Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fast Seduction: It Takes Two to Tango?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SaroDarksbane, Sep 12, 2006.

1. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Fast Seduction: It Takes Two to Tango?

Sites (and books) like Fast Seduction are often seen as representing the dregs of men and male behavior, especially by feminists. However, after reading a comment by a particular book reviewer, I have to ask the question:

Are sites and books that advocate an "alpha male", "player" approach towards getting woman a bigger indictment of men, or of women?

I.e. If a book tells its reader that the key to getting women is to stop being so nice, and to start being chauvinistic, and this advice leads the reader to succeed in his goal, is this a condemnation of the attitudes of the typical man, or the typical woman? Bizzarre question, I know, but I found it interesting.

2. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

The men. Players deserve to get their arses kicked. They give the rest of the men a bad name and make it harder for the regular guys to get anywhere.

The trick is to not be a pushover but not be a pig. Be a confident man that can Take Care of Things.

In the most basic of concepts, women want the man that has the fire. Man without fire isn't getting women. Players act like they have fire but they're nothing more than a match. A man has a real fire. Fire to stave off the wolves, cook the food and keep you warm. Fire to make things with. Players with their match are there for a moment, burn out and leave a nasty stink.

3. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

If someone has to read that women prefer (or have a weak spot) for the "bad boys" they haven't been paying attention.

~edit~ PWNED! by ECI

4. D.K.night

D.K.night IncGamers Member

I have a different take on this.

In my single days I was a nice guy - too nice, as I ended being taken advantaged of by women who saw me as nothing more than a meal ticket. That's said, the problem was two-fold:

- First, my fault for going out with these types of women in the first place, and taking too much crap. Yup, that's personal responsibility speaking. Taking "too much crap" meaning the women will say something or do something small to see if they can get away with it. And when they do, they'll write you off as a pushover or a man who can't handle them. They'll still go along with the dinner, movie/opera/comedy show/whatever entertainment - hey you're paying - but the switch has been flicked, and you're now longer in the running.

- And of course, the women for writing me off - that part's fine - but then not immediately calling off the evening when *she damn knows well it's not going to know anywhere*. In short, no honor.

Too many times of this happened...and you know what ended up happening to me?

I became a heartless jerk. I stopped paying for them all the time, I stopped buying them stuff. Some changes occurred within, as well as, throughout. I bought different clothes to match the new me...more casual, more of a "bad boy" style of clothing, I've stopped getting the nice dressier european stuff. End result? I got more action. Oh boy, a lot more.

Feminists without a doubt hate this stuff. But you know what? What are they proposing as the solution to the problem? They give us completely useless messages that only serve to screw us guys over EVEN more:

- we want to see more of your sensitive side
    - you men are useless anyways
    - you men deserve what you get, suck it up

At the same time they *say* they want more male sensitivity, yet they say things like "bad boys are more fun, DUH." They love bad boys portrayed in the movies like Clark Gable from Gone in the Wind, other bad boys in old movies with the barrell chest...the list goes on and on. The bad boys always win over the sensitive guy holding the flowers. It's hypocritical, it's conflicting, the answers to all this things are very simple:

- Gauge yourself over a set period of time and be honest...how successful are you with women?
    - If you are not - identify what sets of behaviours and mistakes that you're making.
    - Look at the Fast Seduction guides and identify what sets of behaviours WORK, read the stories, the techniques, figure out what you're comfortable with doing, and assimulate those in yourself. Watch out what things won't work for you, and don't use those. Everyone's different, but there will always be, a core set of behaviours which establish you as an attactive "alpha" male over the nerds. I mean think about it - the alpha lion over his pack. The weaker ones die mateless. The analogy holds true.

In short - the feminists hate these guides. Why? Because they expose the things that work. Women want to keep these things under wraps...keep things a mystery...why make themselves easy? Well these guides and techniques expose a lot of the smoke and mirrors and shows you how truly easy a lot of it really is. Now mind you if they gal's already "easy" then you'll end up using a few or very little of the techniques. When you read a lot of the stories, you'll notice how easy the "prey" is. But what you don't see, are long, drawn-out documentaries going after *really* difficult and hard-to-catch women. But that's not what it's about. It's about fast seduction. And fast seduction is about *quickly* getting the **easy** prey into bed.

Getting the tougher prey takes a lot more work, and a lot more advanced techniques.

5. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

I know it's not, but that sounds like a sales pitch.

6. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

I find your idea of success with women, visible both in the quote and in the rest of the post, disturbing. There seems to be the assumption that "success" or "more action" is measured in the quantity of females the said "action" takes place. I personally consider myself to be very successful, not only in that my honey's a catch, but also in having a meaningful relationship, great companionship, very satisfying exchange of thought and sex in which I get both feel good and get the good feeling of being a useful lover.

