• Archedgar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VS Threads

• Seriously, stop with all the VS Threads

• Total voters
farting bob's top 5 new(ish) build ideas

Something a little different this time. I've done some research and i've found 5 bulds that i would potentially like and be able to take through the game. You must decide which build you think would be most fun, strongest and most stylish.
The build with the most votes when the voting closes i will begin tonight.
My basic rules for these builds (to help with your decisions) are HC and twinked. no other restictions will be applied, unless the build says so.
Oh, and not all these builds will be totally unique, but ive never played them and as far as i can see there arent any 1.10 guides on them. All buuilds will aim to end up copmplete as clsoe to lvl 85 (97 points) as possible.

The swingball sorc
This build will use both sorc novas to kill stuff with basically. Oh and the name is because if you come too close, i'll kill you with my swingball/deadly circle of death that is nova.
basic build setup:
20 frost nova
20 nova
20 LM
20 blizz (synergy only)
10+ CM
1 in the usual 1 point wonders and prereqs.

The chilly bubonic
Uses both poison jav skills and freezing arrow to kill. The freezing arrow is used to stop eneimes coming too close, while the poison does most of the damage.
basic build setup:
20 poison jav
20 plague jav
20 freezing arrow
15+ ice arrow
15+ valk
1 in all prereqs

The angry jailkeeper
Cryptic name, but simple plan. using the necro's bone prison, this guy traps his enemies and then kill with a bow from a safe distance. Will also use an act 1 merc.
basic build setup:
20 bone prison
20 bone wall
20 bone armour
20 CE
1+ in decrep, amp dmg, dim vision and IM, plus prereqs.

Grim chucker
This build is a barb who kills with throwing weapons, but what makes him special is his use of grim ward. Standing in a area made safe by grim ward, he can now throw with reletive safety.
basic build setup:
20 grim ward
10 double throw
20 double swing
20 throwing mastery
20 BO
1 in leap attack, BC, nat res plus all prereqs.

The fanatical evangelist
A paladin who uses conversion with fanatisism to either have an army to find with him, or once converted, to leave them where they are without threat.
20 conversion
20 fanatisism
20 holy shield
7 in the 3 res auras each
1 in redemption, meditation and all prereqs.

So, thats the 5. vote on which one you like best and i'll make it. judge on killabaility, safety (its in HC!) and coolness. the best killer shouldnt automatically get your vote.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
The jail keeper sounds really fun, I will send you some bows for that build if you make it.

I have a 451 poison damage over 5 second starter bow that works really well for about any build, but pus spitter would be the really cool bow to use :thumbsup: . For some odd reason I see him as a poison torture jail keeper dealing most of his damage with poison, the rest would be corpse explosion right :)

oops I didn't see that it was hardcore, I can't give you any items for hardcore, I don't have any hardcore items.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the Grim Ward idea, but i doupt that you need all 20 ponts in it.Around 10 is more than enough IMO.
I was planing to make smth simmilar to this build hc version.
I play only barbs and there is plenty builds in my mind to keep me entertained ;)

22lvl zerk barb with maul died 10 mins ago to duriel :(

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
1 vote for the jailkeeper. CE iz teh bomb.
(I sure hope this counts a valid and intelligent argument)

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
Teh Chilly Bubonic sounds like something I have been planning so it gets my vote. Although, the Angry Jailkeeper sounds like k00l build also :thumbsup:

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
I blame durf (Why can't I vote for him?)for making you forget the character class above others: Assassin.

Snuva

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Strongest is probably the barb. Doubly so if you twink. Basically your average thrower with grim ward tossed in for good measure. Actually, if this was an IQ test and the question was "which build doesn't belong to the group?", this would be the answer because it's actually pretty strong, while the others are average to fair at best.

I'm currently playing a poison amazon, just to see what it's like. She's halfway through normal and already I pretty much have to lower the player settings to kill. This one definetly strains my patience. Hopefully she'll pick up momentum with +skills later on.

I thought i'd add a section for items that i will be able to use.

Swingball sorc: basic cold sorc setup, but with a few more +lightning skillers. nothing shocking.
chilly bubonic: I cant see anything that can beat a titans, and for the bow im thinking demon machine (upped if i have the runes left to do so) for its very fast and peirce properties. I should be using the bow much, so its not to important.
Angry jailkeeper: pus spitter was made for this build, with +necro skills, poison, attack rating, IAS and posion res all coming in use.
grim chucker: tough one here. gimmershreds do the hgihest damage, and in 3 types, and lacerator is also very suited to this build. warspike can have its uses with peirce, DS and the fastest spped of all 3. but i can only choose 2 of them, so thats not decided yet.
Fanatical evangelist: something big, fast and hurty would be nice.

