Fallen Shaman - work in progress

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen Shaman - Update 8

Surprise update. The new drive doesn't arrive until Monday, but I couldn't just sit on the project and do nothing. I figured I can't work with the textures that are backed up (not without a lot of file redirecting), but I can create new ones. So I started work on the skin and finished the head, torso, and upper arms.

The textures that are missing are obvious in the render below. The system uses a default texture (the multicolored mess in the image) when it can't find the one specified. After I restore everything Monday, the proper textures will naturally come back.

Edairu

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fallen Shaman - work in progress

Looks amazing, and I'm sure it will look superb once all the textures are in place.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Agkistrodon

Diabloii.Net Member

I've been watching this post silently for a while now, but I can't hold my tongue any longer. THE SKIN IS AWESOME! The skin is the best part so far (in my eyes), it's just superb.

Great work, man. This is truly awesome.

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

Haha! Keep this model, it's a Fallen Shaman Hippie! =D

Concert tickets tucked down his pants, and a bag full of weed or stronger stuff, lol!

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member

First, thank you, everyone, for all the praise!

Alright, no more rainbows or hippie concerts. I got the new drive installed and all my work restored, so no more missing textures. I finished the skin, and almost finished the staff. Note that the staff is not to scale relative to the Fallen. It's actually considerably taller than what is shown. Leord, I fixed the horns so they no longer look ancient. haha

Click for a larger view below:

Click for a larger view below:

Last edited:

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

First, thank you, everyone, for all the praise!

Alright, no more rainbows or hippie concerts. I got the new drive installed and all my work restored, so no more missing textures. I finished the skin, and almost finished the staff. Note that the staff is not to scale relative to the Fallen. It's actually considerably taller than what is shown. Leord, I fixed the horns so they no longer look ancient. haha
Wow! just awesome. I am mostly impressed by the skin. It got a very "real" quality to it!

One detail though. I see you've taken inspiration from animal skin colour, but I should probably point out that the back side usually retains similar colour to the rest of the body, while throat, tummy, groin get some sort of lighter colour.

So, basically, make his bum red =D

And do make sure it has that speckly quality you have on the rest of the creature! The tummy and throat colouration is very very good btw.

Another minuscule detail is the tattoos. Try to diffuse the edges of them, and making them a hint of blue (barely noticeable is the aim) if you ever plan to show close-ups of him. They look like textures more than tattoos at the moment.

Quite an amazing trip so far! =D

Flux

Administrator

Now tweak this a bit to make a female version, in a fur bikini. You could probably sell copies of that one on ebay. never underestimate the weirdness of internet fetishes.

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member

Excellent suggestions on the tweaking of the body coloring and tattoos. I implemented the changes and it looks much better.

Holyknight3000

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Delo, awesome work. keep it up, cant wait for the final version here!

Vadoff

Diabloii.Net Member

Looks amazing, it's really come a long way since the beginning.

Btw, excellent decision to use 3 toes insetad of 5, as well as the 4 fingers. From these models, you can see that virtually every demon in Diablo 2 shared those traits: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:D2_Monster_Images

Can't wait till the final version is complete.
I think you should definitely send it in to Blizzard's fanart section once you're done.

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen Shaman - Final Update

He's finished! I just got him rigged up. I put him in a pose to try him out, and I'm happy with it. Thank you everyone for your suggestions through the whole process. It really helped out a lot.

Click for larger view:

Last edited:

Mizantrop

Diabloii.Net Member

Masterfully done!
I am sure Bashiok would love to see this one. Perhaps you should post it on the official forums as well?

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll help ya bump that one! It deserves it!

As for our forum, I'd prefer if you used the 600px wide pic and linked to the page of the larger pic. Both so people can comment there, but also, becuase some people use smaller screens or browser windows, and it kinda wrecks the forum view if larger than 600px (medium view size in the gallery).

Mizantrop

Diabloii.Net Member

I hope he'll see this, eventhough he said he won't read threads that have his name in them.

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, he has on several occasions, and in this case it's more of a tribute than wanting any replies!