Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fanaticism Hidden IAS?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by sJw_shan, Mar 5, 2004.

1. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Fanaticism Hidden IAS?

Maybe I was just imagining things, but I was using my windforce zon at 8fps and after getting fanat from a nearby pally it seemed like my bow started shooting faster. Does fanat granted to a bowzon actually override the zon's bow's fps max and allow them to shoot faster? I think maybe I just come to expect fanat more as a speed bonus than a damage bonus, and that I just imagine I'm shooting faster. Btw I'm definitely at 8fps. I'm wearing 60ias armor, 20ias amulet, 10ias belt, shael in wf, 45ias helm, 20ias gloves. Thanks.

2. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Acording with german speed calculator 7 fpa is maximum attack speed for an Bowazon using normal attack.
    With your IAS you achieve 8 fpa but even with a level 1 Fanaticism you can reach 7 fpa.
    Check it in the calculator if you want.

PS: You'd need 295% IAS to reach 7 fpa without Fanaticism, so don't even try it ;)

3. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

To clairy a little further: Fanaticism adds speed to the base speed of the weapon, meaning that it adds effective ias directly, if he had something like maxed fanaticism it should add more or less 35%ias, effectively changing your wf from a +10 base speed bow into a -25 one.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

There's a cap for normal attacks for all chars of -75. So if you have a weapon that's like WSM -40 (imaginary), a lvl 20 fanat (35% EIAS) would make it -75. Any other IAS becomes obsolete then.

5. sJw_shan

Wow, thanks guys. However I'm still left to wonder since bow speed falls under fps frame rates, and it takes a whole lot more ias to get to higher frames, and I don't think that 30+ias from fanat would get me to the next frame. I guess fanat adds special ias to a bowzon that grants new frame rates that a normal bow zon cannot get.

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

fanaticism is skill ias, or effective ias. It isn't anywhere near the same as ias from equipment. It works by lowering the breakpoints for speeds, rather than increasing the speed itself. By doing this, it generally does increase speed, but only because the weapon itself is now in a different breakpoint bracket. I hope you understood that.

--welt

7. sJw_shan

yea i do. Thanks.

8. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I have grown smarter in my D2 knowledge thanks to this thread. If only things were that simple for calculus... :rant:

9. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

they are

phelix

10. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

wow i didnt know that. ive always wondered about this question too, just never asked. ive become smarter from this thread, if only algebra 2 were this simple for me :)