Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fara Instructions???

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lacerta, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Lacerta

Lacerta IncGamers Member

Fara Instructions???

Ok, so I decided it was time to get organized and download Fara. I found it all right, and followed the odds and ends instructions that I found in various posts around the forum, but I can't get a report to spit out. Are there instructions for this program anywhere?

I extracted the files, then I did a partial dump of the stash I wanted to look at, I made sure the 2 itemlist110 files included in the Fara download were in the data files and styles files places, and then I added my stash to the stash list and hit generate report. I got a box called "Fara Output" that listed all my magical, rare, etc stuff and said it wasn't found...I'm ok with that, but then how do I get the report on the set/uniques? The "Voila" promised in the readme was a no-show.

Any help would be most appreciated. I don't usually feel this lost when I download a program.

2. Lacerta

Lacerta IncGamers Member

kinda sorta figured it out. That report button was showing the report that came with the download every single time, but all of a sudden, I must have pushed some button .0004 seconds longer or something, because that part is working now. Another question though...how do I get the items on my characters to be included in the report?

3. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Look in your Fara folder for a html file called Report.html or something like that

edit: for characters just dump the partial info like stashes

4. Lacerta

Lacerta IncGamers Member

I've been playing with it, but the report button doesn't update most of the time. For example, I figured out how to do the character dumps and added them on, but the report is still showing just my stash...even though I've tried the generate report button like 10 times. I've tried looking at the report while the Fara output window is open, after I close it, after I close everything and reopen Fara, nothing seems to be working. I got it to work twice, but I can't figure out what I did differently....

Ok, I just tried it again, did absolutely nothing differently, and it worked. I'm so confused.

5. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Its easier if you just delete or rename ur old report file so u dont get confused.

6. Lacerta

Lacerta IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Why would I want to save old report files, when all I want to see is what I put in the box to generate the report on. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

7. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if it helps or not but fara never generates my report as that one in the fara folder. My report generally turns up somewhere in my ATMA folder! I have to go hunting for it- go figure?

8. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

The report file seems to be created in whatever folder you last opened a file. Sometimes its in the Fara folder - sometimes its in the folder that holds the stash you were processing.

Chris