Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fast levelling?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by DjLando, Mar 13, 2004.

1. DjLando

DjLando IncGamers Member

fast levelling?

hi all,

noob here! :wave:

I have picked up playing D2 HC for a few weeks now, needless to say I have dies a few time and thus lost a few charachters... but thats all in fun, because I like the idea of hardcore!

My question is how most people level up fast, so to get their charachter to higher level in a short amount of time.
    I saw that doing ancients no longer gives you 6 levels when you do it early, but whats the quickest way to level up?

Someone ingame gave me this advice:

1-11 kill anyone, do quests
    12-15 arcane runs
    16-20 tomb act 2
    20-25 cows normal
    25-20 baal runs
    30 NM (but be carefull, 40 is better to do solo)

Is this the best way to go?

What to do after level 30 (I have a level 51 druid now, not sure where to go now)?

Any reply would be welcome :worship: , thanks! (I really hope I havent missed a FAQ on this.. didnt see it..)

tia,

DjLando

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Your tip is way off I'd have to say. At least the Baal-part. You could do normal Baal up to lvl 40 without a breeze, and if you are planning on actually playing in NM (and getting decent exp) you should go for about lvl 45 from Normal Baal runs. If you play through the game, you'll be around lvl 30 when reaching Baal anyway.

Good luck!
    EDIT: I know you asked for a fast way, and perhaps getting to ~25 through cows are the fastest. However, as things have changed in 1.10, actually questing in the right area (where monsters are close to your lvl) will lvl you up very fast!

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, the cow part only works between 20 and 25 if you have beaten Baal before. Otherwise you need someone else to help you open portal. In which case having friends is the fastest way to level, as they can kill for you. 5 cow runs = 5 levels. Up to that point it is like you said, but I find it so hard to get a game with 8 ppl that will stay together in act 1. And clearing the Den alone with a fresh character while 7 ppl are elsewhere can take ages.

After that, since you have your friends around, they can rush you thru many Baal runs. Actually (its boring, i know) running Baal until lv 50, then getting a PA to NM Baal and run hin until 70-75 is the fastest way..and done quite a lot. No problem to get a lv 70+ character in a few hours. Sad but true.

4. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

what i've been doing is soloing in act 1 till im lvl 10 or so.. then run sewers in act 2 till lvl ~20 then go to norm cowruns, where there normally is a high lvl sorc or high lvl ama helping some friend and leech 4 lvls there, then ancients witch will get you to lvl 25.norm baalruns till lvl ~40.
    After that nm baalruns till ~75. after that hell baalruns. Takes about a day to get to lvl ~75

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I agree, though if you are simply power leveling your character as fast as possible, cows are faster for 20-25 simply because nobody ever DOES act3, they all do cows, so its very difficult to get a good act3 game going, and it can be slightly slow experience even in an 8 player game if you are soloing the act.

the normal "power leveling" sequence is:
    1-12: Act1 quests, get to act2.
    12-16: Sewers
    16-18: Arcane
    18-22: Tombs
    22-25: cows (act3 if you are in an act3 game)
    25: Ancients
    26-42ish: Normal Baals
    42-50: Making your way through nightmare (I dont rush nm too much myself unless its a dueler, I tend to take it slower in there)
    50-65/70: NM baals
    70-75ish: Getting through hell
    75+ Hell baal.

Its not exact, but its pretty close, some people like to go higher in sewers, 18ish, but i find that to be slow and tedious, some people go arcane 16-20, then cows, skipping tombs altogether, its a matter of prefrence.

-Matt

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

there are a few ways to level up fast. Ill give you an example of how i used to do it.

Make character get lvl 30 enchant and lvl 45 warcries and clear act 1 in a mulit player game that is in another area. such as "kill diablo" you can get to lvl 18 in no time at all.

Make private game , do andariel quest.

Join sewer game get rad quest and clear all of sewers - lvl 20

Get cows from lvl 20 - 24

Rush to ancients - lvl 25 - i usually had who ever rushed me to act 5 do baal runs till i was 45 then its on to the nm baal gravy train.

Note: I only did this when i was replacing an MF'er . Game is pointless if all your doing is lvling.

7. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

I love to level with enchant. Buy a bow, a few quivers of arrows and get a nice enchant. I usually do the den, then go straight to cold plains and run my way to stoney. I only stop to kill uniques and champion, or high exp monsters. After stoney I hit black marsh and repeat until I get to catacombs.
    By now you should be hitting around lvl 16 when you kill andy. Two sewer runs to 18, then two arcane and you've passed the slowest part.

