Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Faster run/walk, stamina etc.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jot12, Mar 30, 2004.

1. jot12

jot12 IncGamers Member

Faster run/walk, stamina etc.

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can answer the following:

Is there a cap on faster run/walk?

i would like to know this to get an idea of how many frw charms to put into my inventory. I know that armors has got an impact on stamina, but does it also impact frw and does shields and weapons also impact on frw and/or stamina?

Thanks.

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I belive (not sure) that there´s no cap for frw. I wonder though myself how does it work per frame and if there are some breakpoints as it is in case of attack speed. (more questions than answers - so far)

Armour affect r/w speed, not only stamina. Scale Mail class (hevy armour) makes 10% faster stamina drain and 10% speed loss. Medium armour: 5% faster stamina drain and speed loss.

Certain unique armour have special mods as for instance Blinkbat's Form - 10% frw

Shields does not affest r/w speed. Numbers listed as "speed ..." are about blocking speed - not r/w.

3. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

This should cover most : http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/movementspeed.html

-but keep in mind that frw on items is not excactly the same as if it were on charms, so if you use a heavy armor (10%speed/stamina loss) it will not be made up for by using charms that gives you 10% frw, the details about this Ill leave to someone else ;)

4. jot12

jot12 IncGamers Member

Thx both!

Just what i needed!
    I'll have to find a lvl of frw that suits my 'need for speed' without taking up to much inventory space....more room for mf charms :lol:

5. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Actually, what its not the same is FRW from skills as you can see in the formula:
    EffectiveWalkSpeed = BaseWalkSpeed * (1 + Skill_FRW / 100 + [Item_FRW * 150 / (Item_FRW + 150)] / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100)

Only Item_FRW is affected by a diminishing return. Item_FRW include items and charms.
    So a 45% FRW from an skill is more than a 45% FRW from items since FRW_skill are not affected by that diminishing return.

Hope that clarifies more.

6. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Ah, thanks Lobo, guess I was a bit off there, but still 10frw from item or charm wont make up for a heavy armor, right?

7. Loboleal

Sure. According with this formula you'd need 11 FRW from items to compensate a heavy armor effect (-10), due diminishing return.

8. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Ok, can you explain how you put the numbers in the formula and calculate it, because I cant seem to get the right results..

9. Loboleal

Ok, I'll explain it:

EffectiveWalkSpeed = BaseWalkSpeed * (1 + Skill_FRW / 100 + [Item_FRW * 150 / (Item_FRW + 150)] / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100)

According with the formula, BaseWalkspeed is multiplied by some factor. Only when that factor is equal to 1, EffectiveWalkSpeed remains unchanged, right?. So we need that factor greater or equal than 1 to compensate armor penalty.
    Assuming we don't have Skill_FRW (FRW from skills like, Increased Speed, Vigor, Feral Rage, etc) the only terms we need to evalute are:
    1 + [Item_FRW*150 / (Item_FRW+150)]/100 + Armor_Speed/100

We set an armor penalty of -10 (Heavy Armor or Shield) so, here is our equation:
    1 + [Item_FRW*150 / (Item_FRW+150)]/100 - 0.1 = 1
    [Item_FRW*150 / (Item_FRW+150)]/100 = 0.1
    We can now multiply both sides by 100 to see things better
    [Item_FRW*150 / (Item_FRW+150)] = 10
    Item_FRW*150 = Item_FRW*10 + 1500
    Item_FRW*140 = 1500
    Item_FRW = {1500 / 140} = 11

[] = rounded down
    {} = rounded up

That's it. 11% FRW in items makes 1 that factor meaning that 11% compensate a -10% Armor penalty.

10. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Appreciate the detailed explanation :thumbsup: