Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fana vs HS, weapons...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Ossar, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Fana vs HS, weapons...

Should I make it a Zeal/fana or Zeal/HS? Gonna use Gris set. If you socket your set with ED jewels then you would do awesome phys damage? Someone tried it?

Was also thinking about making a cresent moon in a phase blade. Excellent for HS! Will be difficult getting an etheral 3 socket phase blade!

Will Zeal/HS kill good in hell?

Just say your thoughts concerning Fana vs HS. Equip, skills, tactics....

2. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

i thought phase blades can't be etheral

3. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

Phase blades can't be ethereal.

4. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Too bad, would be cool!

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

dude...on my zealot i maxed zeal AND fanat AND Holy shield AND sacrifice..and now im pumpin defiance for the synergy bonus on HS, so unless u plan on usin the skill points sumwhere else useful i would max all three

6. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

What about HS damage? Maxxed synergies and let's say +10 skills in HS? Would that be a nice build coupled with a cresent moon phase blade?

7. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

By the way, they *can* be ethereal, just not plain socketed/white ones. They have to be rare. Or unique.

8. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

ok im lost
    are we talkin bout HS as in holyshock or holyshield? sounds like holyshock right now..

9. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

with holy shock you could use a bunch of lightning facet jewels in the griswald set. That would be awesome.

Raven-Hood

10. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

A holy shock pally has been awesome for me so far. The damage is really random but I had well over 1200 max when my character was at level 30 and a decent attack speed. (Angelic full set and death's gloves/belt). You'll miss the leech if you go holyshock but it'll be great against phys immunes.

11. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

woops *blushes* i thought he was talkin bout shield...my fault, disregard my previous post *walks away kicking self*

12. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Thats allright! I forgive you =P. Decided on HS as this seems to be a better pvm killer!
    Thinkin about using draculs and verdungos. Good choice? Boots? Well, wt or gore rider?

Is it wise to fill the shield with p.diamonds? Or will this use up too many sockets for those vital light facets?

Oh, and is gris weapon already at 4fps not using fana? Or how much ias is required?

13. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Ok, now at lvl 72 and have 75!!! skill points unused. Can't decide upon what kind of pala I want. So far one skillpoint in zeal and one in might! Which is the best melee paladin? Plz post your own experiences. Damages? I'm using griswolds set.

14. xanth

xanth Guest

my zeal/fant/holy shield pally at lvl 75 right now has +6 to skills, maxed sacrifice, zeal and fant and is using a bstar...he does 1700-2500 dmg, not counting the +1-200 cold/fire/lightning dmg from the bstar so my real dmgs are 1703-3100...i can kill pretty well in hell soloing and phys immunes arnt that bad..just slower...i dont think that we have to worry about phys immunes in 1.10 as much cause ive only seen 2 or 3 since 1.10 came out

15. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Ton's of PIs in hell world stone keep. Sometimes half of them are PIs if you get a bad roll. Maybe you should get a Passion weapon and zerk all the way (can prevent IM death also).

16. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Ive got a zeal/holy shock pally in the works right now. Hes lvl 51 and does over 4k top end damage using some crusty old mace that was rotting away on a mule. HS at lvl 24 is adding around 3700 damage to my attack and the pulses are doing around 700. Ive been pumping resist lit and a few in salvation so far. Just a few more levels till i can use the crescent moon phase...

Anyway, Ive played plenty of pure zealots and I must say that this is a nice change of pace from fanaticism. Its very gratifying to run around and kill things without ever swinging a wep. I say this now, well see if I change my tune a bit when I get into hell :D

MajorB

17. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

But will my pala kill effectively in hell with HS?

18. ZephyrPelgun

ZephyrPelgun Banned

Yes you will kill every non LI very efficiently with CMPB. BUT! the monsters will kill u as effectively as u do.

Edit: i'll also add, i can solo act1 hell naked.

19. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Yes, whenever my friend and I duel, his necro puts bonewalls around my corpse. He was speechless after I charged him and killed him with zeal while my corpse was still on the ground :D