Now you have two options. Find a friend, get ancients done, and cow from 21-25 (faster than cow 20-24 then ancients), or run some Travincals.

25-40 in norm baals.
    40-70ish in nightmare baals.
    If you quest through Hell rather than get another PA you should be able to hit lvl 80.
    I hate hell baaling so do whatever you want to whater level you want.

Summary:
    1-16 Act1
    16-18 Sewers
    18-20 Arcanes
    20-21 Ancients
    21-25 Trav or Cow runs
    25-40 Norm baal
    40-70ish NM baal
    70-xx Hell questing or hell baaling

8. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

Another tip in case you don't know - for level 1-15 (with enchant use it all the way through 25) use a khalim's will (for its reach and speed) and set your right skill to attack.

Hold your right button down and just run around monster, it'll auto target and kill.

9. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

A thought on the enchanting: I found a long bow in classic, don't remember the name, but it had some IAS and fired explosive arrows, i think. That + enchant + BO can clear quite a bit in a short amount of time, thus extreme leveling.

-Dark

10. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Here is the absolute fastest way that I have found:

Mooch experience from pub runs, esp if higher chars are in there helping their buddies rush their lower chars.

Lvls 1-15 - TRISTRAM RUNS (if you find these in pub JOIN them). You can get to lvl 9 in under 10 minutes, maybe under 5 mins.

(alternate, try to get someone to do andy, get act2 or act3 merc, then lvl through to darkwood or tamoe till lvl 10 or so. Then do sewers till 17 or so - its slower than tristram but easier to find pub games).

Lvl 16-20 - tomb runs (find these in pub JOIN them)
    (alternate, try arcane runs, or even sewer for 17-18).

Lvl 20-24 - cows (find these in pub JOIN them). Never enter red portal you aren't sure of, or at least be ready on the juvs and be ready to die. If there's no high lvl char, just exit and find a different one. (Alternate, do travinc runs which are kinda slow actually).

Lvl 24-25 - ancients - get help obviously.

lvl 26-45, or even 50 - pub baal runs - ditch the slow ones, find a fast one.

After that, I'm not sure about the exact fastest method, but basically get past NM ancients and do NM baal runs from 50 - 75. Depending on your build you might be able to get great experience solo-ing in 8 player games, or you might have to 'mooch' baal runs if your char is a support char (like a BO barb, or enchantress, or conviction paladin - you're helping, but you're not directly killing).

Like the guys above said, its about a day to get to lvl 75 or so. Getting to lvl 25 takes the longest. Then baal runs get you 1 level per run from 25-45 or so, very fast. Then NM baal runs do the same from 50-70 or so. Getting thru NM and doing NM ancients takes the longest. NM cows actually give lvl 50-ish characters great experience (I'm not sure of the exact cut-off for NM cows).

Then at 75-80 be prepared for hell. Doing pit runs, shenk/eld runs, baal runs, are all feasible. Don't die in ancients. :)

Also, be very careful in NM ancients. I lost my sorc with 1000+ life, 400 mana and mana sheild (I wasn't amped either) in one hit from Korlic. Poof, lvl 55 sorc dead.

11. myolosolo

myolosolo IncGamers Member

The best way is what kurg said. I do it this way and I can get to lvl 75 in 2 hours maybe 3 if the games are messed up. I have a sorc so I can rush myself and a friend to help. Enchant is very nice since you don't have to worry about pkers because your merc well waylaid them(twice so far my merc owned their sad pk characters). Follow kurgs layout and maybe get chant and then you are set.

*edit i am horrible at spelling.

12. DjLando

DjLando IncGamers Member

wow.. thanks for all the advice all!!

one more question though: what do you mean with enchant?

13. tooie1

tooie1 IncGamers Member

A sorc with a high level enchant (level 25-30+) can enchant your low char such that he does 1200+ dmg per hit. This can last for 5+ minutes (IIRC).

Makes leveling a breeze.

14. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

actually it last for 20+ minutes :)

15. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Well smack my arse and call me Mandy. Over 3 years of D2 playing and I did not know that you could do this! Just tried it out and it works a dream. Just think of the wear and tear I could have prevented on my left mouse button clicking finger. Oooh I am gonna regret not knowing this little trick when arthritis sets in prematurely!