FASTEST Leveling ?

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
FASTEST Leveling ?

Where do you level in classic? I've been triyng to go fast but i go from 1-12ish in trist, do a2 quests and i get near 18 or so, do arcane to 18 or 19 and then tomb to 21 since cows aren't as fast from 20-21. Then i try and find a good cow game (never can) and i get to level 30ish. Then i'm told to go to nm cows. This takes me to about level 50 and then i get stuck. I probably won't be leveling my bone necro anymore (useless), but for future reference what way is the fastest for say, a fire sorc?

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
pure fire sorcs are kinda hard to lvl. Just tele around and kill all the non fi. late act1 and act2 hell are great for getting to lvl 60+

stanzaman

Diabloii.Net Member
You can probably get to level 60 in NM cows without that much trouble, so long as you can some decent games.

magnet

Diabloii.Net Member
get to lvl 25 then get a rush to hell cs, you'll level like crazy.

if you dont have someone to rush you, and you play on west sccl, ill rush you for some p gems and first pick at drops.

magnet said:
get to lvl 25 then get a rush to hell cs, you'll level like crazy.

if you dont have someone to rush you, and you play on west sccl, ill rush you for some p gems and first pick at drops.

This isn't all that viable as all the "good" cs games have level restrictions. The ones that don't are usually full of noobs who can't kill/work together, or they just wont invite the low lvl at all.

The best thing about hell cs though, is you get exp no matter what lvl. If you got some buddies or "other means" of running your own cs, you can rush your char there at lvl 1, and just lvl there.

However, I tend to just use a khalims flail, the lvl 2 req shield, deaths sash and gloves, and angelics/cathans (along with some other low lvl gear that you can use fast) find a cow game, and then go run through a1 killing stuff from stoney field on. In one of those games, I go from 1-17/18 really quick. Then I go ahead, join a2 game, run through/do all the quests, and go from there. By then I'm 20-21, so I either tomb for the lvl, or do cows.

I tend to get chars to 25 or so before they are even permed.

eggo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm..this all sounds easy for melee characters..but what about the Sorceresses and Necromancers.. especially Sorcs?

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
get a ravenclaw and enchant. Join player 8 games and just play the first 2 acts. You will get to lvl 20 in about an hour and be in act3.

eggo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ravenclaw has a lvl15 lvl req..and how do I get enchant (and won't it go away if you start a new game) ?

eggo said:
Ravenclaw has a lvl15 lvl req..and how do I get enchant (and won't it go away if you start a new game) ?

After you have lvled to 20, switch to rclaw, use an enchantress, and go pwn cow games for the next 5-10 lvls.

Then make the switch to nm.

That's what they are talking about.

Zodijackyl

Diabloii.Net Member
Pure fire and blizz sorcs are easiest to level IMO, except maybe zeal pallys, who fade off later.

Run through blood moor/cp/stony to level a bit. get the wp's and then do this again. Once you're level 6 or so, do trist runs to 12 or 13 (raid these, just join near full games and do it, and NOT COW GAMES :lol: ). Get the cats wp from someone, then run through, kill the champs/uniques/minions (aka "pinks"), then andy. Run through act 2 and you should be near 20. If not, tomb runs work, just kill the pinks in the valley and run through a few tombs. Level 20 or 21 have a friend cow you to 25-30, then if it's an option get rushed to a4 hell and either flayer or cs, then just keep doing cs once you're level 67.

fredsta54 said:
yes i got the nagas, my new BvC is now fully outfitted, and @ lvl 50 sumin

How much did you pay and what are the stats?

I'm making a naga bvb myself, and I'm also making my bvc use a ancient axe (lower reqs than a lance, and this way I can switch to a naga if a bvb starts trying to give me a hassle)

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
use 2X nagas instead of ancient axe, more stylish, better stunning, and almost same damage.

If you think more damage > more hits per ww you are mistaken, as its almost impossible to tele///run out of a ww w/ 2 nagas as opposed to anc axe.

My gear, more or less is as follows

41-121 naga with - 20% reqs, 23 cr, and 150 ar
37-121 naga with 150 ar and mana leach

30 cr 30 lr bone helm with 30 ar and some life

hawkmail

34 lr 31 fr boots with 30 r/w and + dex

29 cr 25 lr 24 fhr belt with small + life

29 fr 28 cr gloves with + strength

29 cr 29 lr ring with +90 ar

+13 strength 16 fr 116 ar 2 dex ring

+1 barb pris ammy with life, min, and stacked lr

I payed 1 soj for each naga.

currently in his lvl 70's, only trouble comes from barbs, good bone necs ( on east quite a few aa and scroll :( ), and hammerdins who desynch.

No sorc can really beat me, unless its conviction fireballs or something deadly like that.

All other characters like fohers, zons, etc. are ezz

Fred