Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Family Multiplay question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by LordGrevious, May 31, 2005.

1. LordGrevious

LordGrevious IncGamers Member

Family Multiplay question

I've looked all over this site, and many others to find an answer to a problem me and my family are having. We have 4 people playing over a LAN game and we have beaten Act 1. The problem is that we can't proceed to Act 2. Now what, if anything do we need to do to move on? Does the person hosting, or the one who started the game have to complete the final quest? Because if so then we just spent a couple pointless days doing that Act for nothing. Thats my only conclusion so far. But please if you have any knowledge on this problem, please do tell. Thanks in advance

2. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

you should just check the Quests...if they are active or not (press Q) If the window sais, 'this quest cannot be completed' that means u'll have to create a new game, wait for the family and go kill andariel all together :) normally all should get the quest and should be able to proceed to act 2 by talking to meshif (could be other name, i mean the guy at the camp fire in town )

grtz and gl

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

To proceed to act 2 you need to kill Andariel (to state the obvious). This is the last quest in A1, so everybody check his quest log to see if the quest is completed or not.

If the quest is completed (or it says something like "go to warriv to take the caravan east"), talk to the Warriv guy and select the option to go east (you can always come back to Act 1 using the waypoint).

If the quest is not completed, someone who has not completed the quest needs to host a new game --- the available quests are taken from the game host. In order to complete the quest, someone who does not yet have the quest completed (read slowly if it confuses you :)) must be "close enough" to Andariel when she dies; he doesn't actually have to be the one killing her, he just has to be close enough (which IIRC is not an issue for Andariel, as the Catacombs 4 level is quite small). If so, then everyone in the party who's currently in Act 1 (anywhere) will get the quest as well, and you should all be able to use Warriv to go to Act 2.

4. LordGrevious

LordGrevious IncGamers Member

Oh so all the members of our party must partake in the final quest in order to move on to Act 2. Does that mean all members must be present in Andariels chamber when she is slain? And also does that mean each quest in the whole game must be completed by everyone? If so we have a lot of ground to cover again. Thanks for your help. Please do respond. :)

|EDIT| The guy above replied the exact moment as I posted also. So I read your post now. |EDIT|

5. befkonijn

nope in act 1 you only need to kill andariel and talk to wariv to proceed to act 2, and yes all chars in ur party should be somewhere near andariel to get the quest done, but most of the time you will be hitting on her all together so that should be no problem... it is possible that, when 3 of you are already slapping andariel and a 4th person enters the game, that the 4th person cannot complete the quest, because you started it already..

hope this is somewhat clear :D

grz

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You don't need any of the other quests at all. You can even use a L1 character, enter the party, step through a town portal into Andy's chamber and let the others do the work. That will change in act 2, 3 and 5 where you can't simply step through any TP.

Apart from that, Myrakh-2 said it all. The game must have been created by somebody who hasn't solved the quest. Party up. Also check the quest log. If she's dead, talk to Warriv who will offer you to sail east.

7. Myrakh-2

This is of "practical use" mostly in bnet, not in private LAN games, but applies there nonetheless.

No. All that's needed is ONE character who needs the quest, the others can be anywhere in Act 1.

On bnet, the most common practical use for this is getting A2 and A5 (Duriel/Tyrael and Baal) completion quests without getting the prerequisite quests first. You cannot get around the A3 travincal quest since the important thing is going through the red portal, so obviously you need to be able to enter the durance...

No again --- all that matters is the "time of death". Diablo doesn't actually have a concept of an "ongoing quest", even though the quest log shows intermediate states as well --- for every quest there is a well-defined single action that must be taken, and that one action is all that's important.

8. befkonijn

my apologies, i'll leave the advice giving to more experienced players i guess :)

bb

9. Myrakh-2

Your advice wasn't exactly wrong, just a bit too restrictive :) Having everyone watch Andariel die won't cause any harm (unless they get killed while watching...), since they are still "somewhere in Act 1" :)

These little details with the quests often confuse people, and you aren't going to learn about them unless you risk being corrected by some hairsplitting people...