Fallen Shaman - work in progress

AkumaSlayer

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Re: Fallen Shaman - work in progress

That's what I'm assuming, placeholders just to show the colors he wants to use. Nice color scheme btw. It should contrast well to his red skin.

Dariel

Diabloii.Net Member

I guess it shows that I wasn't playing Diablo II for some time, because I had no idea that's who you were making. Obviously keep it as original as possible, and that medallion looks freaking amazing.

BarbaQ

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice! Really great to see someone putting their time and effort into something like this is, saw that Durance of pain that you did earlier and I was quite blown away coz the quality and details are so incredible that I first thought it was blizz-authentic material o_O

Just stopping by and giving props to the man who is behind it, keep it up :thumbup:

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

It's nice to see more people are finding the way to the fan art forums. These masterminds sure need more praise ;)

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member

Glad you like everything, BarbaQ, thanks for the comment.

Does anyone have any more input on the toes? 3 or 5, that is the question. I'm leaning towards 3 solely based on the D1 Fallen picture. Thanks for the input!

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Really nice work! It looks amazing.

On the toe topic, I think 3 toes would look cooler than 5. It would give less of a human look to it, and as you said it looks like the D1 has 3 toes.

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fallen Shaman - Update 4

+belt, buckle, and "flaps"
+earrings
+armlets
+pouch
+skull cups/containers
+ankle bracelet
+longer arms

My LCD monitor died several days ago, so I've been using a small, 15" backup LCD until I can procure a replacement next month. :weep: As you can see, most of his props/clothing are done. I'll be removing the toes next, whittling them down to 3. Someone wondered about the colors earlier. Nothing is textured yet. Those are just basic colors/shaders so I can easily differentiate the different parts from each other.

AkumaSlayer

Looking really great! Also, good to see you have time for this after playing diablo. ;) Can't wait to see this guy in a scene.

Depending on how far away the shaman is from the camera you might want to enlarge some of his props (earrings, jewellery etc.) For the weapons I recommend making a staff (like in the avatar). You could also make some swords, shields and spears for his army of fallen. ;) I figure it shouldn't be too difficult to convert him into a fallen by changing his props and weapons, and making the minions a bit smaller.. also perhaps removing the horns.. ok maybe it's not so simple. :p But it would look great in the scene.

Love it how the skull on his belt actually looks like a chipped skull from D2. :grin: As always, your attention to detail is perfect.

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, frickin ace. I think you can continue to add bits and bobs a long time, as they probably carry a sh!tload of stuff and mumbling "Calenzo"..

Grug

Diabloii.Net Member

They just put up an ad on the Blizz site for an associate modeler. Seize the day!

AkumaSlayer

If you have time Delowyn, you should consider entering the Blizzard Theme Park competition :
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/win-beta-keys-blizzard-theme-park-contest/
http://www.blizzard.com/us/inblizz/contests/themepark/legal.html

You could use a lot of the models you've already made and feature them in the theme park somewhere... I think you have a good chance of winning. :grin:

Prizes include writing tablets, blizzard soundtracks and starcraft 2 beta keys.

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen Shaman - Update 5

+arm bands
+arm cuff
+feathers
+new feet
+string below knee
+2 new small pouches
+quill rat leg band

Going to make the staff, then start texturing this guy.

Tragedian

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm quite impressed. I assume you're using 3ds max?

I'm learning the program for my Animation degree, but it's a real pain. I'm more of an illustrator than a modeler.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

nEgativezEro

Diabloii.Net Member

It may be the posture, but it seems almost too tall. In the game they've always appeared much more hunched over to me in game. I imagine that may change once you add the bones and do the rigging and such.

The modeling looks fantastic and all the little trinkets and items on him fit in so well. Looks like it's coming along great. Well done! :)

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen Shaman - Update 7

+materials/texturing on most of his trinkets and clothing

Last edited:

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fallen Shaman - Update 7

+materials/texturing on most of his trinkets and clothing
Wow, that is really nice. I'm one of those people who have a hard time seeing things without details. All my drawn sketches always gets lot of detail, as I can't stand them without it, but it's really cool to see the fallen starting to take shape!

I'll also give you better feedback when the skin texture is in place, but I kind of think the horns might be a little bit to "old"/crackled. I get the impression Fallen don't live very long, so even shamans "elders" are probably less than 20 or so...

Did you see someone's comment on the BlizzContest?

Delowyn

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, when it rains, it pours. First my monitor died, now my secondary hard drive failed the other night. A new one is on order. My new monitor arrived on Monday, so I'm all set there, but I can't work on the project until the new drive comes in because it was my "art drive" that died and is getting replaced. I do routine backups, so I didn't lose anything. It's just a matter of waiting for the replacement from newegg and restoring everything. Both the monitor and drive were several years old (at least 5+), so it was just their time to go, unfortunate as it is. RIP.

Leord

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, when it rains, it pours. First my monitor died, now my secondary hard drive failed the other night. A new one is on order. My new monitor arrived on Monday, so I'm all set there, but I can't work on the project until the new drive comes in because it was my "art drive" that died and is getting replaced. I do routine backups, so I didn't lose anything. It's just a matter of waiting for the replacement from newegg and restoring everything. Both the monitor and drive were several years old (at least 5+), so it was just their time to go, unfortunate as it is. RIP.
Ah, bloody hell =(

Well, at least you didn't lose anything!