Fark knocker

PlagueBearer

Diabloii.Net Member
Fart knocker. One of the greatest playground insults. But how exactly to you knock a fart?
I have to assume it's a refference to sodomy:

"Knock" can mean "have sex with" (derived from "knocking boots") and farting is rumored to be quite common during sodomy, especially when muscle relaxants are used to make facilitate the act. Thus, when one sodomizes another, they can be considered to be "knocking farts"

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Flagpole sitter was always a weird insult to me. I understand it, by what a flagpole? Why not some other type of pole?

WildBerry

Diabloii.Net Member
Flagpole sitter was always a weird insult to me. I understand it, by what a flagpole? Why not some other type of pole?
Because the inferred "unnaturality" in sitting on a flagpole. Flagpole's terribly high and it's hard to get to - there's something unnatural in the behaviour of someone who engages in such. When this is used as an allegory, the idea of unnaturality is transferred to the issue it is related to.

It's pretty Foucaultian, I think.

Bortaz

Banned
The ball at the top of a flag pole is called a 'truck'. It's the only 'truck' used in the United States military (by that name, at least).