Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fastest Budget/Untwinked Clearer?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ljya, Sep 13, 2015.

1. ljya

ljya Diabloii.Net Member

Hi all. I recently started up again. I am interested in builds that are "fast" to clear Hell zones. I realize this is an understatement for untwinked chars but I am looking for the community opinion on which is the best as an untwinked character. I have tried the Hybrid Sorceress's but they are not my thing.

With the Fish Zon, why can't you use Jab on light immunes?

Thanks.

2. japanzaman

japanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

Trap Assassins are pretty good untwinked for most areas. Lightning sentry and death sentry will clear anything not lightning immune, and you have the fire blast to deal with the LI and your merc as well. This character can run all the bosses and super uniques pretty well with modest gear, and it only gets faster as your gear gets better. Here are some starter ideas- this is not endgame gear.

2 Claws: +3 traps (+ to Lightning Sentry is also good, but these take a while to find)
    Armor: treachery, Vipermagi, Stealth
    Belt: anything really but Arachnids is your goal
    Helm: +3 traps circlet, Lore, shako (No griffon's, this won't work with your traps)
    Gloves: Anything with IAS
    Boots: Anything
    Amulet: assassin skills amulet
    Rings: mana, resists, etc
    Charms: as many skillers as you can find or resists\life

Merc:
    Weapon: Insight (get this fast!); Infinity is the end goal here
    Helm: something with Leach is good
    Armor: high def/resists

You can shop the claws with Anya in Hell mode as long as you keep the portal to Pindle open. As long as you have your Lightning Sentry at around lvl 32 then you can kill pretty fast. Insight is a must here if you are not using Infinity, but you can use Reapers if you want to keep your merc alive more.

Pb_pal likes this.
  3. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Trappers are great, and easy in-twinked.

Fishyzon: Jab is pretty slow for LIs, Frozen Arrow hits an area and is ranged. It's a good build.

With Infinity, jab will work for LIs as there aren't that many unbreakable, but then that isn't un-twinked.