Starving_Poet

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say that the easiest through Hell would be the jailer. Fully synergized prisons have ooooooooodles of life once they hit hell. Your problem will be, of course, getting to hell. Having built jailer variants in the past, normal will be the hardest part of the game. oh.. and ancients, but ancients are never simple with any necro other than a summoner. Of course, level 20 CE will just be phenomenal. I've never brought it that high... come to think of it, I've never put it above 5, but still - you've got superb crowd control and high radius damage skill. Get yourself a high level fire rogue to actually put down that first corpse and it will be gravy.

Gravy!

GRAVY I SAY!

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
The nova Sorceress sounds coolest...with Frost Nova and such:) but would be kind of dangerous without a killer merc:(

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
The nova Sorceress sounds coolest...with Frost Nova and such:) but would be kind of dangerous without a killer merc:(
i agree. i think you'd have to distribute attribute points a la fighter/sorc build or come across an item that allowed for summons. because even a stacked spear merc isn't going to last that long being the only slow target (i am assuming that you'll be tactically teleporting, no?)

at first glance it seems you'd have to be pretty wealthy to do this. I commend the idea- novas are something i've always liked but never used too much.

plus, you'd have Blizz to sprinkle on top. Or is using one of the synergy skills a deviant tactic? :scratch:

PyroStock

Diabloii.Net Member
I like...

Fanatic Evangelist (wouldn't it be great if Redemption and Convert were synergies for each other since they have related themes. Who ever heard of a 16second convert?).

Jail Keeper (I have weapon-using Necro too, they're fun).

Chilli Bubonic (I have a L54 ChilliBubo who was about to start putting points in poison/plague until I read Uzziah's "Does Freeze stop Poison?" question, which I've seen mixed results on, so I'm waiting 'till she gets to Hell).

So you should do those 3 (or all 5) in Hardcore and tell us who survives! :D

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
The angry jailkeeper got my vote -a really eclectic set of offensive and defensive modes fo oepration.

I'd already thought of the Throw Barb with Grim Ward and may try that soon.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Chilly Bubonic is the way to go. Most far-away build from anything I've ever seen when playing ;)

SuperSavage

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the Chilly bubonic because that can be a very decent build with gear. My plague jav zon in HC is level 57 and I'm thinking of going cold for immune posion, i have to pretty much.

Radagast

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm 100% behind the nova(s) sorc as i've been thinking about the build myself (and wondering on the killing power of frost nova).

Cheers to whatever you pick :drink:

Radagast

ToastedTacoGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
personally i think your nuts =P i dont really like weird hard builds at all. i actually HATE leveling through the game, i hate searching for waypoints, searching for the door to new levels everything. and weird builds make that much harder and longer, but maybe i will like them once i get finished with all of the regular builds. what i like is seeing a completed character that can go back and dominate, oh and getting pat/mat is very nice too =). if i did however have ot choose a weird build i would pick the barb. i agree with NF that it is probably the easiest and i have always wanted to try a thrower.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with NF, the double throw barb looks really strong.

One thing: I actually use Grim Ward, and you don't actually want 20 points in Grim Ward, the radius would be too big. You'd much rather have maybe 9 points after +skills, that way the monsters get on a leash where they just run back and forth...while you're tossing spears at them.

Use Howl/Taunt, drop Grim Wards, sounds like the ultimate crowd control.

Heck, you're even ranged so you can beat the FE bug!

-GG

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
GooberGrape said:
I agree with NF, the double throw barb looks really strong.

One thing: I actually use Grim Ward, and you don't actually want 20 points in Grim Ward, the radius would be too big. You'd much rather have maybe 9 points after +skills, that way the monsters get on a leash where they just run back and forth...while you're tossing spears at them.

Use Howl/Taunt, drop Grim Wards, sounds like the ultimate crowd control.

Heck, you're even ranged so you can beat the FE bug!
-GG
I concur. In fact, if you're just getting a wall of Grim Wards, just leave it at lvl one. It lasts 40s which is plenty enough.

Let's see, I've done the barb(excellent build) and the Fanatic Evangelist is similar enough to mine, except I zeal a lot more too :lol: I used pus spitter on my bow-necro but be careful of the lower resist on it. It distrupts your dim vision/decrpt/amp sometimes but with bone prison, it shouldn't matter so much.

I say go with the nova sorc. A really hard build to do properly IMO and I haven't really heard of anyone really succeeding so far in I.10.

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
My vote was for the barb. Mainly because I used to have one and he was a lot of fun. If I had a second choice I'ld say the dual nova sorc.

Just one thought on Chilly Bubonic, generally with plauge you will want to keep your enemies moving in the poison cloud so that they are constantly being reinfected and with the cold effect that may counter-act that. Oh but wait a minute that's probably the point of that setup, oh well.

Enjoy whatever choice you come out with.