Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

farting bob's top 5 most useless items

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Apr 8, 2004.

?

Pre-marital sex, good or bad?

1. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

farting bob's top 5 most useless items

so i was thinkign during this particulary lazy thursday, what items have i got that i have no use for? see, i think about irrelevent things all the time, so this thought was just grouped with all the other random thoughts. but i had ATMA open at the time, so started idly looking though my normals for some really pathetic items.
    so, after looking at all the base items, i have gathered up enough brian power (it took a burger to build it up) to write my list of 5. it dont include any sets and uniques, just the basic item.

caps
    yes, they are normally the first defence you wear, but come on, no character, ever, has depeneded on there 2 def at any time. a quill rat would rip this hat to shreads easily. and has aybody ever looked good in a cap? the stats on these things are very very unintersting, so i wont even discuss them here.

scale mail
    this armour, whcih has the same defence as a breast plate (roughly) is very useless indeed. lets compare it with the breast plate.
    scale mail: 57-60 def - 44str req - heavy armour - max sockets 2
    breast plate 50-65 def - 30 str req - light armour - max sockets 3
    case closed.

light belt
    yes, it wouldnt feature on any peoples list, but thats because nobody has ever remembered using it and can realise how useless it is. lets go through its good points now...
    ok, and now lets go through the bad points. this belt only holds 8 potions, the same as a standard sash. it has a incredible 3 def, 14 durability. this compares to the beloved sash, which is onyl behind by 1 in def and 2 in durabiltiy, but the sash is much more commonly dropped, is alot cheaper at vendors (where most early armour is found) and has the mystical cracked sash. no-ones cares if you have a cracked light belt do they? ive seenpeople kill baal with a cracked sash on, have you ever done so with a light belt?

scythe
    despite the good loks, and the joy of owning your own blood stained scythe, this item is rather useless. as with the scale mail, the scythe is outclassed by somethign whcih is available at the same time, in this case, its the poleaxe. it has the same str req, but no dex req, unlike the scythe, it does more dmg (in fact, almost twice as much on average), the poleaxe can be handled by the act 2 mercs. in fact the only thing the scythe has going for it is the faster attack speed, but you can do faster with other weapons around that time.

reinforced mace
    the elite version of the mace, this weapon is very rarely used (it doesnt have a unique version either for some reason, at least, not on diabloii.net). it is possible to think of many 1 handed weapons that beat this 1. low dmg, quite high str req (only barbs or pallys will normally be able to handle this before hell) normal speed, only 2 sockets max and it hardly sounds lke a great weapon. anyway, by lvl 53 when you can use this weapon you will start to be wearing more sets and unqiues, and will often find that even a good rare reinforced mace is not good enough.

they are my reasons why i feel these 5 are most useless items in the game. i hope youve read them all, cause now you get to decide which of these 5 sorry excuses for D2 items is the worst. i ave written the in no particular order, so its up to you.

if i can be bothered (that is a rather enormous if by the way) ill do one of these 'farting bob's top 5....' every week or so, thatis if people are interested.

if you feel that you have an item (not set or unqiue btw) that deserves a place inthe top 5, post it here with your reasons!

also, to keep this thread alive some what, post what you voted for, and what made you do so.

votes close some time in the future.

2. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I voted for cap. Yeah well I do disagree with you not looking good in it, shako's look the same so I couldn't bash it :lol: BUT you only get a meaningless 2 defense from these caps that normally I don't grab them, unless I feel the need to get 2 more def to live :cheesy:

3. hermit_boy

hermit_boy IncGamers Member

Good list. And I for one would not mind seeing your weekly top 5.

From your list, I would have to vote for scale mail. I cannot remember ever using one.

To me, the most useless items are throwing potions. The only good they do me is picking them up early in the game to sell to get some early cash. I guess some specialized builds use them but...

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

ahh yea, i forgot about throwing potions. damn. oh well. and i do pick them up, to sell in act 1 and 2 when im poor, but i cant recall ever using it in combat.

