Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fastest council runner in full game

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Millipede, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

fastest council runner in full game

since ive been having pretty good luck finding runes from the council using my GF barbarian im trying to figure out the BEST build for killing them all in a full game. it has to be fast since while most people in baal runs/chaos/pvp games are busy doing their thing, some people are also doing the same thing im trying to do. i want to get there and done before they do!

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: fastest council runner in full game

i'd suggest either a Goldfind skelly'nec or an ilkori'sin.

the 'nec can carry a vast amount of %GF/%MF, kick/trap'sins are kinda hard to squeeze too much %MF onto.

both have the advantage of CORPSE EXPLOSION!

3. Millipede

corpse explosion and crushing blow doesnt scale with more players, and the council is immune to lightning. so both those and static field from my kicksin wouldnt work.

im not trying to make a magicfinder type char. just one with massive damage to kill all the council members as fast as possible in 8 player game

4. NeedDIIFix

NeedDIIFix IncGamers Member

I do alright zealing with my 1pt smiter. PI's can be slow though. I'm sure there are faster ways.

5. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

I can usually clean out the council pretty fast on my light sorc with infinity merc. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a trapper with infinity merc is faster due to CE.

6. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Sure there are much faster builds, but

FA-ama (tele, BO) with Infy merc is fastest I have tried. Valkyrie and decoy take some heat and as those frozen minons can't make hydras, so its easy task to keep merc alive.
    Hard to say how fast it is, maybe walking, BO:ing and teleing took about 15s and killing about 20-30 seconds if monsters are in big group.

No immune problems and against random CI/PI there is ~20-30 lvl Magical Arrow.

Council members have ~40-80k life and 33 cold resist. Not sure about those 3 bosses. With FA, you do about 10k/s for almost whole group. So its pretty fast killing. As fana aura is around, merc kills quite fast too. In theory whole group should go down under 10seconds if no immunes around.

7. Frostadin

Frostadin IncGamers Member

I know everyone hates to hear this, but Hammerdin is the probably the fastest Council killer out there. Teleport in, lay down a hammer field, and pick up the loot. Probably not more than 10-20 seconds from the time you hit the Travincal waypoint. No immunities to worry about.

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I've tried both Lightning sorc and Trapper, both with infinity and the sorc is loads faster, mainly thanks to Griffons and the -ELR which you can't get with the traps, and FB doesn't make up the difference imo.

Any reason why you want to do the runs in full games? Run a barb in 3+ player games and hork the bodies, will be much more efficient than full games with a hammerdin or whatnot.

9. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

I'm with Frosty & Milb - hdin for speed, tho with a barb you get double the chance with horking.

10. Millipede

just trying to increase the odds of hr drops. i found an ohm from the council today with just one other person in the game. so i guess i should probably just keep doing what ive been doing. its fun to experiment tho. especially with unlimited respec

i play on bnet btw so no /players command :whistling:

11. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

when i crippled my wrists and burnt out my eyesockets levelling a 200//142 fire sork to level 97 (pre re-spec and juicy-HR-droprate days), i used to go into pub duel games and run Baal, the Council and the River of Flame.

even while carrying almost 0% MF, i found a huge wodge of decent stuffs. particularly charms for some reson (a 14max GC, couple res/life scs and a nice fire/lifer from memory). Champ packs on the River of Flame (or any lvl85 area) can drop anything in the game. i find this approach to general MF'ing to be infinitly more satisfying than endless baal runs. both in terms of profit and varied gaming.

as far as area clearers go, i still come back to the skelly'nec and the kick/trapper as the best in the buisness.

the 'nec has Amp Damage to boost his corpse explosion damage.

a stormlash wielding k/t'sin is procing off static charges and dropping individual corpses at a credible rate which are then being turned into juicy AoE Death Sentry Howitzer shells.

once a good CE chain get's going, it keeps on going as more and more creeps die.

that's my secret to rapid area clearing. just choose if you want to carry bulk MF/GF or go the 0% MF route where the 5os/15ed/3ar phase blade and the 4os/15ed/+3CnB GMB are your big scores.

this is why you go into pub duel games or similar.
    more people i'n em!

12. Millipede

in my experience with necromancers- the only good necromancer... is a dead necromancer :tongue: