Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Moosashi, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Moosashi

Moosashi IncGamers Member

Fantasy Football

Since there is it at least one person (me) around here who is into fantasy football but is not part of the official OTF league, I thought we should have a place to share questions, exploits and trash talk from within and without the OTF.

Here's a question for the fantasy experts. In my league, we have one WR, one RB and one W/R. I'm starting Larry Fitzgerald and Shaun Alexander at WR and RB respectively no question, but I have a choice for W/R. Do I start Ronnie Brown against the Steelers' stiff defense, or Randy Moss against the Chargers' weak pass defense/strong run defense. I think Brown will be the go to guy for most of the year and put up big numbers, but Moss's matchup this week seems particularly condusive to a big game from him. Whadyall think?

2. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I agree with your analysis. Ronnie Brown still might be the best choice though because Miami will run him like crazy early in the year in an attempt to establish their run game. It's a tough one though.

Who's Fitzgerald's matchup? If it's particularly bad, you might want to start Alexander, Brown and Moss. If his is still good, my vote goes for Brown, but it's a real tough one that you might be right about too.

3. EliManning

EliManning IncGamers Member

Week one Fitzgerald will be playing at home against the 49ers, so he's your best bet at starting WR in my book. Moss is still a big question mark in my mind even though I love the guy. Even with a weak passing D and the fact that the Raiders are guaranteed to lose that game by 20 points and be passing all second half, Brooks just doesn't give the guy any looks. All preseason I've been watching Brooks drop back and check off every area of the field three times each except for the side Moss is on. Even the one decent game Moss had, Brooks only gave him about three tosses. Moss is the kind of mutant receiver who can turn that into a lot sometimes, but right now I'm not expecting him to get more than a couple looks each game and I'm not expecting him to turn a three catch game into 200 yards and 2 TDs every time.

On Brown's side, he certainly is a little risky against the Steelers, but I think Culpepper may give the team enough offensive muscle that Brown will at least get a couple shots at the goal line if nothing else. I think the odds of him having a TD by the end of week one are better than Moss'.

I don't know how you do scoring but my league gives more points for running yards than for passing yards, so that's something you might need to take into consideration too. In general RBs are more frequent scorers than WRs. One of the best kept secrets in fantasy football is that a lot of defenses score more points in a season than any WR in the league. I think just playing the odds the RB will almost always be the safer bet, and I think that holds true in this case until Brooks proves that he's willing to trust the best receiver in the league.

4. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

i dont understand fantasy football...

5. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

WHO WAS RIGHT?!?

6. EliManning

EliManning IncGamers Member

I don't know, Moss hasn't played yet. I think I was right though since Miami wasn't running too hard. He only got like 15 carries and 2 yards per carry. Pep just got them to the goal line a couple times and they snuck Brown in for points.