Success in business world is generally not how many companies you've run over. How much fortune you've garnered is a much more apt thing to measure, and that, in my opinion, for "success" with women, is how good your current relationship is, not how much poon-tang you've been getting.

7. TonoTheHero

TonoTheHero IncGamers Member

It all just goes to show how absurd people are to have found this weird common ground to meet. "Game":laugh:
    Aww c'mon, he's just telling people how to approach the casual sex game :tongue:

8. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I was thinking the exact same thing.

9. D.K.night

Hehehe WildBerry easy man. Whoops I should have also put down that the fast seduction thing is not for people who want committed, long-lasting relationships. For the record I am also married and have put the days of single bachelorhood long behind me.

The whole fast seduction thing is for people who want it fast, want it now.

It is at it's most effective *on women who are easy anyways, or for women who are on the prowl*. Take a look at the techniques, many of which are fairly aggressive, some pretty cheesy, yet many do speak a lot of truth on how to catch women. There are some common ideas which, if only every guy was taught in school or other areas, we wouldn't have so many nerdy guys who try too hard, and not know they're trying too hard.

What you don't see in these guides are the failures that lead to the successes. It's just reads like one string of success after another. It's the same sort of thing with short clips of games - you see the player utterly annihilating other players with ease over and over - but you don't see said player dying 5 times for everyone 1 victory. Those "ugly" portions are all edited out. See what I mean?

Some of the stuff is really stupid "...toungue her down", "....we lead the path for you" I mean, not every woman is going to go for this "tongue" stuff and it doesn't account for cultural differences either. What I'm saying is a lot of it should be taken with a grain of a salt BUT do take the good ideas and use what fits YOU.

10. SaroDarksbane

Given that ECI is only one to actually read the question as asked and pose an answer, I suppose I have to declare this thread a failure.

11. Thelioness

Thelioness IncGamers Member

As someone who grew up reading Cosmo and its how to get the guy articles, it doesn't bother me a bit. It isn't like we didn't learn the little tricks of the dating game. If anything, it makes it more fun. I always enjoyed the hunt.

12. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Imo, it's an indictment of our society and its ridiculous sexual scripts, which expect men to act like Tarzan and women to act like Jane.

However, I tend to think it's a bigger indictment on the male, who initiates the behavior.

13. D.K.night

If men are gettin indicted from practicing the stuff on this Fast Seduction stuff, well - why aren't feminists condemning the same stuff in the Cosmo mags? It's the same thing.

Shame on you, Double Standard.

14. SaroDarksbane

But that's just it. If the behavior described didn't work, would the male initiate it?

That is, if a male who does not display said behavior fails, and is forced to display said behavior to succeed, is that his fault entirely, or does the woman who will accept nothing less than the behavior in question bear some responsibility?

15. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I blame it on the women. It's insanely frustrating watching them put up with assholes when there is a genuinely nice guy that they are interested in right in front of them.

If the 'player' persona didn't work, it wouldn't be used anymore. Blame = females.

16. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

It depends which feminist you ask.

For myself, well I don't know what was in this book so I can't comment. But anyone who follows a self-help book to try to pick up women doesn't need any further indictment than that.

Hey, I did too.

That's all very well and good to say, but imagine the converse scenario; a guy is going out with a super-hot girl who's a complete *****. But all this time there's a fat, ugly girl with a really nice personality right in front of him and he never gives her a chance. Can you blame him? I'd take the *****, myself.

Women are attracted to strong men, rebels, bad boys and all that in the same way men are attracted to long legs and big boobs.

17. SaroDarksbane

Imagine this rather off-the-wall scenario:

Everyone agrees that mullets are terribly unfashionable. And yet, for some reason that no one can quite explain, women are drawn to men with mullets. Now, there are some very well-dressed men out there who are perfect relationship material, but they just can't get a date to save their life.

If these men eventually give in and get a mullet, is it fair for women to comment about how unfashionable all men are, and how they just won't ever learn?

18. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

You've lost it...

19. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

That's what I was trying to get at with my sexual scripts comment. I was in a hurry and left it undeveloped, and looking back at it, it didn't come across as I had hoped.

The main point I was trying to get across was this: it's an indictment of our entire society that said sexual scripts exist, and all who participate in said scripts are indicted by propogating their existence.

However, in each individual scenario, I would hold the male slightly more responsible -- say 60-40 or so. Here's my reasoning: if the male does not inititiate anything, nothing is likely to happen. Yet, this does not leave women off the hook, because- as you mentioned- they too foster this type of behavior by positively reinforcing the advances. It's simple behavioral sociology, I think.

Yet, because the male is usually the initiator in our patriarchal culture, I hold him slightly more responsible. Make sense?

The wording here confused me a little, but I addressed it as best I could.

20. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I read somewhere once that a woman knows within the first five minutes of a first date whether or not she'll sleep with him.