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

well, i had to go with Scythe. in addition to being pronounced nothing like how its spelled, i can't think of a single time that any of my characters have used one. i do however know that i have used all of the others at one time or another. well i agree that a cap is useless, a Cap is both rare and quite helpful to get through pretty much of all of normal.

6. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

I went with scale mail. Being a heavy armor, it is the only item that actually harms the wearer, rather then simply being sub-useful.

Cap - The cap is the closest thing in the game to a wizard's hat, and as such is a good and stylish choice when found with good rare mods. Cheap to gamble in classic too.

Lt. Belt - less glorious, but really no less useful than a sash.

scythe - the only item type in the game that lets you be the quick AND the dead at the same time.

reinforced mace - Faster than it's cousin the devil star, it still does decent average damage. The Heaven's weapon was a mistake, but spamming frost novas is fun for the fireworks factor. Two sockets is all you need to have for a godly rare.

-KS

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

You have forgotten a detail that makes the scale mail even more sub-optimal in comparison to the breast plate.

A scale mail classes as a heavy armor (for some odd reason). This translates to a significant walk/run speed decrease. Especially if you are also wielding a medium or heavy shield.

In comparison the breast plate classifies as light armor which does not carry any walk/run speed decrease.

8. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Of these five pretty useless items, scale mail is tops for me. I like to run with all of my characters, and scale mail completely trashes your stamina.

I like the idea of a weekly top five bob :clap:

9. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

I voted Light Belt, just because getting a Sash is great, and getting a Light Belt is just crappy, it lacks the charisma :p

10. dizzle

dizzle IncGamers Member

Caps: Biggin's Bonnet. It's good
    Light Belt: Arctic Binding. Actually an ok belt.
    Scythe: It looks awesome.
    Reinforced Mace: Dangoon's Teaching, which I happened to use for a long time actually on my frenzy barb. the damage/level is really good, and the frost nova is fun.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

but we're not looking at the unqiue verions of each item, jsut the standard white/blue/yellow versions.

12. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I voted for Reinforced Mace, because I would expect more from an elite weapon. That is just me.

13. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

bored today bob? heh...

i´d say those rings with 1+ max dmg or 1+light radius or whatever they have is kinda useless.....offcourse there is good rings to though...

i vote light belt!

14. DevontheGnomey

DevontheGnomey IncGamers Member

i voted light belt because OCCASIONALLY i do find rare scale mail worth wearing for a few levels but never, and i mean never, since i played the game at my friend's house during beta, throughout every single version of the game have i EVER found a useful mod on a light belt, and they are more expensive then sash's, yet not so expensive you can make a dime selling them back. Scale Mail might net you a few thousand

15. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I vote scythe, because come to think of it, it is the only thing I've never used in my entire d2 career.

16. DevontheGnomey

DevontheGnomey IncGamers Member

i once made a scythassassin with MA pheonix strike just cause they looked cool... but that was 1.08 and wouldn't immediatly result in death.

BTW i know somebody that owns an NSX its from the first year they were made (90, 91?) its such a beautiful car. shame that its slower then other 100k cars

17. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yes, it's slow, but you have to consider the design is from the early 90's when other exotic is still at the level where it'll be overheating for sitting at a stoplight for too long. I just wish they'd drop a detuned F1 V10 (3.5L >600hp, :drool: ) in there for the next generation though.

18. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

I completely agree. I run with everyone as well. I avoid Scale Mail except to sell for some pocket change.

19. Araknis

Araknis IncGamers Member

Well, I went for the cap. Whilst the scale mail is pretty useless because of all previously stated reasons, I've never had a merc complain when I gave them one to wear. The cap is not only useless it's also ugly. You've gotta love the sash, I'm pretty proud of my Godly Sash :D

I also vote for a weekly (more or less) top 5

20. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

I vote for the Reinforced Mace.
    When you come to the point in game where you see one you dont need it anymore, ever.