Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fantastic ploy!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Chronus24, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Chronus24

Chronus24 IncGamers Member

Fantastic ploy!!!

MwaHA! I was just the subject of a magnificently cunning ruse...I was attempting to trade this fellow an ist for his annihilus charm. We used the palace balconey as our switch point, if that's what its called. Furthermore, when we bagan our wicked dash to the other side, my computer froze, utterly and completly. What was this? I've heard of something called "drop-hack", but how exactly does it work? I'm certainly not bitter or anything since it was merely an ist, no qualms there. But I do wish I could find the ole chap once again and praise him for is wry schemes.

2. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

3. Chronus24

Very informative, thank you. But I still am befuddled as to how the other person remotely froze my computer. I gave him no information about myself or account or anything, and yet sure as day I was restarting my computer. Being able to to that seems unusually powerful, don't you think?

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

there are certain areas in the game that can glitch up from third party programs and distrupt your connection. The palace balcony is a classic. In general, trading for annis or gheeds on these forums are safer than random ppl on bnet.

5. Killax

Killax IncGamers Member

thanks for the link above
    good thing its just an ist also

6. Chronus24

You know, in a way, this type of scamming is almost akin to PvP. Almost better too, since with PvP all you get is tiny experience and maybe some gold...oh, and a ear...wee. Scamming for a few items is kinda even better then hardcore PvP since with that, when you die, no one gets your items AND you permenantly lose your char. Here, you lose a few items (in the scams that don't take you full account, that is) but at least your char is ok and can find more stuff again. Interesting thought, no?