Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest non-sorc/hammer pits MF'er

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Colorless Green, May 17, 2008.

1. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

Fastest non-sorc/hammer pits MF'er

It's been a while, and I wanna run the pits. I suppose another alvl 85 area would be okay if necessary. But, I don't want to use a sorc or a hammerdin (basically because my three main runners atm are sorcs, and my hammerdin has a perfect RoF superchest map I don't want to reroll). What I'm looking for is the fastest /p1 run at the highest MF I can manage.

I have every useful set/unique besides stormlash, griffon's, and dweb, and it's safe to assume I've got every useful RW costing Lo or less (nothing higher), and a pretty absurd collection of charms and stuff, so wealth isn't really an object.

Any suggestions? My main guesses atm are either my strafer (who at 0% mf runs p7 pits absurdly fast, but I don't remember how she does loaded down with mf), or a grief fanatic zealot.

-CG

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Fastest non-sorc/hammer pits MF'er

Hmm. There might be better builds for the rich, but Strafers, IK WW Barbs, and Poisonmancers are the usual suspects.

3. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

IK barb is overrated, there's a lot of stuff I can do better with (if nothing else, oath/forti and mf gear would win I bet). Venomancer was something else I thought about, but I didn't think I'd be able to pull respectable speeds without dweb or bramble.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I'm running a venomancer (usumahanas-type) through the pits and it's soooo fast and with decent MF too (300ish)

Okay, i'm a bit spoiled because i'm running with:

3 piece Trangs - for the - poison res
    Skullders
    Dweb with +4/-5 poison facet
    Shako
    SOJ/BKWB - I love skills!
    War Travs
    Maras

On switch I have Naj's Puzzler for the tele.

Basically, Pits p8 is no problem ... but if you want to maximize your drops p1 is the way to go and go for bosspacks, although with pnova you can literally kill everything moving forward (well, pnova and then move alonside packs of monsters and watch them fall almost immediately, check for loot)

It doesn't take much to pick up a few wands etc to refuel the Naj's and it's very, very fast. Of course, i'd love to have Enigma but i'm short a Jah ... anybody got a spare Jah they can lend me? :rolleyes:

Next, this setup is still very, very fast swapping out the Dweb with a good pnova based white wand. Because you're running on p1 things will die fast anyways - so killing power becomes a point of diminishing returns at low players level. Mo worries. Try it.

The trick for fast pit runs is to not stand still but to let the pnova AOE work it's magic. Spam it once and run forward to the side, monsters will run towards you and get hit by the pnova fanning outwards ... watch monsters die and then pick up loot.

On p1 monsters won't hit that hard and you'll be picking up full purples like mad so might as well use 'em. I have two slots of purples, one for ID scrolls and one for TP scrolls and just go with that.

I also like strafers, rabies druids can go quite quickly too ... how about LF/PJ zons?

5. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

Singer barbarian.
    1). can get a good amount of MF w/o sacrificing viability
    scullder (PT), Immortal helm (2PT), MF Ghoul Slippers, Chancies, Goldwrap.
    2). 2 Gulls on switch + Find Item
    3). build is extremely safe due to high vita, stun and high mobility.
    4). build is very fast (especially in pits where nothing is immune to you, ecpecially on /p1) and is capable of killing a very large group of monsters in split second.
    5). style points =^.^=

Speaking of LF/PJ amas. From my own expirience, PJ works far slower than I expected even with 25+k damage so Light immune rogues are quite annoying.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  6. San

San IncGamers Member

About the Venomancer. It's perhaps one of the safest builds, if you make it a full Trang's necro with max block. Put 'walk' on, and you still move at the same speed when running, probably due to the fact that there is no animation for a vampire walking. GG max block, properly working defence and a Bone Armor while running.

7. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

vouch. sometimes i run pits with my TO poison summoner. very fast kills even at p8.

only snag is that the set isn't mf-friendly ie no inherent mf mods. but getting up to 200mf shouldn't be a problem =P

8. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

I'll vouch for a PoisonSummoner as well.
    You have meat (ok, bone) shields, and insane PNova damage with Lower Resist.
    Can't ask more than that for something well rounded.
    I don't area run that much, but I've seen mine in action and it was a blast.

Whichever way you choose, good luck!
    May the Pits be kind to you! :smiley:

--maxgerin

9. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

LS / DS Trapsin is very fast, especially with Burst of Speed active.

10. vorkul

vorkul IncGamers Member

Javazon, with or without bow backup.

Utter annihilation.