kill Baal himself in a proper speed, and at 97+ Baal himself is really what gives the exp.

10. ilooovearmyofdarkness

I've already taken several builds through to Hell without dying, it's really not that hard, especially after playing Hardcore for years. Although i'm not really experienced with a Druid, i'm sure it can't be very hard.

11. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Before you embark on this... you do know how many hours it's projected to take? There was a thread a while back, that assuming 6 minute baal runs, you would have to work 40 hours a week for about 3 months... doing nothing but baal run after baal run. I remember my comment was that a full time job like that, making my salary, means the state of California would have paid me about $15,000 to get that done.

It's just not meant to be.

Some of the earlier patches it could be done quiet easily. You might go that route if you are just set on getting a 99. But a 1.10 99... there's only a handful of them, done by very dedicated... totally insane... people.

12. ilooovearmyofdarkness

Yeah, i'm totally willing to commit that much time to it, it's been a big goal of mine since the patch came out, but I didn't have the time then to do it, between going to college full-time, and working full-time. But i've since graduated, and now work from home, so I have more than enough time now.

My playtime with my Wind Druid is at 1:20 now, and I just beat Andariel. I had an almost fatal run-in with Pitspawn Fouldog because the stupid batteries in my mouse died(guess that's what I get for going wireless). Anyway, i'm tired, so for now, i'm just going to bed and will pick up for some hardcore playing in the morning.

13. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

The first 3-4 acts are pretty brutal for an untwinked windy, I know. Nothing but regular attack and a little armor protection. I'd advise save any charm that gives elemental damage, life or AR that you would normally throw away until you can start using your spells. Gamble mauls as soon as you can (forget shields till you arent meleeing anymore) and just put your first stat pts in str and vit so you can use them and live without blocking.

14. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

If I were you, I'd just choose your favourite build to make 99, even if it's not the fastest killer. It's hard enough motivating yourself to do thousands of runs with a build you like a lot already, if you don't like the build (or if it bores you) it's going to be impossible

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I can tell you, your biggest threat will be boredom. If you havent played many druids, i would suggest another build. You want one that you enjoy playing, that you know can do P8 baal runs quickly. You might have a uber build, but if you dont feel like baaling with him over and over, theres no way your going to get close to 99.

16. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

I really doubt that you will go past 95 or so, because even at 94 with my hammerdin the experience is going very slow (and i'm doing runs in 5 minutes or less).

17. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well can't believe no one suggested Blizzysorc or Lightning maiden *scratch head*

Blizzysorc because you can use Static field to short the time it takes to kill Baal. Meteorb can do it aswell, but I fancy Blizzysorc :D

Lightning Maiden have the best bosskiller in the game Charged Strike, which can take 10K of his life in one stroke, put on a Griffons Eye, Thunderstroke and some Java skillers and you will soon be there.

Well HC untwinked Windy, well you will be busy for a long time but good luck

DX

18. ilooovearmyofdarkness

Well, I beat Normal earlier today with the Windy, and i've decided that I don't really enjoy playing him, so i'm gonna just go my usual way with an Amazon. I've played through pretty much every build possible with them, and i've always come back to it, so Amazon it is.

19. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

So, with that all sorted out ;) , I hope you'll start posting your lvl99 progress into that thread.

And good luck - you'll really need it. :)

20. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

hmm besides wishing you good luck i d suggest you do something usefull whit the time :) like study asian philosophy or code your own operating system ( after u learned coding )

takes about the same time, but much more rewarding :)

seriously though : good luck