Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest rushing char in classic

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Bert, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Fastest rushing char in classic

Hi

I'm planning to rush some chars to hell for doing hf once i converted them to LOD.

Now, what is the best way to do it and what type of sorc should I use?

I've been thinking of rushing them to hell act 1 with a pure cold sorc but i dunno it this is the best way.

Bert

2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I use a orb/static sorc to rush to act 2 somtimes act 3 hell then convert and finish the rest of the rush with my hammer pally on xpac. Sorcs start to have a tuff time around act3 and in act 3 travincle. Though you could try a meteorb sorc and see how that would go for ya.

Cheers

3. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Orb ts does wonderfull, till you get to a3 hell.

Course, I tend to swtich over then anyways, or I use my hell trav barb to do trav/meph. Then viola, a4 hellforge ready for xpac.

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Orb/static sorc until trav.. then switch to a char that does that good (hammeradin) then switch back to sorc do meph and you're done.. just join a cs game and ask politely if you can make the next game to get quest.
    I never worry about getting the title barron/ess lol.

5. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

cold sorc beware, act2 hell is cold immune central. I use a orb/CL sorc who is lvl 75. I wouldnt recommend it though, it works but its not defensive enough. I would recommend a orb/ES sorc to rush to end of nm then a speeder barb for hell. if you can make an opener char then your sorc wont have to deal with act2 cold immunes. speeder barb can ww through a mob and then run on without a problem. Its what I will do next ladder season.

Zerker

6. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Orb/es with like lvl 10 static works a treat. Hardest part is hell arcane, if there are those ghouls around the summoner -.-. Especially if the rushee is lvl 1. You dont have to kill any cold immunes at all. Just grab a pali for travincal. Blizz works just as well if you have a little experience.

7. WNxZerker

orb/es with static? so what do you use to kill cold immunes? youre going to static them then? I guess youre going to tele over them but what about claw viper temple? what do you do then?
    I have real problems with this area, do you plan to tele to center, tp out and then hope there arent any vipers in center?

Zerker

8. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Well 90% of the time the vipers dont spawn in the center, but if they do i normally just get the rushee to make a new game because it takes far longer to grab a character that can kill them then just to try again in a new game. Same with arcane, if theres a pack of conviction blood lords just make a new game :p

9. WNxZerker

thanks for that.
    I have never had problems with the rushee dying on arcane. I ussually tele to the place where both sides meet before summoner and then kill all the ghosts following me and open a tp. then tele right next to summoner so he focusses on me rather than casting past me to the rushee its also good to stand on the otherside of him. as for the ghouls I have a doble element sorc so they arent a problem. one thing that really helps is leeding out the monsters around him, esspecialy the manaburning ghosts, and killing them away from summoner before opening a tp. if you kill the summoner and rushee isnt there he/she just has to be the first to read the journal and he will get quest.

Zerker

10. Clawback

Clawback IncGamers Member

If the goal is to rush for forges, then you'll never have to deal with Classic Hell Trav - your charactor can be converted to LOD after finishing Act2.
    I use 2 charactors - a pure Orb sorc and a Hammerdin. Tele'ing with a sorc is clearly the fastest path thourgh Norm and NM, but I find Hell act2 is to much of a hastle. My Pally uses full Iratha's gear with Hawkmail - so he runs very fast - with pumped up resists, reduced poison time, and the ever lovely "Cannot be frozen". I use a Tomb mule to avoid the Lair - so the only sore spot can be getting hung up in the Arcane. Viper Temple all depends on the Monster spawns. Sometimes you can sail right through, sometimes you get punked.
    In response to someone's note that you about simply reading the podium first to get the Tomb quest - be careful. If your rushee is too far away from the summoner when he dies, he will not be able to enter a portal into Tal's Tomb - he has to walk there.