Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fant. Zealot where to go?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by smokey[dead], Mar 24, 2004.

1. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Fant. Zealot where to go?

After you max fant, sacrifice, and zeal, where do you guys go from there?

2. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

holy shield and defiance

3. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

if you're going to be questing with this guy I would suggest some into vengance/conviction and resist auras to deal with PIs. Resist auras are generally a good idea anyway as they have a passive bonus to your max resists (1 point max resists per 5 in the aura I think) Holy shield is really important, crazy increase in defence at high levels.

I dont know if defiance is so important as you'll never be using it as an aura since you'll rely so much on fanaticism (probably a synergy in there that I'm missing or something though)

4. Ill-Anubis

Ill-Anubis IncGamers Member

Defiance is a synergy for Holy Shield, gives additional defense.

5. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

ah, thats sort of what I figured. I guess if you have extra points you could put them into defiance, but all mine went into the resistance auras for the passive bonus. whatever floats your boat I suppose.

6. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

i have a pvp zealot..

and ive maxed zeal, sacrifice, holyshield, and fanat, but im using exile so any points into defiance will be a waste....

where else can i put them?

7. laban

laban Banned

Points in defiance shouldn't be a waste. These points add to the defense given by Holy Shield, thus will increase your defense regardless of whether you have a defiance aura from Exile or not.

The 16 virtual +skills to defiance provided by Exile does not count as synergy points, just like any other +skill bonus wont count as synergy points. Only the actual base points selected in defiance will boost the defense rating of Holy Shield.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Regards
    laban

8. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

I am currently ditching points into Sacrifice for the +12% damage synergy to Zeal.

Besides that I have maxed Vengeance and Conviction.

Lvl 79 Zealot/Avenger on Europe.

9. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

I've done several zealots now and I think that points in fanat and conviction are a waste. If anything, a point into sanctuary will break 90% of the PIs out there (undead), plus let you leech off of normally unleechable critters. Once you get a source of Amp or Decreptify, your PI problems are pretty much over anyway.

The two choices I see (after holy shield) are LR and Defiance. I've done defiance with one, but LR might be a little better to make you more gloam resistant.

-KS

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I only put a few points in sacrifice as i believe the damage boost isn't significant if your gear is good enough (eg. stormlash). Definetely max holy shield as a pally without max block is a dead pally and this will save you enormous dex points that can go into vitality (ideally 1500 or higher life pvm). Get conviction up as high as possible so that you can switch to an elemental weapon (eg. stormlash or b-star or gimmershred or demon's arch or nord's, etc.) for physical immunes.

11. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

I love conviction. Its good for everything. Its a great party Aura and for soloing. You can use it with vengence or zeal and a weapon with lots of elemental damage. Personally, I have stopped using Fanaticism after I found Gimmershred. Gimmershred has max elemental damage of almost 1500. when you double that with conviction and add more elemental damage from charms and and misc equipment, you can kill anything in the game. Even Diablo Clone.

Ulric