Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fanat Zealot Opinions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ReTriPally, Jun 6, 2005.

1. ReTriPally

ReTriPally IncGamers Member

Fanat Zealot Opinions

Well the fanat zealot im working on now i first thought of to give as much IAS as possible but then i learned that after 4 frames its worthless. I was wondering wat some opinions on my build were.
    20 Fanat
    20 Zeal
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Sacrifice
    Rest in blessed aim maybe or the aura that gives all resists

Shaeled Bstar
    Vamp Gaze with IAS jewel
    Guardian Angel templar armor (maybe IAS jewel depending on if its useful)
    Lavagout for the IAS
    Goreriders or something
    Herald of zak(maybe IAS jewel if i need it)
    I was gonna use nosferatus but if i dont need the IAS then something like thundergods
    Highlord's wrath
    raven frost
    another ring (soj if possible or a bulkathos)

he wouldnt have great defense but his block would be 75 all the time if i use holy shield and id be hitting more then getting hit with zeal.
    Does neone have any suggestions?

2. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

Gear looks good, you dont need any more ias becuz w/ a shaeled bstar + highlords you get 90ias total and the breakpoint fer 4 frame zeal w/ lvl 24 fanat is 83ias. An Um or Pdiamond that zak. Drop the lavagout and go w/ dracs or souldrainers. I didn't see any leech in your gears besides the gaze, 8 leech aint enuff fer hell i dont think. Just FYI, your res are gunna be pretty bad but he should do ok in nm and hell.

3. ReTriPally

should i get rid of the lavagouts then and get something else? and use the tgod belt?

4. MoonUnit

D'oh i was editing when you were posting :eek: Anyway i would go w/ dracs for gloves and tgods fer belts, ALL my zealots use them and they can walk turu hell pretty nicely.

5. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

chaos sanc *ahem*

6. ReTriPally

thx, nething i should do for res? i always have a problem when it comes to that

yeah chaos sanctuary mages rip through me but i like the item set, any suggestions?

7. MoonUnit

gods this is starting to look like spam lol. WEll i use a veil of steel and duress on my first zealot, orphans hat and coh on my 2nd and kiras w/ stone on my pvper. I'm betting that coh is the BEST armor fer a zealot.

passion small cresent on switch :p

8. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

id get guillames if you could. it just screams pvm. you can actually craft x2 duel leech rings too.

also i forgot to mention.. ireally wouldnt invest points into blessed aim if this is only pvm because your ar will be sufficient. id go defience.

9. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

If you can get a 15dr string or verd's then gaze could be swapped with a Um Kira's which offers huge resists. My fanatic zealot uses grief pb + HOZ on main while for Iron Maiden and PIs he has a 'Passion' cryptic sword and a 'Spirit' Sacred Targe cos its cheap, 60% base block and boosts berserk hehe. With maxed holyshield he still has max block on that too :p GA is nice but other options would be shaft,duress or lionheart...with Um being highest rune to spend/find :D I agree with dkay : a dual leech ring rocks as zealots can do fast/high damage and 4-5% mana leech is all you need in hell IMO Oh ya if you wanna go all cb for PvM then set winged helm +duress + gores gives a nice combo. I have a bash-stun barb and he uses Rattlecage but one may not like monster fleeing hehe. Oh ya they can't flee cos they are stunned :p Agree that dracs is the way to go as ctc life tap, OW and +str is so godly i didn't know what blizz were thinking lol. Add a Defiance/Holy Freeze/Might merc with Reapers if u can. Cheers!

p.s Hmm maybe 15+% life leech is better for hell PvM?

10. Sajuwa

Sajuwa IncGamers Member

mine wore..

40/15%ias 08 vamp gaze
    CoH Archon
    45 Resis Exile
    Perf Verdungo
    Imp Shanks
    2 Raven Spirals
    Rare Pally Ammy, 20 str, +2 Skills, 30 all resist
    Dracul Grasps
    Ebotd Zerker

i ended up with huge damage, and massive resistance; perfect in hell , and crazy speed with zeal with about 60ll and 40 ml

11. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

u mean best for pvm right? actually I'd say its not the best, atleast in pvp forti is much better and I use fortis in pvm too and I am doing just great...

:cheesy:
    *priit