Fantasy Football: Any leagues starting up soon?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fantasy Football: Any leagues starting up soon?

Like NFL football? Or soccer football? Training camp for the NFL hasn't even started yet. The first week of games is the first weekend in September.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, NFL Fantasy is months away. Not all of the trades are done, people haven't won their positions in training camps, injuries haven't occurred yet, etc.

The best time for fantasy football is at the tail end of August. Certainly not June.

Mistress Sersi

Diabloii.Net Member

I know all this. YES NFL! But I missed the league here last year so I am getting in early!

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure I ran the year last year. It pretty much alternates between me and Rafty. If anyone who played last year has any concerns or objections, voice them now. Otherwise I'll probably just copy the settings (accounting for however many people we get, of course).

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member

I object!

Yahoo fantasy sports is superior to ESPN's in my opinion.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh. well. I could have sworn there was some crappy ESPN league that I joined from here and that I didn't pay attention to.

Evasive

Diabloii.Net Member

I did the free one on the NFL.com for the last few years but did the football ("soccer") instead last year. I am going to go back to "American Football" from now on as it is far more interesting.

Getting your own league together is good for a little smack talk to get everyone competitive. Also, playing with people you know is always good.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh. well. I could have sworn there was some crappy ESPN league that I joined from here and that I didn't pay attention to.
Rafty made the league in ESPN two years ago, and I agree with you that I didn't really like it.

But *I* am in charge now, so it's Yahoo all the way. No worries.

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member

Rafty made the league in ESPN two years ago, and I agree with you that I didn't really like it.

But *I* am in charge now, so it's Yahoo all the way. No worries.
I liked the settings from last year, mainly cuz I did pretty well haha ;-). But should be fun if we could get it going again this season.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member

Alright, let me know when it is up, Coup. I'll also probably start one again this year. I'll advertise about it on here if I do.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll make sure it gets going, but it probably won't be until the end of July or so. Regardless, I'll make a thread about it and make sure I get in touch with everyone who played last year, then open spots to new people.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member

I started up a league on Yahoo. Anyone feel like joining? It's not an OTF only league, I just need people. I believe you can just go to Yahoo, join a custom league, enter 115332 as the ID, and type in the password, longhorn . If that doesn't work I can invite you. I used the basic scoring setup I think, except that I doubled the points TDs give you. The roster setup is: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R, W/T, K, D. I hate being forced to draft a TE, b/c with 14 max teams in this league, a couple teams at least are going to be handicapped all year long with a craptastic TE.